Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What DC TEAM'S would you like to see be ''REBIRTH''

DC has lots of team books and heroes who are in limbo and I was wandering beside the JUSTICE SOCIETY and the LEGION OF SUPER HEROES who else would you like to see make a come back.here's a list of just of them.

ALL STAR SQUADRON
    EXTREME JUSTICE
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    GEN 13
    INFINITY INC
    NEW GODS
    NEW GUARDIANS
    THE OUTSIDERS
    THE POWER CO.
    PRIMAL FORCE
    TEAM TITANS
    YOUNG JUSTICE

I personally would like a new EXTREME JUSTICE.GEN 13.INFINITY INC.THE OUTSIDERS.THE POWER CO.and of course YOUNG JUSTICE.

BANNED

Of those? The only one I have a strong connection to is Young Justice, but new Outsiders and New Gods books would be pretty cool.

Outside of those, I'd also like to see the return of Team Thirteen and The Conglomerate.

Why the Hell would you want Extreme Justice back? XD It's possibly the worst JL book DC has ever put out.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

A New Gods title would be great. I'd be all over that. It would be better suited as a mini rather than an ongoing though.

If DC approached the concept in a similar way that they overhauled Omega Men a couple of years ago (the crown jewels of the DC You era) then it could be a winner.

It'd be cool to see the Freedom Fighters again, or at least re-establish their having existed at some point .

Young Justice is probably in the cards.

I hope we get something big with the New Gods soon.

The Outsiders would be nice to see again, especially since a lot of those characters are in limbo (or don't exist) outside Katana.

I'd also like to see the Justice League International revived in some form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be cool to see the Freedom Fighters again, or at least re-establish their having existed at some point .

Young Justice is probably in the cards.

I hope we get something big with the New Gods soon.

The Outsiders would be nice to see again, especially since a lot of those characters are in limbo (or don't exist) outside Katana.

I'd also like to see the Justice League International revived in some form.
    Justice League International: Better than every other JL book. Ever.

Part of the reason the New52 version flopped IMO, aside from obvious things like it being an early New52 title, and the out of place tone for a JLI book, was that it was missing some very important people.

No matter who came and went, for the majority of Giffen's run (Which is what people refer to when they talk about the greatness of the JLI days), six members were constants. Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Fire, and Ice, who were all in the New52 book...but also Ted Kord and Martian Manhunter. While it would have been different, I would have been okay with Jaime being on the team, and acknowledging Booster's history with Ted. But there's not getting around J'onn. While Booster has proven himself as a leader time and time again, the group of goofballs still needs their dad.

Get these 6 together, throw in a Rocket Red and Mister Miracle, put Giffen and DeMatias on the book (So excited they're gonna be writing Blue Beetle together), and you'll have an instant modern classic.

Incredible Member

The Outsiders with Red Hood (Jason Todd) as the Leader

Justice League International with Superman as The Leader

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    The Outsiders with Red Hood (Jason Todd) as the Leader

1. Jason has the Outlaws. Even if that book gets cancelled, they're not gonna put Jason as the lead of another book immediately after that happens.

2. Oh lord no! Superman is great, obviously, but JLI is all about B and C list heroes getting into hi jinks. Superman wasn't even a part of the Giffen/DeMatias team.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post

I can't really see Superman striding through a group of bickering super-heroes and telling Guy Gardner to 'SIT DOWN!' with quite the same panache as Bats did in that first ever issue.

What made JLI unique was that, Batman aside, the creators of the title couldn't use many of the classic JL members due to politics at DC at the time. JLI was made up of lesser known properties because of that. Putting Superman in charge would kind of spoil that concept in a way.

Outsiders (lead by Katana).
    Young Justice (rebirthing the YJ4 + Ms. Martian, Aqualad etc).
    Global Guardians (more similar to Rucka's Checkmate in tone than JLI).

My idea for the...

New Guardians (or Omega Men/Omega Force)
    Firestorm, Maxima, Mister Miracle, Adam Strange, Warhawk (previously Hawkman, see note below), Starfire, Tigorr, Dr. Light, Arkkis Chummuck and Harbinger.

Note: That's Thanagarian Katar Hol Hawkman, but he would go by 'Warhawk' so he and the Carter Hall JSA Hawkman could co-exist.
    It's a space-faring group, so the similarities between it and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy may cause it to have to take the name Omega Men or Omega Force to avoid any problems.
    They would work alongside the Green Lantern Corps as sort of a Cosmic Justice League. If Earth can have a zillion heroes and multiple teams, then surely the other planets could use some expansion. Imagine what evils have been happening unchecked on Rann, Thanagar, Tamaran and the other planets while countless villains have been apprehended just on Earth.
    And it would explore the other worlds of the present day DCU and re-establish the Darkstars as a rival to the Corps.
    I went with Arkkis Chummuck as the resident Green Lantern because he's pre-established and has a great visual (I've always liked him). And using one of the more alien GLs works best with the team's concept and allows for more character development.
    Other possible members: Captain Comet, Starman, Lady Quark, Big Barda, Alanna and Hawkwoman (Shayera, with the JSA version being Hawkgirl).
    The base of operations would be the old Monitor satellite or a rebuilt JLA satellite that can move (very slowly) or teleport vast distances if needed.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-19-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

penetrator of things

shadowpact
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

And my idea for...

Shadowpact
    Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Nightshade, Etrigan, Raven, Baron Winters, John Constantine and Zatanna.

Note: I considered both Dr. Mist and Bloodwynd but couldn't find good images of them. So consider them as reserve members.

And although the line-up is quite similar to Justice League Dark (with the additions of MVPs Dr. Fate and Raven), it would have absolutely, positively NO connection to the Justice League.
    The team would act more as a mystical Illuminati, meet secretly and fight foes that go unseen by regular heroes.
    The book, itself, would read and feel more like an early Vertigo title than any mainstream superhero comic.
    And as it's more of a 'secret society' than an outright team, the members could still be in other more traditional superhero groups (to help maintsin the illusion that Shadowpact doesn't exist). And aside from the core eight pictured above, it would have others who appear irregularly as members.
    The base of operations would either be Fate's Tower, accessed through Baron Winters' manor.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-19-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And my idea for...

Shadowpact
    Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Nightshade, Etrigan, Raven, Baron Winters, John Constantine and Zatanna.

Note: I considered both Dr. Mist and Bloodwynd but couldn't find good images of them. So consider them as reserve members.
    I'd read that book just for Zatanna and Etrigan.

Astonishing Member

Legion of Superheroes
    Legion Lost
    JSA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Legion of Superheroes
    Legion Lost
    JSA
    Legion and JSA are both basically confirmed. There really isn't a need for another Legion Lost though. The original was a perfect classic, and the new 52 just tried to capitalize off its name with a crappy book.