View Poll Results: What is you're favorite Season?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daredevil

22 36.67%
  • Daredevil season 2

16 26.67%
  • Jessica Jones

15 25.00%
  • Iron Fist

7 11.67%
  • Luke Cage

11 18.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm surprised that Jessica Jones is leading the poll. I thought for sure that it would be Daredevil S1.

My rankings:

1. Luke Cage- My favorite of the MCU Netflix shows. It's the most cinematic of the ensemble of shows, with a great use of music and I really appreciated how they took the lore of the comics and made it relevant for the modern day without betraying its comic book roots. I also think that it's the most well acted show of the bunch.
    2. Daredevil S2- I felt that this was an improvement on Season 1 because it was more episodic. Instead of one season long arc dealing with Matt Murdock taking on the Kingpin, we have him tussling with The Punisher(Brilliant turn by Jon Bernthal), Elektra, The Hand, and the complications in his own personal life. I loved it.
    3. Daredevil S1- What a fantastic kickoff to the Netflix Defenders series. For one thing, Vincent D'Onofrio is brilliant in this. Besides RDJ, he might possibly have given the best performance in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, as fantastic as his acting was, the writing and back story behind his character and the other criminals I felt was really cliched. Maybe I'm just spoiled from Breaking Bad, The Wire, and The Sopranos, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit more originality from the crime part of this show. Everything having to do with Daredevil, Foggy, Karen, Claire Temple, etc, is all superlative.
    4. Jessica Jones- The premise for this show is absolutely brilliant, but the execution I felt was a little bit off. Too dragged out, weak writing in places, and Kilgrave was merely creepy when imo, he should have been absolutely terrifying. Still, it's worth watching just for the premise alone.

Haven't seen Iron Fist yet, and I'm not sure if I want to, given what I've heard.

DD season 2 is weird because its best parts are the best of any netflix show imo. But its weak parts are of the worst. I think punisher and King pin elevated what coulda been bad with great perfromances.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-18-2017 at 06:53 PM.

I voted Jessica Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    if it doesn't pull anything like what LC did (ditching Cottonmouth for the awful, awful Diamondback).
    whats worng with Diamondback? sure hes a bit over the top the hammer armor is not so good looking and Cottonmouth was the better villain but he had more time on the show. other then that i dont see him as being awful.

Ultimate Member

Diamondback didn't work at all for me. He was a terrible villain all around. If Mariah and Shades had become the main villains post-Cottonmouth, then it'd have worked much better imo, and fit in with the show's tone and themes more naturally as well.

Anyway, I vote for Jessica Jones. It was brilliant, and the deepest/most interesting of these shows imo. Plus the performances by most of the major cast elevated it as well. And out of the four main leads (Jessica, Luke, Matt, Danny), Jessica is the one that I latched onto the most and found the most interesting.

2. Daredevil Season 1-It's really darn good overall.

3. Luke Cage-I had a great first half, a decent middle part, but a not so great final third. Also I wasn't fond of the ending either. And the villains weren't as good as in JJ and DD S1.

4. Daredevil Season 2-I has a great first third with The Punisher (who's brilliant). But once the Hand and Elektra showed up, it went downhill. The Hand were so dull and uninteresting as villains and I wasn't fond of what they did with Elektra's character either (although I did like Elodie Yung's performance).

I haven't finished Iron Fist yet, but I haven't been all that impressed overall so far.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 03-18-2017 at 10:46 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Cage, DD1, DD2, JJ, IF, in that order. They're all too long, though. I'm glad Defenders is only eight episodes. Should have much better pacing.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

DD Season 2, Daredevil, and the rest are about even

DD2
    Cage
    Iron Fist
    Jessica Jones
    DD1

This list might lead you to think I didn't like DD1 but I loved it. Every one of these shows has been compelling and difficult to rank. My list is based on how well conceived each series was, and whether the aims of the show runner were met in the telling of the stories. I probably have a disproportionate love for DD2 because I am in awe of how well it was crafted and written. For me that is the pinnacle of Superhero TV.

The problem with ranking them is for every criteria I would change the order. For sheer visceral compelling watching Jessica Jones comes first. For just fun superheroic antics DD1 might be top. For social relevance Cage would be hard to overlook, for ensemble acting I would have to pick Iron Fist.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-19-2017 at 04:46 AM.

If i was more specific...

1. Dd S2 punisher stuff
    2. Luke cage focused stuff on luke cage
    3. DD s1 daredevil/murdock stuff
    4. JJ/killgrave stuff
    5. DD2 Hand stuff
    6. Jj/cage subplot
    7. Misty knight crap
    8. Karen, foggy, ben horribly boring stuff in dd s1
    9. All other JJ stuff like trish, nuke, twin, and all the other stupid crap i could barely sit through

IF stuff is coming in around 6 7 atm for me
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Stranger Things.

Niffleheim

Daredevil season 1 still is on top even though i didn't finish watching LC and i'm not even going to watch IF. I'm still going to continue watching DD but only if the 3rd season has nothing like a Punisher like character as a central character. JJ was good but due to Kilgrave
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Stranger Things.
    That's cheating. But I have to agree.

For me it goes:

#1 Jessica Jones
    –favorite things: the relationship between Jessica and Trish, the villainy of Killgrave, Jessica's struggles with coping after such traumatic experiences, lots of genuinely shocking moments
    –least favorite things: the ridiculousness of spoilers:
    the young, blonde girl's death mid-season
    end of spoilers, Nuke, sometimes Jessica's upstairs neighbors

#2 Daredevil, Season 1
    –favorite things: Matt's transformation into Daredevil, that long famous battle shot, Kingpin as a character, Vanessa, Karen's encounter with Wesley and the aftermath
    –least favorite things: Stick, Foggy, the fact that the blonde would ever be into Foggy

#3 Luke Cage
    –favorite things: Mariah Dillard was my absolute favorite, Luke being a genuine hero, more Turk, Shades, Claire's relationship with Luke, the "I did not want it!" scene, lots of strong and diverse women of color
    –least favorite things: Dragged in more places than the first two choices, Diamondback was hokey and over the top

#4 Daredevil, Season 2
    –favorite things: Loved the Elektra bits, loved seeing flashbacks of Matt, fantastic action sequences, possible spoilers:
    Typhoid Mary at the end?
    end of spoilers
    –least favorite things: More Stick, more Foggy, more of that blonde who is into Foggy, slow last few episodes IMO (took me forever to finish the season), too much Punisher

#5 Iron Fist
    –favorite things: Finn Jones is nice to look at, more Jeri Hogarth... wow there has to be more that I like but I'm struggling to think of anything
    –least favorite things: Finn Jones's acting, the choreography, seems to have a lower budget than the others, very slow start, very formulaic and predictable, Danny being completely incompetent at letting people know he's actually Danny (or just being completely incompetent in general), Colleen's kinda meh

Though I'm only halfway through Iron Fist... I don't see it rising above 5th place.

I mean, I guess if I ranked them....

Daredevil 1
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil 2

I haven't finished or gotten nearly far enough into Iron Fist to rank it.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Best, The Meachums. The best villains so far.

Wost, Luke Cage. 100% the opposite of the character of the comics.