Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Can someone tell iron fist abilities? At his peak does he have two iron fists or is it just one?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Can someone tell iron fist abilities? At his peak does he have two iron fists or is it just one?
    He has two, can channel it into any aspect of his body or even channel the energy externally. Iron Fist is basically a low key energy manipulator.

Long-time loiterer

Just finished watching. Really enjoyed the first half of the season, but I feel like they were off to a strong start and stumbled towards the end.
    Perhaps that's in part because of the early reviews (which were way-off) setting my expectations low, but once I got to the last few episodes, my thoughts echo a lot of what has already been said on this thread.
    Mainly though, I thought Danny learnt his lesson way too late and the final episode/showdown didnt really stand up to what went down in the penultimate episode (I thought the same about season two of Daredevil).
    Still, overall, I enjoyed it. Didn't quite stand up to the other Netflix shows in the end, but I thought the majority of the series was enjoyable watching, and it holds up better than (IMO, obviously) AoS (although I gave up on that a while ago, so it may well have picked up) and a few of the films.
    Last edited by EmrysM; 03-18-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the comics but this is the worst on-screen superhero I've ever seen. Does he do anything but perform tai chi moves and get a super charged fist once a week? With that said, I think it's more entertaining than Luke Cage.
    Thank you! Iron Fist was slow and had so much missed potential... but Luke Cage was a bigger clunker. TBH... I think the villain of Jessica Jones carried the show. I'm not sure about "The Defenders" at this point in time.

EP7-

Like i said in the other thread, the reason im watching this show now it's because of the Meachums.

And i only saw DD S1 once but i think they had more fighting in that show by this point. By Ep7 we still have no origin, we have a lot of talk about KL but nothing is shown. That's a huuuuuuge mistake.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

All finished. B- from me. It had some very cool moments, but you had to sit through a lot of 'meh' to get there.

Great stuff:

spoilers:

-The reveal that Bukato's temple was a hand recruiting center.

-That Assassin singing "Take on Me" to a roomful of dead people.

-Madame Gao in general.

-Davos

-Davos and Danny vs. the Hand

-Colleen Wing

-Zhao Cheng re-imagined as a drunken master.
    end of spoilers

The Meh:

spoilers:

-Slow Pacing

-Too many Meachums

-Too many Corporate shenanigans

-Not enough Kun'lun

-Not enough Thunderer

-Making Bride of Nine Spiders boring

-Some really poorly shot fights

-Pointless Claire participation.

-Reducing Colleen to a sad girl in love.

--Making Harold the Season 1 final boss. (Oh, he has a pistol. How exciting and novel!)
    end of spoilers

I'd watch it again if there was nothing else on, but that's not saying much. If there's a season 2, I hope they go nuts with the crazier aspects of the Iron Fist story, and quit with the boring real estate stuff.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Up to Episode 8.

spoilers:
    Is the 'Drunken Master' character something out of the modern comic books? If so, does he become more of a hero-type later on. I have my original Marvel Premiere Iron Fist comics, and the later series. I don't remember this fellow.
    end of spoilers

I may stop here so as not to take it all in too quickly. Sometimes it feels like you rushed a good thing when over-binging. At least for me it has that feel.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Up to Episode 8.

spoilers:
    Is the 'Drunken Master' character something out of the modern comic books? If so, does he become more of a hero-type later on. I have my original Marvel Premiere Iron Fist comics, and the later series. I don't remember this fellow.
    end of spoilers

I may stop here so as not to take it all in too quickly. Sometimes it feels like you rushed a good thing when over-binging. At least for me it has that feel.
    spoilers:

In the comics, Zhao doesn't work for the Hand, and he isn't a drunken stylist. He's an 'implacable man' type (who's also a freaky demi-human) who can kill an Iron Fist like you can step on an ant.
    end of spoilers
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    spoilers:

In the comics, Zhao doesn't work for the Hand, and he isn't a drunken stylist. He's an 'implacable man' type (who's also a freaky demi-human) who can kill an Iron Fist like you can step on an ant.
    end of spoilers

Wow! And I posted a few minutes too soon before the end of the episode. Though I have to be honest, I was waiting for that tie-in to come up.

spoilers:
    She murdered his parents!
    end of spoilers

All I want now is a Meachums Show recorded in front of a live audience.

Fantastic Member

This show was good, an consistent. No stand out episode or fight scene like how daredevil had the hallway scene or the staircase.

The faults lay in the comicbook aspects, Danny should have been the one hero who came dressed in his suit, that might have helped with the fight scenes. It never felt like Finn did any of real move which took me out of it sometimes.

I don't mind the hand being the big bad through different shows, it's just they need bigger threats inside there organisations to confront the hero's.

Either way, this was better then luke cage and didn't live off the villain of like Jessica Jones. It's no surprise that Daredevil is the most successful of the lot as it embraces the comic book aspects perfectly

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    He has two, can channel it into any aspect of his body or even channel the energy externally. Iron Fist is basically a low key energy manipulator.
    spoilers:
    Basically, Danny should be fighting like the Iron Fist we see in the Bakuto's video from 1948. But what we get instead is... Eh...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    spoilers:
    Basically, Danny should be fighting like the Iron Fist we see in the Bakuto's video from 1948. But what we get instead is... Eh...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's because he left like a week after getting the Iron Fist and never completed his training, so he's a total n00b and truly the worst iron fist in the lineage
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    spoilers:
    That's because he left like a week after getting the Iron Fist and never completed his training, so he's a total n00b and truly the worst iron fist in the lineage
    end of spoilers
    I think that was my problem with the series. While I liked it, it felt like an "Act 2" throughout the season. Really, the season would have worked better if they took a "Captain America: The First Avenger" approach and used this season to tell his story in K'un-Lun and using the Defenders to flesh out his purpose with the Hand.

spoilers:
    I was really hoping we would get a ROTJ moment with The Defenders after Danny completes his training, but with K'un-Lun gone, doubt we'll actually get that now and instead more of the same half-cocked, brooding Iron Fist.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    I think that was my problem with the series. While I liked it, it felt like an "Act 2" throughout the season. Really, the season would have worked better if they took a "Captain America: The First Avenger" approach and used this season to tell his story in K'un-Lun and using the Defenders to flesh out his purpose with the Hand.

spoilers:
    I was really hoping we would get a ROTJ moment with The Defenders after Danny completes his training, but with K'un-Lun gone, doubt we'll actually get that now and instead more of the same half-cocked, brooding Iron Fist.
    end of spoilers
    I was really disappointed there wasn't much K'un L'un flashbacks but I guess it's a budget issue? I mean the way they handled the 'dragon' and stuff clearly shows us they can't afford K'un L'un at the moment. Hopefully they get a bigger budget for season 2 because you really can't do an Iron Fist series without K'un L'un.

spoilers:
    I think they said the defenders takes place 3 months post-iron fist so I wouldn't expect him to have learned anything significant about his powers in that time
    end of spoilers

At this stage I am hoping a former iron fist comes back and trains him into shape especially if they're going to wimp out and not do K'un L'un to complete his training.