Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    LOSH
    Doom Patrol
    Freedom Fighters
    Creature Commandos
    Easy Commando (The DCU from the POV of soldiers instead of superheroes appeals to me)
    There is already a Doom Patrol book.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There is already a Doom Patrol book.
    It has nothing to do with rebirth though.

Spectacular Member

Mine are kind of weird, but I'm getting board with the same old JLA. No Red Tornado. No Elongated Man.

1. I would LOVE to see.....The Seven Soldiers of Victory. Obviously Stargirl replaces SSK. Vigilante and Shining Knight are still around. There's some archers that could take GA and speedy's place. Crimson Avenger would be someone with a red power ring. Stripsy's not going to fit in.

2. Global Guardians. This was a decent team. The could be a great book.

3. Metal Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And my idea for...

Shadowpact
    Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Nightshade, Etrigan, Raven, Baron Winters, John Constantine and Zatanna.

Note: I considered both Dr. Mist and Bloodwynd but couldn't find good images of them. So consider them as reserve members.

And although the line-up is quite similar to Justice League Dark (with the additions of MVPs Dr. Fate and Raven), it would have absolutely, positively NO connection to the Justice League.
    The team would act more as a mystical Illuminati, meet secretly and fight foes that go unseen by regular heroes.
    The book, itself, would read and feel more like an early Vertigo title than any mainstream superhero comic.
    And as it's more of a 'secret society' than an outright team, the members could still be in other more traditional superhero groups (to help maintsin the illusion that Shadowpact doesn't exist). And aside from the core eight pictured above, it would have others who appear irregularly as members.
    The base of operations would either be Fate's Tower, accessed through Baron Winters' manor.
    I'd read this.

Though to be quite honest I am not sure about the inclusion of Constantine and Winters. Constantine in JLD never really fit and when he did it felt like he stole the show. Winters on the other hand... well I know he's mystically related, but I am not sure how safe it is for anyone remain around him since his own Nightforce appeared to have quite a bit of a turnover in memberships.
    I might suggest replacing one or two with Zauriel (balancing out the two demons) and Animal Man (giving you a link to the Red, Green and Rot).

I agree. Constantine shouldn't be a team player. It's fun when he team-ups sometimes, but he became the sole focus of JLD too easily (I guess it helped that Lemire can't write team books).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And my idea for...

Shadowpact
    Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Nightshade, Etrigan, Raven, Baron Winters, John Constantine and Zatanna.

Note: I considered both Dr. Mist and Bloodwynd but couldn't find good images of them. So consider them as reserve members.

And although the line-up is quite similar to Justice League Dark (with the additions of MVPs Dr. Fate and Raven), it would have absolutely, positively NO connection to the Justice League.
    The team would act more as a mystical Illuminati, meet secretly and fight foes that go unseen by regular heroes.
    The book, itself, would read and feel more like an early Vertigo title than any mainstream superhero comic.
    And as it's more of a 'secret society' than an outright team, the members could still be in other more traditional superhero groups (to help maintsin the illusion that Shadowpact doesn't exist). And aside from the core eight pictured above, it would have others who appear irregularly as members.
    The base of operations would either be Fate's Tower, accessed through Baron Winters' manor.
    Not a bad line up. Though I'd swap out Raven and Constantine for Witchfire and Encantandora

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    1. I would LOVE to see.....The Seven Soldiers of Victory. Obviously Stargirl replaces SSK. Vigilante and Shining Knight are still around. There's some archers that could take GA and speedy's place. Crimson Avenger would be someone with a red power ring. Stripsy's not going to fit in.
    I'd love to see a new iteration of the old 7SoV team. Stargirl and STRIPE are musts, and like you said, Vigilante and Shining Knight are still around. For the rest, I'd use the Crimson Dynamo who was showing up in JSA, a revised take on the old Fawcett character the Golden Arrow, and since Wing was the unofficial 8th member, maybe bring in the Sonia Sato Judomaster (rather than another redundant archer character).
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 08-21-2017 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not a bad line up. Though I'd swap out Raven and Constantine for Witchfire and Encantandora
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Who?

Witchfire
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/witchfire/4005-11358/

Encantadora
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/encantadora/4005-44153/

Pretty obscure characters DC hasn't used in a long time.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Witchfire
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/witchfire/4005-11358/

Encantadora
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/encantadora/4005-44153/

Pretty obscure characters DC hasn't used in a long time.
    I thought that was a mix-up stating with Enchantress and ending in Pandora.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post

I'd be down for a new Seven Soldiers book. Not sure why you're kicking Pat to the curb if you're putting in Courtney. He has the S.T.R.I.P.E identity/mech suit.

Also, instead of making ANOTHER Crimson Avenger, this would be the 4th, I'd revamp the Spirit of Vengeance Crimson Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I thought that was a mix-up stating with Enchantress and ending in Pandora.
    Nope lol. Encantadora is a real character. A Superman villain no less. She last appeared in a comic back in 2011 so she's super obscure.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

The Brotherhood of Evil. Gerald isn't interested in doing standard superhero fare with Doom Patrol and fine with me. They'll probably show up in Titans.

And judging by Dark Days/Metal, I can cross Outsiders and Challengers from my list.
    Last edited by Starchild; 08-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd love to see a new iteration of the old 7SoV team. Stargirl and STRIPE are musts, and like you said, Vigilante and Shining Knight are still around. For the rest, I'd use the Crimson Dynamo who was showing up in JSA, . . .
    Crimson Dynamo?

Have you been listening to the Paul McCartney / Wings' song "Magneto and Titanium Man" again?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Crimson Dynamo?

IT'S A CROSSOVER SERIES!!

Or, you know, Crimson Avenger.