Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

This book, and to a great extent for the other 2 team books, really suffered from having events intruding upon the writers' vision. From issue 7 to 12, this run has had to focus on the Apocalypse Wars, an editorially mandated event. And then it had only 4 issues (13-16) to tell the story that Lemire really wanted to tell: Magik and Sapna vs the World Eater. And the very next issue was the first of three IvX tie-in issues (17-19) and here we are, at issue 20. It just seems clear to me that 9 out of this 20-issue run were taken up by editorially-mandated content, almost half of his run. Lemire only had 11 issues to write his stories. And then there are quite a few scenes taking up space among this 11 issues to feature Weirdworld, which Marvel was trying to push at the time.

With all this interference, it's no surprise that the quality of this run has suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Healers can cure people now. They already could before but, as they said in the book, they would have to keep curing them because they would become sick again as long as the mist existed.
    IIRC Elixir was the only one who could completely get rid of the virus. Triage and others could only temporarily hold it. And Elixir is kind of missing rn.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    IIRC Elixir was the only one who could completely get rid of the virus. Triage and others could only temporarily hold it. And Elixir is kind of missing rn.
    But Triage can cure the symptoms, including death so the virus doesn't really matter at that point.

It's not a virus, it's a chemical agent. It's not alive, it doesn't replicate itself. It's a molecule that bound itself to dna and alter it. Remove it, and people won't "catch it" again except if they are exposed to it again.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Meh, I'm glad this book is coming to a close. It devolved Kurt and Ororo, really did nothing for Jean or Logan, Colossus had a poor character arc that in the end did nothing new, and made Forge a lovescorned puppy almost it's entire run. Only Magik and Sapna really came out on the good side (although I liked Martha and Anole's upgrades). And wasn't Sunfire supposed to be a major player at some point in the run per Lemire? This run seemed uninspired and never found good footing as Lemire was forced to make this book about the half-a$$ed story Marvel wanted to tell and then got caught in cross-overs. I'm glad it will be done.

It's not that the book was really bad. But it wasn't good either. Problem is that it was pretty bland and unmemorable. There was a good things but way not enough. Speaking for myself, I never felt any kind of suspense or any urge to have to know what would be in the next issue.