Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Post Uncanny Psylocke?

Anyone know what's going to happen with Psylocke now that Uncanny has ended?
    mycomix.online is a user generated database
    Catalogue your comic book collection quickly and easily
    Submit comic books to the database and help grow the catalogue

She will be in Astonishing....

Last edited by Psy; 03-18-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Cheers! Just checked out an article about the new series, looks like it's going to be the best of the new X titles
    mycomix.online is a user generated database
    Catalogue your comic book collection quickly and easily
    Submit comic books to the database and help grow the catalogue

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mycomix.online View Post
    Cheers! Just checked out an article about the new series, looks like it's going to be the best of the new X titles
    Yeah. But don't get too attached, Soule has said that this isn't a roster but more of a "cast". So this isn't a team as a whole, at the moment just characters to appear in the book.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Psylocke's sword looks like a regular sword.

What are Psylocke's current powers? Does she still have psionic knives or katana?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Psylocke's sword looks like a regular sword.

What are Psylocke's current powers? Does she still have psionic knives or katana?
    She has TP and TK. She makes a TP knife and TK katana occasionally. She usually always has a real sword or two. She has made a few other weapons too but normally she uses a real sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mycomix.online View Post
    Anyone know what's going to happen with Psylocke now that Uncanny has ended?
    After what she did..she might have to fight Rogue in Astonishing.

Ultimate Member

Unless the writer doesn't have Rogue as obsessed with Magneto as you are, and he's her ex not her current boyfriend remember...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    She has TP and TK. She makes a TP knife and TK katana occasionally. She usually always has a real sword or two. She has made a few other weapons too but normally she uses a real sword.
    I enjoyed the varied western tk weaponry Wood had her manifesting and experimenting with, not just blades but also things like a crossbow or a ball and chain. I wish she'd go back to that and drop the real katana.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I enjoyed the varied western tk weaponry Wood had her manifesting and experimenting with, not just blades but also things like a crossbow or a ball and chain. I wish she'd go back to that and drop the real katana.
    Agreed.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

God,no;that weaponry thing felt like a ludicrous idea to draw a wider gap between Psylocke and other big telepathic names.But I couldn't have expected any less from the likes of Brian Wood.

Keep the knife,a real katana and a small amount of telekinesis,then focus on more character development.Hopefully,Soule will bring back her more positive outlook,X-Men '92 made me miss the eloquent,yet saucy English snob Betsy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Unless the writer doesn't have Rogue as obsessed with Magneto as you are, and he's her ex not her current boyfriend remember...
    Rogue isn't obsessed with Magneto..they were connected before u ever marked out for the Rogue/Gambit connection.

Boyfriend? Who cares about that. Magneto saved Rogue would no else could...repaired her powers too. They have been connected in ways beyond hero/villainy for decades now. In like 3 different realities..lol.

BANNED

No way, the tk weaponry was great. It felt like a completely natural way for "action junkie" Psylocke to experiment with and develop her telekinesis. I also appreciated that she was researching and using mediveal weaponry which was a nice nod to her complicated origins. Much preferable to lugging around a real katana like some tired 90s joke, which is as dated as the thongkini. It was less about uniqueness (Aaron regularly had Rachel and Quentin manifesting psychic weaponry in his sister book anyway) and more abput a powerset application that made total sense for Betsy.

Wood had a LOT of problems with his run but I thought this subplot for Betsy was one if the rare bright sots.

Ultimate Member

And one of them if memory serves was a fully adult Magneto hitting on an underage Rogue...but you're okay with that but vilify Xavier for just having thoughts about Jean...Magneto did far worse in that respect in AoA than Xavier ever did in 616...my point was that there wouldn't be a reason for Rogue to get all angry at Betsy for what she did, at least angry enough to fight...

BANNED

When did Magneto hit on an underage Rogue? I'll leave this forum forever if Lobdell, Nicieza, or Said wrote that. Because in X Men Chronicles # 2..clearly it was Rogue coming on to Magneto and kissing him after he figured out how to have her touch physically and then Gambit got jealous and Rogue turned on him instantly. Lol. Pure comedy really. Gambit couldn't handle it and left like the coward he usually is..running when things get hard. His MO.