Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Or rather Superman's mythos is an adaption of Greek myths like Hercules. Since the Classical Greek stories predate Superman by thousands of years.
    Na, it's more like an adaption of a '30s novel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I saw it once, didn't care for it.

I can see a few comparisons but MAN OF STEEL is by far a better SUPERMAN film.
    Man of Steel isn't the better anything.

I absolutely love this movie. To this day I can continue to watch this as if it was my first time watching it. I'm a huge fan of adaptions of Greek mythology. So what if they changed a lot of the story? There's so many versions and Disney always changes their stories which I'm totally fine with. It's their version of a classic story.

That said, Meg is definitely my favorite female love interest in a Disney film. Her lines and her voice acting were fantastic. I was just thinking about this two days ago, that's so freaky. "He comes on with his big, innocent farm boy routine, but I could see through that in a Peloponnesian minute" still makes me laugh when she delivers it.

Back on topic, I love Herc. Hades just steals the show.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    You are sounding like the Nostalgia Critic.
    Does this Nostalgia Critic person not like the movie?

It's a...fairly terrible movie.

As a Hercules adaption, it will make your eyes bleed and your blood boil.

As a Disney movie, it is third-rate, at best.

I could keep going, but Korval over at TV Tropes has a pretty brutal dissection of the entire thing. While he can be quite nit-picky at times, I thought he did a decent job of pointing out why it sucks. Not to mention why the ending moral of the film is completely f****d up.

As a Superman adaption? Not much better. Hercules in the film is far too vanilla for my tastes.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    It's a...fairly terrible movie.

As a Hercules adaption, it will make your eyes bleed and your blood boil.

As a Disney movie, it is third-rate, at best.

I could keep going, but Korval over at TV Tropes has a pretty brutal dissection of the entire thing. While he can be quite nit-picky at times, I thought he did a decent job of pointing out why it sucks. Not to mention why the ending moral of the film is completely f****d up.

As a Superman adaption? Not much better. Hercules in the film is far too vanilla for my tastes.
    It's about as good, or better than, all those other "Disney Renaissance" era movies. It's much better than the two movies before and after it.