Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Iron Fist Episodes 1-6

Discuss the first 6 episodes of the show in here.

Finished episode 1, and so far I honestly cannot see what all the bad reviews are about.

The pacing is no slower than any other show, it's definitely faster than most episodes of Luke Cage.

So far the only weakness has been the acting between Ward and Harold, every time Finn Jones has been on screen he's been pretty stellar and consistent.

Only criticism so far to hold us is that the show does seem to be more story focused and thus is action light at this stage.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Also just finished the first episode. Well it was ok, nothing too special, but decent.
    I wonder if the flak the series is receving is justified beyond the usual racism accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Finished episode 1, and so far I honestly cannot see what all the bad reviews are about.

The pacing is no slower than any other show, it's definitely faster than most episodes of Luke Cage.

So far the only weakness has been the acting between Ward and Harold, every time Finn Jones has been on screen he's been pretty stellar and consistent.

Only criticism so far to hold us is that the show does seem to be more story focused and thus is action light at this stage.
    Huge Ditto.

This is way better than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I wonder if the flak the series is receving is justified beyond the usual racism accusations.
    Seems to be that way. SJW agenda against the show.

But reviewers saw the first 6 episodes, so we shall see.

I'm approaching the end of episode 2 and so far still so good.

That said, I'm one episode in. Going to try to spread watching them out, and maybe watch the episodes a couple of times.

Biggie Spoiler! -

spoilers:
    The tattoo on the homeless guy's arm certainly was interesting.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Biggie Spoiler! -

spoilers:
    The tattoo on the homeless guy's arm certainly was interesting.
    end of spoilers
    It seems that theory: spoilers:
    gao is crane mother and has a bird form?
    end of spoilers

Maybe.

I'm fine with it just being a "Question Mark" for now.

Just starting episode three, and I'm getting a strong Trump and son vibe from Harold Meachum and his son. The son looks a lot like Trump's two eldest sons fused. And like Trump, Harold greatly favors his daughter over his son, clearly regarding her as more competent.

So I'm on episode 4, 3 was amazing by the way.

The show keeps getting better and better.

One criticism that just got written off, this idea that Danny a white guy teaches a professional woman at martial arts, how to do martial arts. Complete bullshit reading of TWO professionals comparing their COMPLETELY DIFFERENT styles of fighting.

They really did throw everything at trying to make this show look ****.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I'm half way through the first episode and I like what I see. Personally I think Iron Fist has the best opening credits then the rest of the Marvel Netflix shows so far. I loved the introduction where Danny seems like a fish out of water by looking like a roughed hippie who doesn't even have shoes. I liked how he kicked the crap out of those security guards (I mean honestly he didn't do anything wrong yet). I hate the evil son who bullied Danny through out most his life. I really started to hate him when Danny mentioned all the horrible things he treated him. I thought it was poetic justice when Danny intimidated him by threating him and then damaging his car. I also liked how Danny fought that assassin at the Chinese Ney Year event in China street. It made the show feel very cultural.

I hope the show continues to deliver. Which considering the great quality we've gotten from the rest of the Marvel show's on Netflix, I'm sure it will
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I've been thinking, with the faux outrage by critics and internet journalist at Iron Fist/Danny Rand. How would things be if another well known story a of kid named Daniel LaRusso who learned an Asian martial art, would play with today's critics? Just think about it for a moment.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-17-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    So I'm on episode 4, 3 was amazing by the way.

The show keeps getting better and better.

One criticism that just got written off, this idea that Danny a white guy teaches a professional woman at martial arts, how to do martial arts. Complete bullshit reading of TWO professionals comparing their COMPLETELY DIFFERENT styles of fighting.

They really did throw everything at trying to make this show look ****.
    Actually very relieved to hear this. Will be watching it later tonight. Pretty much wrote off that particular criticism the second I read it in one of the reviews. Can't imagine what it's like living your life looking for things to be offended by.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

If I'm ranking episode 1-3 (which is all I've seen so far) of all Season 1's

1. Luke Cage
    2. Iron Fist
    3. Daredevil
    4. Jessica Jones

Iron Fist is a good show!

So far 1-5 have been really strong episodes.

6 is actually the most disappointing due to some odd story choices and badly edited fight scenes, but still by no means bad.