Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ghost Rider has a book?
    No, apparently he had a book, but it is over now.

What is it today with all these starts-and-stops?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Not surprising really, the book was a let down.

What I do find surprising is that this book happened like it did. Robbie is Felipe's baby and Alonso obviously has a passion for the character. With the gap between the Ghost Riders mini and this current volume they had a lot of time to focus and get things right and this is what they decide to do?!

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Was it that bad? I haven't read it yet.
    It was not bad, but rather extremely disappointing. As everybody else has said, the book reads more like a team-up story, giving a lot of space to the other superheores in it. The story is fine... It just should have been published as its own miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Big Surprise. Next time, when you create a comics called Ghost Rider, try to make it about Ghost Rider and not about a bunch of b-list heroes that, except X-23, nobody care. And the art was atrocious.
    and that was a terrible depiction of X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There are some quality control issues at Marvel.

IDK how books like this and World of Wakanda made it past any editor anywhere without them going "jesus this is garbage, lets cut our losses at one page"
    I don't think it's applicable to GR, but Marvel seems to be courting a lot of new talent (good!) and then leaving them to sink or swim when it comes to learning the comics format (bad!). Writing a comic isn't like writing a short story or a novel, and editors need to take time to do some hand-holding with regard to pacing, dialogue, and how to make the best impact with visual storytelling. Based on what I've read of the new America series and Black Panther, and what I've heard about WoW, they're not doing it.

Incredible Member

I like the Ghost Riders, my two favorite incarnations being Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes, but nothing about this book screamed plunk down 4-5 bucks and buy me.

Extraordinary Member

Not sure what there was about the previous versions sales that made them think a revisit was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Not sure what there was about the previous versions sales that made them think a revisit was a good idea.
    I think Robbie Reyes appearing in Agent of SHIELD was the reason to give it a second shot.

And I guess this book getting cancelled killed the chances for the All-New All Different Fantastic Four book it was trying to setup...

Niffleheim

At least with movies the audience is big enough that it can lure a minute percent to go in search of the books otherwise ......doomed.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-17-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I guess this book getting cancelled killed the chances for the All-New All Different Fantastic Four book it was trying to setup...
    Especially since Silk is cancelled too.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Especially since Silk is cancelled too.
    Wow! poor Cindy What happened?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last time they hinted to a possible New Fantastic Four reunion was Circle of Four, and that was supposed to be a Ghost Rider centric mini-event, who at the time was Alejandra. Instead they decided to make it an Agent Venom based event because that was the best selling book out of the four characters involved (x-23, Red Hulk, Ghost Rider). It sold well and did all those characters justice as much as it could.

Now it seemed like they tried what they didn't do before. Should've had it happen in X-23's book if they wanted to set something up...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

iMan 42s

If the book really was intent on setting up a new Fantastic Four then that is what it should be doing and not at the compromise of a Ghost Rider solo book which to my knowledge is what it was being sold as. A new Fantastic Four should just be a new Fantastic Four since since a solo is supposed to focus on the title character, not the team-ups.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Wow! poor Cindy What happened?
    Low sales happened. Bad art is blamed.