Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    havent watched any yet but i said this from the start. All these shows are slow, why is that an issue now? The show has to be really bad for people to point at the pace when the others are snail speed.
    Because SJWs wanted something to bitch about

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I wish they would have him in more greens and yellows. Same as I wish cage had been in a yellow hoodie. Or at lesst a black hoodie with lots of yellow trim.
    As much as I dislike the lack of costume, it gets explained quite well why it doesn't appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because SJWs wanted something to bitch about

As much as I dislike the lack of costume, it gets explained quite well why it doesn't appear.
    The line about "don't come to the office wearing one of those?" I'm not saying put him in the gi but green and yellow shirts under his suit or colleen could have given him yellow flip flops. Hell when he was in the hospital they could have given him a green gown.

The line about "don't come to the office wearing one of those?" I'm not saying put him in the gi but green and yellow shirts under his suit or colleen could have given him yellow flip flops. Hell when he was in the hospital they could have given him a green gown.
    Watch the full season imo :P

You'll get some explanation.

There isn't much pandering to his costume like there was in Luke Cage at all. He's very much in casual wear for the full show.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Honestly, the first six episodes are better than the reviews suggested. It's not super compelling or must-watch, but it is pretty fun. Danny is maybe a bit too much of an invincible warrior, and Ward and Harold have nothing on Fisk or Cottonmouth, but it's still entertaining. Solid B from me. I like the fights, I'm okay with the slower pacing, and I like Danny and Colleen. What they could have done differently is move past the Hand (They're starting to turn into Ninja Hydra), give less screentime to Ward Bateman Trump junior, give Claire a rest (turning that woman into latina Rick Jones), and get someone to proof-read the dialogue; that part where Danny told a roomful of brown kids that they chatter like monkeys was so cringe.

Other than that, there's lots to like here. The critics were too harsh.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Honestly, the first six episodes are better than the reviews suggested. It's not super compelling or must-watch, but it is pretty fun. Danny is maybe a bit too much of an invincible warrior, and Ward and Harold have nothing on Fisk or Cottonmouth, but it's still entertaining. Solid B from me. I like the fights, I'm okay with the slower pacing, and I like Danny and Colleen. What they could have done differently is move past the Hand (They're starting to turn into Ninja Hydra), give less screentime to Ward Bateman Trump junior, give Claire a rest (turning that woman into latina Rick Jones), and get someone to proof-read the dialogue; that part where Danny told a roomful of brown kids that they chatter like monkeys was so cringe.

Other than that, there's lots to like here. The critics were too harsh.
    The hand is the villain for the defenders. And really they have only been in dare devil and this. They weren't in cage or jones.

Claire is the crossover point. They told us that from the start she is their nick fury.

The hand is the villain for the defenders. And really they have only been in dare devil and this. They weren't in cage or jones.

Claire is the crossover point. They told us that from the start she is their nick fury.
    Yeah, I don't need an explaination for why those elements are in place. I'm saying they're overdone and smack of "same 'ol, same 'ol" at this point.

The negative hype over this was overplayed. It's a B grade show that suffers mostly from not being first (Daredevil) or having a built in social message aspect. Luke Cage was my favorite Netflix show but the second half of that season was a mess. The first six of Iron Fist are more entertaining. The fight choreography is pretty weak though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The more I'm watching the more I'm not seeing how this isn't at least in the ball park as what's been done in Marvel's other series, so either reviews are falling headfirst into the seinfeld is unfunny trope(which given that Daredevil isn't even old is ridiculous) or they really are going in with the race card on their shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The more I'm watching the more I'm not seeing how this isn't at least in the ball park as what's been done in Marvel's other series, so either reviews are falling headfirst into the seinfeld is unfunny trope(which given that Daredevil isn't even old is ridiculous) or they really are going in with the race card on their shoulder.
    The 'so slow its boring!' one always gets me. Since Iron Fist has WAY better pacing than Luke Cage and they ate that shit up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Yeah, I don't need an explaination for why those elements are in place. I'm saying they're overdone and smack of "same 'ol, same 'ol" at this point.
    How are the hand overplayed when this is their second time being the main villain? Even then they only took up half of Daredevils second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How are the hand overplayed when this is their second time being the main villain? Even then they only took up half of Daredevils second season.
    The Hand has been a villain in every season of DD and now Iron Fist.

The Hand do feel oversaturated imo. They should have given all the DD S2 Hand stuff to Iron Fist, it would have made his show way way stronger.

Colleen Wing is the only interesting character in this show. Without her, I'd fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pedantry. They overstayed their welcome in Season 2 of Daredevil. Which also had a big "Ninjas and real estate" plot.

One thing I think the critics really got wrong regarding the fight scenes, is the way in which they're framed. They say they're boring, but I don't think they are: This show does a really good job of demonstrating that Danny is a superior fighter. The only time you ever see him take serious damage in these first six episodes is because he was drugged multiple times, and was restrained. When conditions are level, he bulldozes everything in front of him without even trying. I was joking in another thread that he's the netflix MCU John Cena. Compare his Hallway fight to Matt or Frank's: Those guys take dozens of hits, they're constantly spitting blood and wiping it off their noses, and they win through sheer bulldog intensity. Danny on the other hand, fucking wrecks whoever's stupid enough to take a swing at him, and doesn't break a sweat in doing it. He's definitely the top tier fighter. Probably better than MCU Cap. And when he lights up the glowfist, that's when you ring the damn bell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The Hand has been a villain in every season of DD and now Iron Fist.

The Hand do feel oversaturated imo. They should have given all the DD S2 Hand stuff to Iron Fist, it would have made his show way way stronger.
    I think at some point the story has changed, because in season one of Daredevil, the Hand and Madame Gao were two seperate factions.