Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I see where you're coming from on all of that. You done good!

Also, I know less about him then I should, and if you're putting him on the same level and Ted and Michael, I need to learn more about Blue Devil. And reading recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I see where you're coming from on all of that. You done good!

Also, I know less about him then I should, and if you're putting him on the same level and Ted and Michael, I need to learn more about Blue Devil. And reading recommendations?
    Blue Devil was created around the same time as Booster Gold (well about two years prior to Booster) and had that 1980s 'New DC' feel and was one of the last great fun titles. He was cut from almost the same cloth as Booster and DC's revival of Blue Beetle (and all of them borrowed a bit from Firestorm at the time, who was DC's most recent rising star).
    Also... original artist Paris Cullins would go on to be the original artist on Blue Beetle.
    (See house ad below.)

You want to stick with the original series by Gary Cohn and Dan Mishkin that ran from 1984 to 1986.
    My favorite issue of Blue Devil was the Annual, also known as the 'Summer Fun Special'.
    It guest-starred a large group of DC's mystic or 'mysterious' characters and was a hoot!
    I'd say that if anything was JLI before JLI, it was Blue Devil.

Zatanna and Etrigan also had guest-starring roles during the series.

And thanks for your comments about the Global Guardians/JLI team. :-)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I would gladly pay to see Fire, Ice, Vixen, Crimson Fox and Power Girl go out for a 'Ladies Night' in their secret identities. I think that would make for a fun story to read.

And a bonus pic.
    Here's the full promo poster DC put out for Blue Devil.

Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-20-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Double post.

If I come up with something else, I'll just insert it here.

Edit.

Here's something you might find interesting.
    It's a write-up about the Blue Beetle series that also talks about Blue Devil, Booster Gold and the end of the Bronze Age. Particularly in how those books came to have a similar feel to them.

Matter of fact...
    After reading that and reflecting back on the comics of the time, I wouldn't be surprised that if the Dark Age of Comics hadn't been ushered in with Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen, we'd likely have gotten a Cyborg ongoing series in the same vein as Firestorm, Beetle, Booster and Devil.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-20-2017 at 02:29 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd like to see an updated Justice League Detroit ... J'onn, Vixen, Gypsy, Vibe ... and John Henry Irons as Steel.

Perhaps not an ongoing book, but be fun to see them, even on one special JL mission.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Double post.

If I come up with something else, I'll just insert it here.
    Thanks man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I'd like to see an updated Justice League Detroit ... J'onn, Vixen, Gypsy, Vibe ... and John Henry Irons as Steel.

Perhaps not an ongoing book, but be fun to see them, even on one special JL mission.
    I like Steel, but he's not JLD. Aquaman and Ralph Dibney are JLD.

I agree it'd be fun to see the group again. The Convergence book was a lot of fun.

Maybe we can get Cynthia another codename while we're at it

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And my idea for...

Shadowpact
    Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Nightshade, Etrigan, Raven, Baron Winters, John Constantine and Zatanna.

Note: I considered both Dr. Mist and Bloodwynd but couldn't find good images of them. So consider them as reserve members.

And although the line-up is quite similar to Justice League Dark (with the additions of MVPs Dr. Fate and Raven), it would have absolutely, positively NO connection to the Justice League.
    The team would act more as a mystical Illuminati, meet secretly and fight foes that go unseen by regular heroes.
    The book, itself, would read and feel more like an early Vertigo title than any mainstream superhero comic.
    And as it's more of a 'secret society' than an outright team, the members could still be in other more traditional superhero groups (to help maintsin the illusion that Shadowpact doesn't exist). And aside from the core eight pictured above, it would have others who appear irregularly as members.
    The base of operations would either be Fate's Tower, accessed through Baron Winters' manor.
    I like it; I'll buy it

Now I will attempt to do a Justice League Dark team (I also would like to see it Rebirth), and to make it extra challenging (well, to me, anyway), I will attempt not to use any of the characters pictured.

Justice League Dark:

Andrew Bennett
    Black Orchid (either the original or Neil Gaiman's Suzie)
    Amethyst
    Zauriel
    Kid Eternity
    Ragman
    Mary Marvel
    Secret

Thank you for your time and patience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Justice League Dark:

Andrew Bennett
    Black Orchid (either the original or Neil Gaiman's Suzie)
    Amethyst
    Zauriel
    Kid Eternity
    Ragman
    Mary Marvel
    Secret

Thank you for your time and patience.
    Mary Marvel, Zauriel, and Amethyst would all be really cool to see, though Osiris may be a better fit than Mary for a Dark team.

Most of the others I'm not too familiar with, save for Secret who I love. However, Secret's story was told, and I think it'd be a disservice to Greta to make her Secret again.

The Freedom Fighters. What ever happened to those miniseries did they did a few years back?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The Darkstars.

Primal Force.

I'd change almost nothing about their original premises.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Darkstars..
    When the Fab5 eventually start leaving the Titans book, Donna should most definitely get spun-off into a Darkstars book.

L.E.G.I.O.N. Take them back to their roots. The concept jumped the shark with R.E.B.E.L.S. but keep Vril Dox's evil infant son for him to fight against.

Extraordinary Member

The Justice League.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Mary Marvel, Zauriel, and Amethyst would all be really cool to see, though Osiris may be a better fit than Mary for a Dark team.
    Thank you very much.

Most of the others I'm not too familiar with, save for Secret who I love. However, Secret's story was told, and I think it'd be a disservice to Greta to make her Secret again.
    Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be disrespectful! Um . . . how about either Horsewoman or Exoristos instead?