Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All New Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    All New X-Men literally had the original 5
    Point.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member

Dear God, please let it be Eli somehow! If it's an rights issue, use some of that Star Wars money and cut the man a check!

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    They wouldn't do that because they would get backlash plus nobody watches the show lol
    Didn't stop them from basically turning Quake into her TV show counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Didn't stop them from basically turning Quake into her TV show counterpart.
    they had to do that to differentiate her from Maria Hill.

so how did the goblin glider get adapted?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Honestly, it looks more like a bird, probably an eagle, than a bat, which was the template for the classic goblin glider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    could be stolen from H.A.M.M.E.R. they were mass produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    What about this makes you think it's a new character. I feel like Nick Spencer's involvement means it might actually be Rage in a new identity. Which is both good and bad imo. Was hoping Eli would join Bucky as a partner at some point.
    By new I meant not Eli
    We need better comics

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    could be stolen from H.A.M.M.E.R. they were mass produced.
    That's a good point, too, and at the end of the New Dark Avengers storyline, H.A.M.M.E.R. was absorbed into HYDRA, so that could easily be where this guy gets it if he's retrofitting HYDRA gear to use against them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good point, too, and at the end of the New Dark Avengers storyline, H.A.M.M.E.R. was absorbed into HYDRA, so that could easily be where this guy gets it if he's retrofitting HYDRA gear to use against them.
    seems only fair IF they intended those Hydra uniforms to look like bootleg Night Thrasher armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they had to do that to differentiate her from Maria Hill.
    Yeah - I could never tell the two apart when they were both sporting SHIELD uniforms and identical black pixie haircuts. Now that Quake has longer brown hair like on TV, it's easy to differentiate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hadn't heard of this before, but that sounds like a real shame. It's a shame that Eli is regulated to character limbo, when even Cassie Lang came back from the dead.
    It doesn't make any sense to me. It's a work for hire world at Marvel. Why would they have made a special deal for Isaiah Bradley? And even if they did, I'm not sure that would automatically have any effect on the rights to other characters that Marvel created even if they are "related" to Isaiah Bradley. But they could have made a special deal; I'm just not sure why.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It doesn't make any sense to me. It's a work for hire world at Marvel. Why would they have made a special deal for Isaiah Bradley? And even if they did, I'm not sure that would automatically have any effect on the rights to other characters that Marvel created even if they are "related" to Isaiah Bradley. But they could have made a special deal; I'm just not sure why.

Sandy Hausler
    the creation of the character was pretty controversial (as controversial as making Steve Hydra). I could imagine the creator(s) mistaking the high profile coverage of the Truth series for popularity and trying to profit off of it. but I'm not sure that it's helpful to speculate. I've always thought that Josiah had more potential than Eli and Isaiah.