Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I LOVE Blue Devil. I was just the right age when that book hit and it remains a favorite today.

And with that in mind, I'd do a FORGOTTEN HEROES book. Team of characters who don't get much play anymore, despite being popular (or at least prevalent) at one time. My line-up would be:

Blue Devil
    Nightshade
    Tsunami
    Ultra the Multi-Alien
    Witchfire
    Argus
    Manhattan Guardian

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I LOVE Blue Devil. I was just the right age when that book hit and it remains a favorite today.

And with that in mind, I'd do a FORGOTTEN HEROES book. Team of characters who don't get much play anymore, despite being popular (or at least prevalent) at one time. My line-up would be:

Blue Devil
    Nightshade
    Tsunami
    Ultra the Multi-Alien
    Witchfire
    Argus
    Manhattan Guardian
    Man, compared to the rest of those guys, Blue Devil is an A-lister!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Man, compared to the rest of those guys, Blue Devil is an A-lister!
    I know, right? But that's the joy of the concept...introducing new audiences to older characters. Cave Carson, Dolphin, and Animal Man hadn't been seen for YEARS when the team's first incarnation debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be disrespectful! Um . . . how about either Horsewoman or Exoristos instead?
    Who the hell are they? Never heard of either of them?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

They are both members of Demon Knights of New 52. Horsewoman has a connection to the Red and Exoristos is an Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

Blue Devil
    Nightshade
    Tsunami
    Ultra the Multi-Alien
    Witchfire
    Argus
    Manhattan Guardian
    Blue Devil did make an appearance briefly. At the start of New 52 there was some anthology series and one of the stories was Blue Devil and Black Lightning.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    While I'm at it...

Here's my take on...

The Outsiders
    Black Canary, The Question, Black Lightning, Green Arrow, Manhunter, Katana, Thorn (previously Black Thorn), Bronze Tiger and Onyx.

A team that even Dennis O'Neil would love.

Note: Kate Spencer Manhunter could be subbed in for Manhunter.
    I love that line up!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And now...
    My thoughts on JLI..

Global Guardians (formerly Justice League International)
    Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, J'onn J'onzz, Wonder Woman, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Crimson Fox, Captain Atom, Batwing, Blue Devil, Geo-Force, Aztek, Vixen, Rocket Red and Aquaman.

Note: 16 members may seem like a lot, but there's a reason for that.
    The book would follow the formula of the classic Satellite era JLA (which boasted 16 members at the time) and Justice League Unlimited, where the core group would be Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner and J'onn J'onzz.
    Each issue would feature anywhere from four to eight members with at least half of them being from the core group. And each story would be one or two issues long, with an occasional three-part story to give everyone a chance to appear. There would even be a roll call at the start of each issue.
    The stories themselves would be a throwback to the Satellite era League but with the mild humor of the first two years of JLI (not as goofy as it became near the end of the run). Sort of the wink-wink, nudge-nudge, tongue-in-cheek, poke you in the rib screwball humor that comes from the dialogue and not the slapstick or outrageous comedy that comes from over-the-top antics or outlandish visuals.

It would be a return to 'working class heroes' saving the day and remaining as human as possible in the process.
    The fun, itself, would come from their interactions with each other and the fact that they enjoy being superheroes.
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman help balance the tone (and increase sales). Alongside J'onn and Captain Atom they act as the 'professionals' that rarely show their personal side in public.
    Supporting cast: Ted Kord, Catherine Cobert, Dale Gunn (remember him?), Dr. Will Magnus (from the Metal Men, replacing the now toxic Max Lord as benefactor), Ralph and Sue Dibney and 'Snapper' Carr.
    Arch-villains: Queen Bee (from Bialya), Kobra, a new Legion of Doom and plenty of mad scientists, alien menaces and would-be world conquerors.
    Base of operations: The Hall of Justice.

I recolored an image of Batman Beyond for Batwing as I couldn't find a picture that I liked.
    And I purposely left Power Girl out so she'd be free for JSA.

This is also another book that would benefit most from a specific type of writer.
    Someone with the plotting ability of Jeff Parker and the dialogue skills of Peter David.
    The charm of the early JLI was that Giffen would plot a serious story and break down the visuals and then DeMatteis would go over it and add the humor in the dialogue after it was drawn.

As for art, it should be someone who has a classic style, but not stiff... and can do expressive faces without them looking derpy or ten years old.
    I love this line-up too!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    1. . Oh lord no! Superman is great, obviously, but JLI is all about B and C list heroes getting into hi jinks. Superman wasn't even a part of the Giffen/DeMatias team.
    Yeah, your right Supes wouldn't fit

Mighty Member

I always found The Freedom Fighters fascinating, and have read all of their most recent stuff, but I also realize that no one cares enough about them to keep the book alive and I'm not sure how to one would go about fixing that. To me, they seem to be another one of those DC characters/teams that works better in their own reality, but books that seem to have zero relevance or impact to the primary DC Universe often fail as well.

Astonishing Member

Forgotten Heroes- But with the twist being that it's a team of heavy hitters who've fallen by the wayside and often save reality ala the Defenders.

IE
    Chimera- Reality Manipulation
    Jamm- Vocal based mind control
    Loose Cannon- Hulk esque strength
    Layla- The Main Woman. Lobo esque strength levels and invulnerability.
    Triumph Moon Maiden- Literal forgotten heroes of the JLA. Use there info on the team to help avoid detection to the wider world
    Regal- Forgotten JSA hero. Tachyon powers. Potentially most powerful team member.
    Sela Allen- time travelling speedster made of speed force energy, can teleport/vibrate the team wherever they need to go in the multiverse.

Somewhat like the New 52 Stormwatch but unlike them they were modern heroes who worked with other hero teams at one point prior to erasing themselves from public knowledge.

Astonishing Member

The Wanderers

A group of powered individuals, not really superheroes but sometimes intervening as such when they deem it's necessary. Mostly teens or similar who've ran away from home

Sapphire from the Power Company
    Atlee (Terra) who's the most heroic and the one essentially leading said team as she's trying to get them to be a force of good
    Doomsday/Doomed! who's largely sticking around hoping if he goes out of control that the others can stop him
    Mongrel/Josh Xan who likes to fight largely and just so happens to do so to those who need a beatdown ala Wolverine
    Seth Aiden the Red Inferno a boy on the run after discovering he's actually a Professor Magnus robot creation

With sometimes member sometimes helper Element Woman who's there on behalf of the Doom Patrol as she knows what they're going through a rough patch and to keep them out of the reach of the Chief, like with others as that's why she's on the Doom Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    DC has lots of team books and heroes who are in limbo and I was wandering beside the JUSTICE SOCIETY and the LEGION OF SUPER HEROES who else would you like to see make a come back.here's a list of just of them.

ALL STAR SQUADRON
    EXTREME JUSTICE
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    GEN 13
    INFINITY INC
    NEW GODS
    NEW GUARDIANS
    THE OUTSIDERS
    THE POWER CO.
    PRIMAL FORCE
    TEAM TITANS
    YOUNG JUSTICE

I personally would like a new EXTREME JUSTICE.GEN 13.INFINITY INC.THE OUTSIDERS.THE POWER CO.and of course YOUNG JUSTICE.
    Before worrying about who else we'd like to see make a comeback, we still have to see when / how the Legion of Super-Heroes and the Justice Society get their Rebirth comebacks.

I would like to see:

ALL STAR SQUADRON
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    GEN 13
    INFINITY INC
    NEW GODS
    THE OUTSIDERS
    TEAM TITANS
    YOUNG JUSTICE

I would also like to see a Rebirth title for The Green Team and The Movement as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Morrison on anything monthly. Literally anything.