Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Having Kurtzman is a huge mistake, IMHO; the guy worked on both Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Beyond, and Amazing Spider-Man 2. All three of those movies were incredibly sloppy in the plot, really failed to capture the franchise they were a part of, and were really emotionally superficial.
    Correction, it was Star Trek Into Darkness he worked on, not Star Trek Beyond. Beyond was the most recent one by Simon Pegg, which everyone loves. Into Darkness is the one with Khan that everyone hates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Correction, it was Star Trek Into Darkness he worked on, not Star Trek Beyond. Beyond was the most recent one by Simon Pegg, which everyone loves. Into Darkness is the one with Khan that everyone hates.
    Dammit, that's also what I meant. ST: Beyond wasn't too bad. I didn't like Into Darkness much at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Didn't I write that? Besides, I like Beyond, and I'm speaking as a Trekkie who thinks that the other reboot movies screwed up big time in recreating the Star Trek universe.

(I thought most people liked Into Darkness. Most of the haters seem to be old school fans like me, who're big on the "prime universe" stuff, the old movies, the TV show.)

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Venom movie? What kind of planet do the guys at Marvel live on? Battleworld? Ego?....
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Venom movie? What kind of planet do the guys at Marvel live on? Battleworld? Ego?....
    Seems like it's largely Sony Pictures pushing for this, since they still hold the Spider-Man characters movie rights.

They only shared them with Marvel based on a deal that was worked out.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Seems like it's largely Sony Pictures pushing for this, since they still hold the Spider-Man characters movie rights.

They only shared them with Marvel based on a deal that was worked out.
    Oh, I know that, I am pulling wisecracks about it.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

The only way this won't suck horribly is if it's set in the MCU and features Tom Holland's Spidey.

I'm trying to figure out how this will work in my head. I just can't see Venom being a good guy without having been a bad guy first.

You can say that Eddie is still a disgraced journalist without having Peter in the picture. You can have him run across the alien that was brought back to earth by astronauts or maybe he finds it when investigating some government lab or something, but why does he use it to make webbing and dress like Spider-man? And if he doesn't , what makes the character Venom?

And will he still eat people's brains?

And will we ever see the return of Rad Eddie?

Well, at least Venom finally seems to be getting out of development hell. As for what I think about this? It all depends upon whether a Venom solo movie will be tied into the Marvel Cinematic Universe or not.

Sony's Venom Solo Film Gets Official Release Date
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I'm thinking this film needs to be connected to Spider-Man to work, and that this is a bit early in the new Spidey's career, but maybe there is a storyline that resolves that issue. Or it's so good that it's a moot point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

It'll be interesting to see how bad Sony butchers Venom.

BANNED

Default Sony's making a Venom Film: R-rated and NOT SET IN THE MCU ?!?

Okay everyone recalls that SONY and Marvel made a deal so that Marvel can use Spidey in their MCU films and make the new movies in the MCU with Spidey as the star, right ?

So how is it that there are now talks of not only a Black Cat and Silver Sable film, but a Venom movie...a R-RATED Venom film and these are, if the reports are accurate, NOT SET IN THE MCU ?!?

What a bunch of BULL!!!!

Surely everyone knows that Sony is in DEEP FINANCIAL TROUBLE that this deal is their only lifeline left, right ?

For them to make news like this, even if they do own the movie rights....is just frustrating stubbornness at its finest.

As Spider-man fans what do you say to this ?

Should these films come into the MCU, since they're a part of Spidey's overall history, but also....you may as well build a bigger world with the Marvel TV, Marvel Movies and now Marvel/Disney/Sony Spider-man MCU world, right ?

Honestly, I am in no interest of watching a Venom movie with no ties to Holland's Spidey, I'd rather see an Aunt May detective thriller.

I don't get it, why wouldn't they want to connect it to MCU Spider-man? It was one thing when they tried to make a Spider-man cinematic universe with Webb and Garfield, it still failed. But making a cinematic universe of Spider-man characters WITHOUT Spidey?? What are they thinking?

Clearly, Deadpool and Logan have shown Sony that they don't need to make MCU Marvel movies to be successful.

If they have a stand-alone take on Venom, I don't see why they wouldn't go ahead with it.