Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I just don't get all the hate.

Sure exm was kinda on cruise control... nothing huge happened. It will probably be a run that fades from memory quickly but it's not one that will be remembered as "bad" I don't think. Not long term.
    Sometimes things that are "bland" get more hate than things that are "bad". Look at Apocalypse vs Last Stand, or the new Iron Fist series.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Sometimes things that are "bland" get more hate than things that are "bad". Look at Apocalypse vs Last Stand, or the new Iron Fist series.
    Hm I'm pretty sure Last Stand is still more hated. As far as I know that's the really bad one.

I see Storm is already growing the Mohawk out - I'm pleasantly surprised someone decided to put that in.
    I like it when they bridge little things like that.

This wasn't the best run - but it had some good bits to it.
    Roll on X-Men Gold!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wait what.
    Yeah dude, Ibanez and Koda are horrible...$4 for 20 pages is already pushing it no matter who's writing or drawing it...but $4 for 20 pages of art by these guys? Marvel's just ripping people off at that point...I thought you actually had to have at least some talent to draw comics at this level...but then these guys and Kuder came along and proved that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I just don't get all the hate.

Sure exm was kinda on cruise control... nothing huge happened. It will probably be a run that fades from memory quickly but it's not one that will be remembered as "bad" I don't think. Not long term.

I actually like the dialogue here. Ivx wasn't pretty. Storm made tough choices. Questionable ones. But she's right, it's a new chapter and mutants are still alive to see another day. I'm excited for the new beginnings.
    That's kinda the problem there with EXM. At very least when you have a particularly bad comic, it leaves you with some impact as a reader but in EXM's case, it was the kind of bad that leaves you with nothing. I'd say that even WatXM at its worse was still better than this book. It had no real impact, it had forgettable stories and just felt like filler to get us through a year til IvX. Nothing meaningful happened in this book and at the end all we can say is, it existed. That imo is worse than being bad because it fails on the level of not even being able to make any real impact on its readers yet was claimed to be the flagship title.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Oooookkkkaaaayyyyyy.....is any of this going to solve the Terrigen poisoning problem? Rogue, Sunspot, Lady Mastermind, Ronnie, Hellion, Dazzler, and etc. are all still very heavily poisoned. Getting rid of the cloud only gets rid of an extinction threat, but all those listed mutants can still die. If there's anything for Extraordinary X-Men's final issue to focus on, it's finding a damn cure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    It sounds like I would be better suited to just stick with the forum spoilers for this series, thanks for all the input! One thing I have learned, I loved Bachelo's art in the 90's but I think I kind of outgrew it at some point, it was just not my style when this series started out. Just not clean enough. And the little I did read the writing was just bland. Great line up but just unexciting. The changes I read Colossus went through...meh, at this point who HASN'T been a horseman yet? Kitty, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Psylocke better watch out. And the storyline with Snapna (or something like that) sounded meh to me as well. also I like my Storm strong willed and regal, not doubtful and self pitying.
    Psylocke became a horseman in UXF.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oooookkkkaaaayyyyyy.....is any of this going to solve the Terrigen poisoning problem? Rogue, Sunspot, Lady Mastermind, Ronnie, Hellion, Dazzler, and etc. are all still very heavily poisoned. Getting rid of the cloud only gets rid of an extinction threat, but all those listed mutants can still die. If there's anything for Extraordinary X-Men's final issue to focus on, it's finding a damn cure.
    Healers can cure people now. They already could before but, as they said in the book, they would have to keep curing them because they would become sick again as long as the mist existed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Yeah dude, Ibanez and Koda are horrible...$4 for 20 pages is already pushing it no matter who's writing or drawing it...but $4 for 20 pages of art by these guys? Marvel's just ripping people off at that point...I thought you actually had to have at least some talent to draw comics at this level...but then these guys and Kuder came along and proved that wrong
    I don't like Ibanez's art either. This board seems to really love his work, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm sure Moon Girl solved everything off panel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I'm sure Moon Girl solved everything off panel!
    We'll find out next week when the Extraordinary team pays her a visit to thank her in her solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    We'll find out next week when the Extraordinary team pays her a visit to thank her in her solo book.
    Am I gonna have to start reading her book as well....because I'm finding it hard enough to catch up on my comics as it is.
    Not sure about adding the adventures of the child genius and her pet dinosaur....now that I type it that doesn't sound so bad.....but still.

Your tastes are very... singular. I wouldn't understand.

Good preview. Love the interaction between Storm and O5 Jean. It's an interaction I wish we saw more often. Some younger fans may not even realize the history that Jean and Storm have as friends. I get that there were a lot of extenuating circumstances that kept both characters from interacting that much. I do hope that at some point, they get to sit down and have a real heart-to-heart. For now, I'll settle for this.

Extraordinary X-men has never been a bad book. Jeff Lemire has done fairly well, despite having a shaky foundation to say the least. But the book has never been all that spectacular either. It's never gone the extra distance. It's never felt like a concise, organized book in which every issue is a must-read. But for the most part, it has been solid and I think it deserves props for doing as well as it has done these past couple years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Stop binge drinking brah.
    Its messing with your thread game.