Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Just watched the last episode this morning? Why was Harold Meachum even able to touch Danny. With or without the Iron Fist, Danny is a master at the martial arts. Meachum wouldn't last a second.

The other thing that bothered me is that you have Clare Temple hanging around. She knows that the Hand is behind everything, but she doesn't call Mat Murdock and/or Luke Cage (both of whom owe her big) for assistance. Why not?

EDIT: I see others have mentioned this as well. Like most of them, I wasn't hoping to see DD in Iron Fist, but you have to wonder why Clare never gave him a call.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Just watched the last episode this morning? Why was Harold Meachum even able to touch Danny. With or without the Iron Fist, Danny is a master at the martial arts. Meachum wouldn't last a second.
    Undead Hand zombie mojo?
    Meachum was significantly better and stronger than he looked, going by what he did to that poor boxing sand bag thing.

Pretty late to the party, but man do I have questions.

First off I'll say that IF wasn't terrible, but it definitely is the weakest of the big 4. It's as if DD started off with a certain amount of energy and w/e energy was left at the end of each show had to be used for the next. Therefore IF got the scraps.

It's a shame this show didn't take advantage of awesome Kung Fu choreo and pull inspiration from movies throughout the years. The fights had little impact, were filmed strangely at times, and pretty stiff. There were very few moments of fluidity. DD's fights were better and I thought this would be the series to "show them how it's done", but it failed in that regard which is very very sad. Only Davos moved with grace and authority, Colleen comes second. Seeing the Drunken guard at the door, I already knew what I was in for and was giddy for excitement, that was the first time I felt a true homage to Kung Fu movies, but then the fight happened and they both looked like awkward children.

Finn, may have a good look, but his acting was weeeaak. It also didn't help that towards the end that he became super whiny. When you're the main character and I can't buy into your actions then that is a heavy blow. There were moments of naivety and sadness I can believe, but his frustrations, anger, and stubborn butt hurt was difficult to watch. It's harsh to say, but I don't believe this guy to be our IF, and I know very little of IF. But..we're stuck with him so hopefully he gets better, and I hope his character gets happier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the comics he's a bit happier and wise-cracky, no? I like the imagery I see of him and Luke Cage in the comics. In live action I don't have confidence in the chemistry.

The ending is the biggest glaringly confusing moment for me. Davos is pulling a Mordo? He is that pissed that he wants to kill Danny? It sucks that he has lost his way, but he was always jealous. Joy, WTF?? She mentioned throughout the series how Danny was always the better man, and towards the end very annoyed that he was framed by her father..then we skip to maybe a day to a week later and she is entertaining the idea of killing him?? There was a similar family killing angle in LC. Can't say I'm much of a fan of it here. Down even the roles of the brother and sister getting reversed, just like the cousins in LC.

I think there was more confusing moments, but I have my main concerns here.

Comic book Danny Rand does not have curly hair or a beard. Finn Jones isn't even blonde. The "as long as he's white" casting choice was the first to making a lot of terrible, with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    It's a shame this show didn't take advantage of awesome Kung Fu choreo and pull inspiration from movies throughout the years. The fights had little impact, were filmed strangely at times, and pretty stiff. There were very few moments of fluidity. DD's fights were better and I thought this would be the series to "show them how it's done", but it failed in that regard which is very very sad. Only Davos moved with grace and authority, Colleen comes second. Seeing the Drunken guard at the door, I already knew what I was in for and was giddy for excitement, that was the first time I felt a true homage to Kung Fu movies, but then the fight happened and they both looked like awkward children.
    I get that they still had to make it believable enough that this is still the world of the other Netflix shows, but other than Colleen's "fight club" scenes, this didn't even live up to the ninja action in "Daredevil" (where they actually had Hand warriors in ninja outfits) When I see fight scenes in "Into the Badlands", "Sense8" or even "Agents of SHIELD" it just makes me lament how the fights in "Iron Fist" just weren't that exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that they still had to make it believable enough that this is still the world of the other Netflix shows, but other than Colleen's "fight club" scenes, this didn't even live up to the ninja action in "Daredevil" (where they actually had Hand warriors in ninja outfits) When I see fight scenes in "Into the Badlands", "Sense8" or even "Agents of SHIELD" it just makes me lament how the fights in "Iron Fist" just weren't that exciting.
    Badlands FTW!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So with the Defenders coming up I finally watched this show...ugh.

I'm not going to act like it's all bad, in fact I wouldn't even call it bad, just dull at times, insanely dull. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil (season 2, I think season 1 is damn near flawless) all had laggy or uninteresting bits but they all happened deep into the series. The absolute worst bits of Iron Fist are probably the first 4 episodes.

The Meechums are terrible, unrelatable, unlikable people (yes including Joy) and not in the compelling villain kind of way. Just in the 'oh god not another Meechum scene' and there are episodes where they seem to dominate screen time. This kills drama later in the series where I'm actually rooting for the Hand to kill them all, I'm actually mad at Danny for intervening. They're boring and unlikable but core to these episodes. They're easily the worst villains introduced so far for Netflix and might be the worse in MCU. Diamondback was at least entertaining in an over the top way.

The corporate part of Danny's life is just abysmal. I absolutely understand why they need it, but even in the comics the billionaire side of Danny is, imho, his least interesting quality. For this series to dedicate so much to it is maddening.

Again this is not to say there aren't good parts. I like Colleen Wing, Clairs is cool as always, I like the other side of the Hand, I like Davos (though I feel there's serious villain pile up in this series.) Gao is damn fine.

Danny...*sigh* I'm very meh at the portrayal. With Luke, Jessica, and Matt I thought them endearing and interesting right off the bat. My first impressions of Danny was that he was an idiot and not in the lovable way. I wanted to hit him for like three episodes. When the Hand finally shows up he comes off as better. I really hope he gets a Captain America like boost where his fist outing is meh, team outing, and then awesome second outing. Maybe I'm being too hopeful.

The fights: Just below my issues with the corporate side of Danny is how terrible the fights are as a whole. I felt (Danny vs the drunken boxer) there were some good ones. But nothing great, and that's damning in a show about one of the best fighters in the marel Universe. How can this series make fights dull?! Even Luke Cage which has curb stomp after curb stomp in fights were better than this dross.

Overall I give it a 4/10. If it wasn't for the Defenders I would have give up 3 episodes in.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    So with the Defenders coming up I finally watched this show...ugh.

I'm not going to act like it's all bad, in fact I wouldn't even call it bad, just dull at times, insanely dull. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil (season 2, I think season 1 is damn near flawless) all had laggy or uninteresting bits but they all happened deep into the series. The absolute worst bits of Iron Fist are probably the first 4 episodes.

The Meechums are terrible, unrelatable, unlikable people (yes including Joy) and not in the compelling villain kind of way. Just in the 'oh god not another Meechum scene' and there are episodes where they seem to dominate screen time. This kills drama later in the series where I'm actually rooting for the Hand to kill them all, I'm actually mad at Danny for intervening. They're boring and unlikable but core to these episodes. They're easily the worst villains introduced so far for Netflix and might be the worse in MCU. Diamondback was at least entertaining in an over the top way.

The corporate part of Danny's life is just abysmal. I absolutely understand why they need it, but even in the comics the billionaire side of Danny is, imho, his least interesting quality. For this series to dedicate so much to it is maddening.

Again this is not to say there aren't good parts. I like Colleen Wing, Clairs is cool as always, I like the other side of the Hand, I like Davos (though I feel there's serious villain pile up in this series.) Gao is damn fine.

Danny...*sigh* I'm very meh at the portrayal. With Luke, Jessica, and Matt I thought them endearing and interesting right off the bat. My first impressions of Danny was that he was an idiot and not in the lovable way. I wanted to hit him for like three episodes. When the Hand finally shows up he comes off as better. I really hope he gets a Captain America like boost where his fist outing is meh, team outing, and then awesome second outing. Maybe I'm being too hopeful.

The fights: Just below my issues with the corporate side of Danny is how terrible the fights are as a whole. I felt (Danny vs the drunken boxer) there were some good ones. But nothing great, and that's damning in a show about one of the best fighters in the marel Universe. How can this series make fights dull?! Even Luke Cage which has curb stomp after curb stomp in fights were better than this dross.

Overall I give it a 4/10. If it wasn't for the Defenders I would have give up 3 episodes in.
    Welk the quick climpse of him and Luke fighting as a team in defenders gots me optamistic. In finns defense he got like a couple of weeks to get in shape and learn to sell the fights. So thats on the show runner not finn. Now if hes bad in defenders its his fault.