View Poll Results: What is you're favorite Season?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daredevil

22 36.67%
  • Daredevil season 2

16 26.67%
  • Jessica Jones

15 25.00%
  • Iron Fist

7 11.67%
  • Luke Cage

11 18.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    DD season 2 is weird because its best parts are the best of any netflix show imo. But its weak parts are of the worst. I think punisher and King pin elevated what coulda been bad with great perfromances.
    Well Punisher was a revelation clearly. I mean so good he flat out demanded an expanded role in this universe or a spinoff show. And Kingpin has been excellent since the very beginning.

DD Season 1
    DD Season 2 (First half)

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    whats worng with Diamondback? sure hes a bit over the top the hammer armor is not so good looking and Cottonmouth was the better villain but he had more time on the show. other then that i dont see him as being awful.
    Speaking for myself, it was pretty boring that Luke Cage went up against a villain with the same powers. In fairness, that's a flaw with a lot of Marvel movies, but both Daredevil seasons and Jessica Jones, and even Cottonmouth himself, faced excellent villains who weren't duplicates of the heroes, and thus could hit them back in ways they couldn't expect. Like, I get the hokey "he was my brother all along" angle and the sinister but arrogant villain vibe because of 70s Blaxploitation movies, but it was more of a forced schtick than actual character points. In a way, I was relieved when Mariah and Shades turned out to survive the season, as they were much more effective villains. With that said...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Anyway, I vote for Jessica Jones. It was brilliant, and the deepest/most interesting of these shows imo. Plus the performances by most of the major cast elevated it as well. And out of the four main leads (Jessica, Luke, Matt, Danny), Jessica is the one that I latched onto the most and found the most interesting.

2. Daredevil Season 1-It's really darn good overall.

3. Luke Cage-I had a great first half, a decent middle part, but a not so great final third. Also I wasn't fond of the ending either. And the villains weren't as good as in JJ and DD S1.

4. Daredevil Season 2-I has a great first third with The Punisher (who's brilliant). But once the Hand and Elektra showed up, it went downhill. The Hand were so dull and uninteresting as villains and I wasn't fond of what they did with Elektra's character either (although I did like Elodie Yung's performance).

I haven't finished Iron Fist yet, but I haven't been all that impressed overall so far.
    Agree 100% of the ranking and most of the reasons here. I'm also eagerly waiting for the Punisher series.

Extraordinary Member

1.) dds1 (superhero crime drama better than Nolan's Batman trilogy, imho)
    2.) dds2 (the only reason it doesn't tie s1 is because I just find courtroom drama incredibly dull. Loved everything else, though. Frank, but especially Elektra & The Hand), lc (also could've been higher but trading Cottonmouth for DB was a monumental mistake), & jj (probably the gutsiest of the bunch. Has the second best villain after Fisk, but drug somewhere around the middle)
    3.) if (there was nothing in the concept that indicated that the show would've been as big of a disappointment as it was)
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    whats worng with Diamondback? sure hes a bit over the top the hammer armor is not so good looking and Cottonmouth was the better villain but he had more time on the show. other then that i dont see him as being awful.
    Diamondback was a thug with severe mental issues who was supposed to be behind everything that went wrong for Luke. He didn't mesh with what the show had been like up to when he took over from Cottonmouth.

Luke Cage vs bad people deeply ingrained in and respected by the community they exploited, that was interesting. It was the part universally praised by critics, who probably didn't see the Diamondback as main villain part before writing their reviews.

Luke Cage hunted by a freak, not interesting at all. Uninspired, cringe-worthy stuff. I wouldn't have watched more than a few episodes if that was how the show had started out. As it is, I finished watching it because I'd become invested and carried some hope it would improve. It didn't.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

DD Season 2 is my favorite so far. It had everything--great story, fantastic actors, amazing characters (DD, Punisher, Elektra) and super cool fight scenes.

The rest:

DD Season 1
    Iron Fist
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    DD season 2
    wore costume costume check, great Punisher check, crazy killer Elektra check, building up the Hand check.
    Yep. It was everything you could ask for and more. The only thing missing was Bullseye, but I'm glad they didn't include him yet. Hopefully, he'll be in season 3.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    JJ was so good, it beats out DD 1. Worst was DD 2.

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    I'm surprised that Jessica Jones is leading the poll. I thought for sure that it would be Daredevil S1.
    I'm surprised too. I didn't think it was even the second or third best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Stranger Things.
    Yeah, that was an awesome show too.

Luke Cage. I hope that the next season can top it. more action, more character moments, more mysteries.