Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Not necessarily any more. I think Kyle is being depicted as more late 20's, while Wally is more early 20's.

Not that their specific age is the important thing (and I know I mentioned it) but rather when they were in operation. But I don't get the impression that Wally was ever anything other than Kid Flash in the New 52 history, he didn't become old enough to be an adult Flash until now when he has returned. And I can't see Kid Flash being in the JLA.
    The other Lanterns still seem to view Kyle as the "kid brother," so he's probably not all that far off from the current Wally in terms of age. I'd put him, at best, at mid-20's but not as close to the other Lanterns in age.

I think it's possible we'll see Wally's tenure as The Flash re-established once the timeline fixes itself, maybe consolidating Post-Crisis and the New 52 like we seem to be getting out of Superman: Reborn.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Ryan Choi mentioned that Ray Palmer was part of the Justice League, so Rebirth has definitely nuked the idea that the New 52 retcon of the rebooted team (along with J'Onn for a time) being the only members of the League during for all these years.

Given how important Guy's relationships within his League were, I think it's very likely his tenure in some form of JLI (beyond the short-lived and crappy New 52 version) will also be restored...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Ryan Choi mentioned that Ray Palmer was part of the Justice League, so Rebirth has definitely nuked the idea that the New 52 retcon of the rebooted team (along with J'Onn for a time) being the only members of the League during for all these years.

Given how important Guy's relationships within his League were, I think it's very likely his tenure in some form of JLI (beyond the short-lived and crappy New 52 version) will also be restored...
    How DC could have retconned away the original "one-punch" disgusts me. At least keep some variant of it in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Actually, Choi referred to Palmer as being in "his League" which is why I am proposing there was a previously-unknown (to us) JLA in addition to the JL, thus solving the problem without having to dispute what was printed.

All this leads to the likelihood that the more of the past (pre-Flashpoint) continuity they try to cram into the already established New52DCYou/Rebirth backstory, the more they're going to need a Zero Hour 2.0 at some point.

(It's the post-CoIE/post-Hawkworld problem all over again.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Pointless to argue against: Wally being Flash has been re-confirmed several times after Rebirth one shot, including by Barry's own mouth once. So it's going to be reintroduced to continuity.

Kyle and Wally are the 90s front legacy characters and besties, so they will have their history return eventually. There is actually more of a chance of including Kyle to Titans even.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    No. According to Throne of Atlantis, for the duration of the New52 up to that point, no members had ever joined the founding 7.

Just another reason New52 sucks monkey chucks
    Yup. But I think Moon's right. Given how much they've emphasized Wally's time as Flash being part of the "lost 10 years" that will likely be restored once Rebirth runs its course, I don't think they could leave out Wally's (and therefore also Kyle's) time with the League. And hopefully that's true. I really miss that friendship.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well...it seems that the memories Wally has of pre-Flashpoint aren't exactly HIS memories, but rather memories he gained off another (pre-Flashpoint) version of his life while stuck in the Speed Force.

Also, Wally's memories of pre-Flashpoint aren't as clear as they were in the Speed Force. He basically remembers the New 52 version of his life. But he also remembers bits and pieces of pre-Flashpoint, like being the Flash and being married to Linda Park, as well as Clark and Lois being married.

It WOULD be interesting to see Wally and Kyle meet again...with Wally possibly remembering Kyle but Kyle not knowing Wally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well...it seems that the memories Wally has of pre-Flashpoint aren't exactly HIS memories, but rather memories he gained off another (pre-Flashpoint) version of his life while stuck in the Speed Force.
    Johns has said that his goal with Rebirth is to make the New 52 characters the same versions as they were Pre-Flashpoint, to literally "break down the wall" between what was written before 2011 and what was written after. So, I think that what he's trying to say in the issue is that there is no difference between Pre-Flashpoint and Post-Flashpoint Wally. They are quite literally the same guy who lived the same life, BUT that the experiences that made his life the way it was before Flashpoint have been culled from his personal history by some omniscient being. But, that also means that those experiences will likely be restored to his personal timeline after meeting and confronting that being.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Johns has said that his goal with Rebirth is to make the New 52 characters the same versions as they were Pre-Flashpoint, to literally "break down the wall" between what was written before 2011 and what was written after. So, I think that what he's trying to say in the issue is that there is no difference between Pre-Flashpoint and Post-Flashpoint Wally. They are quite literally the same guy who lived the same life, BUT that the experiences that made his life the way it was before Flashpoint have been culled from his personal history by some omniscient being. But, that also means that those experiences will likely be restored to his personal timeline once Rebirth runs its course.
    Did he still have kids though? I'm not sure that has been mentioned. Was it even confirmed that him and Linda were married.

BANNED

Also, Wally's memories of pre-Flashpoint aren't as clear as they were in the Speed Force. He basically remembers the New 52 version of his life. But he also remembers bits and pieces of pre-Flashpoint, like being the Flash and being married to Linda Park, as well as Clark and Lois being married.

It WOULD be interesting to see Wally and Kyle meet again...with Wally possibly remembering Kyle but Kyle not knowing Wally.
    Yeah, it's a little suspicious that even when Wally had the most pre-Flashpoint memories (like while he was in the Speed Force and immedately after) he didn't seem too concerned about his kids. Which leads me to think that what he has been remembering all along is a "15-year New52" where he was a little older, had met Linda, and married her, but that was as far as it went.

And yes, while some people might say it's all the same person, by the time you've moved someone's actual date of birth around and changed the circumstances of their home life and whatnot, you've effectively made them into a different person. So I think it's fair to consider pre-F Wally and New 52 Wally as separate people. Or like with reincarnation, the same soul living different lives (although in this case, they are very similar).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Did he still have kids though? I'm not sure that has been mentioned. Was it even confirmed that him and Linda were married.
    As for the second part, yes, Wally clearly remembers being married to Linda. He's even still lamenting over how to get her back or rebuild what they once had. As for the first part, its a big "maybe or maybe not" because Abnett said he doesn't think so currently, but has avoided addressing it in the book and that he also has plans to have Wally remember his kids. But, I don't want to spend too much time talking about this issue. I don't want to derail the thread.

Anyway, back to Kyle. Yeah, he was great on the League. I wish DC would put that time back in canon!
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, it's a little suspicious that even when Wally had the most pre-Flashpoint memories (like while he was in the Speed Force and immedately after) he didn't seem too concerned about his kids. Which leads me to think that what he has been remembering all along is a "15-year New52" where he was a little older, had met Linda, and married her, but that was as far as it went.
    There's a panel literally showing Irie, his daughter, in a scene taken directly from '09's Flash: Rebirth.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2017 at 11:00 AM.

IMHO the decisive part isn't that Wally remembers being Flash, it's Barry who also remembers Wally's Flash stint.

BANNED

the 10 years being stolen seems to have created an alternate timeline which may or may not be erased if the act of restoring those ten years will create another timeline or restore the proper timeline so Kyle may or may not be restored as a alternate timeline could be created by the restoring of those lost years creating a coronal anomaly as time may not start flowing from proper point which may or may not require another intervention least the time stream is shattered and everything is frozen in time.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

About Kyle: He's never been in the League until stated otherwise, but there's a big chance it will be stated otherwise soon. If there's one thing Rebirth will probably correct is the nonsense of having the JL having been a closed club of amateurs for over five years. That's not to say all of the League's history will be restored, but a lot of stuff has been glossed over anyway (was there a Lantern in the League in Jordan was Paralixing, for instance? Was Dick Grayson in the League when Bruce was dead?). So, while the "mantra" is that Kyle was not there, he probably was at some point.

About Wally: His period as Flash has been mentioned by Barry, who, in all accounts, should have no recollection of it. We could this as a mistake or we could take it as an indication of something more (I'd bet in a little bit of both). That said, Wally clearly has 2 sets of "missing" memories, as even his new 52 self - which is different from his pre-Flashpoint self - has a chunk of his life missing.

We'll know soon enough.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!