Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

DC may be planning to echo the final crisis with Tim escaping and confronting Ozy with the anti watchman bullet he has invented
    Tim- Here is where you learn how dangerous and resourceful and masterly detective I am.
    Ozy Of course after all you were trained by the world's greatest detective
    Tim#$%@!?/*###1$'## you! My names Tim! Tim Drake! The Worlds greatest detective to be evident from my deducing you're from watchman universe and inventing Tim particles in your captivity and creating a bullet out of them the one thing you are vulnerable to.
    OZY-Shoot you with beams which will not kill you but transport you through time to the preflaspoint universe where you will don the mantle of the bat after Battle for cowl! Screw continuity! Batman must not feel neglected. Fare thee well timothy.
    Tim Before I go into past and forget all this please show me your face so at least I will know my deduction was right.
    OZY- Sorry your bullet altered my continuity and now I have become the time trapper.
    Tom- But that means you are superb.......
    Ozy-Shh! No spoilers not to mention petty lawsuits regarding the name from IC and Countdown
    Tim- Deja vu!
    Ozy- Indeed this must be old hat for you after your experience as Batman Beyond! By the way have you considered turning into a samurai?
    A certain samurai huh! Just had a feeling someone was promoting my upcoming anime even if it's not being done by Hanna Barbara! Must be that universe which is proving so popular for toons to guest star in. Ah nothing to do with me! A bowl of noodles please!
    Ozy- I taught you swordsmanship my good man!
    SJ- Huh!
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-19-2017 at 02:43 AM.

BANNED

Mr Oz puts him in to a machine that deages him, changes his race, wipes his memories and sends him back in time where he is adopted by the Thomas family. Then DC can do a Tim Reborn storyline where both halves of Duke/Tim merge and then they can launch a Lark series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He should retire from being a superhero and open up a detective office with detective chimp.
    This is without a doubt the best idea you've ever head. A book about the mysteries solved by the world's second greatest and 4th greatest detective? I'd pay for this 3 time a month! 4 times if Ralph Dibney, world's greatest detective, was running a rival agency.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    1. Just revamp the Red Robin solo book. Jason barely qualifies as an anti-hero anymore, so it's not like we can't have more than one Robin with a solo book.
    "Red Robin" wasn`t a book about an anti-hero, therefore it shouldn`t be dependable on how many shades of Gray Jason is in his own book. The detective Chimp idea is sound but there`s no way he`s the second best detective in the world.

Ralph Dibney lives in my heart!
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-19-2017 at 08:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    "Red Robin" wasn`t a book about an anti-hero, therefore it shouldn`t be dependable on how many shades of Gray Jason is in his own book. The detective Chimp idea is sound but there`s no way he`s the second best detective in the world.

Ralph Dibney lives in my heart!
    Dude, that's not what I meant. I was saying that since Red Hood and Nightwing were both heroes with solo books, Red Robin could be a hero with a solo book too. OF COURSE Tim isn't an anti-hero.

As for the world's greatest detectives:

1. Ralph Dibney
    2. Tim Drake
    3. Bruce Wayne
    4. Detective Chimp

You know I'm not spiting because if I were, Bruce would be below Chimp.

BANNED

1. Holmes (he`s been in the DCU)
    2. original Sandman
    3. Ralph Dibney
    4. Chimp
    5. Alfredoesmoredetectiveworkthanhedoes

Kill him off and replace him with the old Tim? NuTims origin is the worst. He was a rich/upper middle class boy with loving supportive parents and he ruined their lives so Batman would notice how smart he is. He comes off like a sociopath.

Compare it to Jason Todd, who has a terrible upbringing and just wanted to be Robin for good altruistic reasons and it makes him look worse.

If they brought the old Tim back into continuity, you'd have a fun fish out of water scenario and a character who could fight with a bo staff instead of a computer. It would look better on panel. Plus everyone has already greived for NuTim anyway...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    1. Holmes (he`s been in the DCU)
    2. original Sandman
    3. Ralph Dibney
    4. Chimp
    5. Alfredoesmoredetectiveworkthanhedoes
    Alfred is best at everything.

Also, I haven't read that much about Wesley Dodds. Is he really that good?

Also, while they probably aren't top 5, both Questions should be high on this ranking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Kill him off and replace him with the old Tim? NuTims origin is the worst. He was a rich/upper middle class boy with loving supportive parents and he ruined their lives so Batman would notice how smart he is. He comes off like a sociopath.

Compare it to Jason Todd, who has a terrible upbringing and just wanted to be Robin for good altruistic reasons and it makes him look worse.

If they brought the old Tim back into continuity, you'd have a fun fish out of water scenario and a character who could fight with a no staff instead of a computer. It would look better on panel. Plus everyone has already greived for NuTim anyway...
    I'm almost positive DC is going to ignore the Lobdell origins and personas of the YJ4 from this point out. Don't expect it to be addressed.

They have to its driving me nuts! It seems to me that someone who is a little too focused on parental love, like Bruce, might take issue with it.

It's like how everyone just ignores that Alfred essentially got two kids killed in Robin War. It seems the fam might frown on it

BANNED

They have to its driving me nuts! It seems to me that someone who is a little too focused on parental love, like Bruce, might take issue with it.

It's like how everyone just ignores that Alfred essentially got two kids killed in Robin War. It seems the fam might frown on it
    Bruce should most definitely take issue with it. And that's why it's easier to just pretend it never happened. Everything associated with Lobdell's Teen Titans that isn't named Bunker should be ignored. (Was Tanya created by Lobdell? If so, her too. She's appearing in Slade's book soon so good for her fans.)

Alfred did WHAT? Now I'm really glad I didn't read Robin War.

Tim should adopt a new code name.
    I kind of like him just going by "Red" but the only problem I can see in that is marketing because of Red Hood and the Outlaws. But that isn't a huge issue imo.
    He should design a new suit that has a simple red and black design. Maybe give him the wings again or some kind of flight get up.
    They should do this and either have him strike out on his own (preferred but less likely) or retake his place as the brains of the Tec comics team (still acceptable place for him probably what they have planned anyways)

If he gets a new code name what do you guys think it should be?
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@™√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Casantrizos View Post
    Tim should adopt a new code name.
    I kind of like him just going by "Red" but the only problem I can see in that is marketing because of Red Hood and the Outlaws. But that isn't a huge issue imo.
    He should design a new suit that has a simple red and black design. Maybe give him the wings again or some kind of flight get up.
    They should do this and either have him strike out on his own (preferred but less likely) or retake his place as the brains of the Tec comics team (still acceptable place for him probably what they have planned anyways)

I was unaware that ANYONE liked the wings. Most people seem to agree the New52 Red Robin suit is one of the worst costumes in DC history.

I personally like the name Red Robin, but if I had to give him a new one...

sarcastic.jpg

MR. SARCASTIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post

Alfred did WHAT? Now I'm really glad I didn't read Robin War.
    spoilers:
    Alfred was the guy supplying them, giving them their gear and missions. By gear I mean snazzy jackets. He didn't provide any training though. One kid died defusing a bomb and another died by being shot by a cop.
    end of spoilers

I liked WAR but I hate these kind of lose threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Casantrizos View Post
    Coeus, the old Titan of knowledge. It's on old nod to his time leading the Titans and he could be done the new Oracle. It has the added bonus of replacing Gus who I don't care for.

BANNED

If they brought the old Tim back into continuity, you'd have a fun fish out of water scenario and a character who could fight with a bo staff instead of a computer. It would look better on panel. Plus everyone has already greived for NuTim anyway...
    I'm confident that his old origin will be restored based entirely on the fact that no one likes the new one and it would be appallingly stupid not to, but I'm also concerned that creator egos and backwards thinking might prevent it from happening. Tynion has referenced both the revised origin and the events of B&RE in his 'Tec run, both massive missteps for the Bat-books. He was the head writer for B&RE so there's always the possibility that his ego will prevent him from contradicting the events of a story he deeply cares about. That includes the references to the revised origin.

I don't think Tynion is stupid, I think he's capable of understanding that the new Tim origin is poison for the character. But if he hasn't realized that by now it may be too late, and we could be stuck with Nu Tim's origin for good.