Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who Does Batman Trust the Most

This was a conversation topic that got started in the Damian Wayne appreciation thread, and I thought it'd be fun to make a thread on the topic.

Basically, the idea is to rank, based off interpretations, events which have occurred, and statements from the characters, who Bruce Wayne trusts within the Bat Family from most to least.

Alfred is obviously far and away at number 1 so we don't need to include him. And Gordon isn't technically part of the Family, so he doesn't need to be on the list either. Also, if you feel the order is different between Pre and Post Flashpoint, make two lists.

To get things started, here are mine:

Pre-Flashpoint: Dick=Cass=Babs>Tim>>>Damian>Steph>Jean-Paul (At the time of his death)>>>>>>Jason

Post-Flashpoint: Dick>Tim=Damian>Kate>Cass>Jason>Babs>Duke>Batwing> Jean-Paul>>>>>Steph (Simply because she's actively working against him.)

I'd say (as of right now in continuity):

Dick>Selina>Damian>Tim>Kate>Duke>Cass>Luke>Jason>S teph>Babs>Jean-Paul

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say (as of right now in continuity):

Dick>Selina>Damian>Tim>Kate>Duke>Cass>Luke>Jason>S teph>Babs>Jean-Paul
    I see where you're coming from on most of that, just two things I'm curious about.

1. What makes you think he trusts Selina more than any of the others besides Dick? I've heard she's featured heavily in Batman right now, but do they really seem that close?
    2. Steph is one of my favorites, but why do you think he trusts her more than Babs and Jean-Paul? She's the one actively working to "spoil" his plans at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I see where you're coming from on most of that, just two things I'm curious about.

1. What makes you think he trusts Selina more than any of the others besides Dick? I've heard she's featured heavily in Batman right now, but do they really seem that close?
    2. Steph is one of my favorites, but why do you think he trusts her more than Babs and Jean-Paul? She's the one actively working to "spoil" his plans at the moment.
    1. Yes. She knows his identity, has become his confidante, and he's relied on her to help him fight Bane. That's more then he did for the Robins.

2. He trusted Steph enough to leave her on her own and believe she'll come around or prove herself, which shows some degree of trust. Way more then he gave Post-Crisis Steph back in the day.

We barely see him interact with Babs and Jean-Paul these days so that's why they're so low on that list. Though he did just take Babs' word on Huntress.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    1. Yes. She knows his identity, has become his confidante, and he's relied on her to help him fight Bane. That's more then he did for the Robins.

2. He trusted Steph enough to leave her on her own and believe she'll come around or prove herself, which shows some degree of trust. Way more then he gave Post-Crisis Steph back in the day.

We barely see him interact with Babs and Jean-Paul these days so that's why they're so low on that list. Though he did just take Babs' word on Huntress.
    Fair points all around.

And yeah, up until Steph was Batgirl, she'd probably WAY, WAY lower than literally everyone else. Even Ace.

Alfred
    Dick
    everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred
    Dick
    everyone else.
    You put a lot of thought into this I see.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Alfred........

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Himself.
    Alfred
    Superman
    Dick
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You put a lot of thought into this I see.
    Doesn't really require much thought. Non of the others can really compare to what we have seen Batman entrust those two with.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. does Steph actually know his secret identity at the moment?

For the question

Pre-Flashpoint: Dick>Babs>Tim>Cass>Jean-Paul>Helena>Steph (Jason wasn't part of the family, and he and Damian hardly interacted after Damian became Robin)

Pre-Flashpoint: Dick> Babs=Tim=Jason>Kate=Luke>Damian>Duke>Cass=Jean-Paul=Steph

Alfred>Dick=Kal-El>>Tim>Kate=Selina=Babs>Damian=Jason=Cass>Luke>St eph=Duke=Harper=Jean Paul

Post flash-point of course.
    Last edited by KrustyKid; 03-18-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred
    Dick
    everyone else.
    I agree. I mean sure Bruce would also place his trust on other members of the family depending on the situation and story but these two are always at top of the list.

Empty is thy hand!

If we're talking Snyder's Batman, then the answer is probably Duke.

I'd probably go:

Himself>Alfred>Dick>Superman>Jim>Tim>Selina>Damian >Kate>Babs>Jason out of the bigger characters.