Default Could Thanos become a Phoenix Force host ?.

Since this has been speculated and I am not really an expert on the Phoenix Force as you X-Men fans would be.
    I have read the Dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix; end song and Avengers v X-Men which featured the five phoenix hosts.
    Thanos is dying and needs a cure, he has always had a goal of acquiring ultimate power.
    As the Phoenix force is a cosmic entity as Thanos' former love Death is, could Thanos become infactuated by it ?.
    Is the Phoenix force more female orientated ?, could it appear as Jean Grey to seduce Thanos ?.
    I am confused if the Phoenix Force is a force of life or a harbinger of death.
    Would Thanos' nature as a character corrupt the Phoenix force into becoming the Dark Phoenix or Dark Phoenix-Thanos ?.
    Any expert opinions would be greatly appreciated from this X-family of fans.

interesting. at this point i think just about anyone could become a host for the Phoenix Force. i've read stranger theories.

If it happens now, I don't think it'll be for long, since on her solo Jean has a premonition or something that the Phoenix is coming for her...

It feels to me that they are longing this out though Thanos is pictured battling the Phoenix on the cover of Thanos# 6.

Everyone could

BANNED

Of course. It's just a host entity..thats how Cyclops got it.

Both are avatars of death. Thanos wouldn't be content with an underling of death - he wants the top dog to be his bride. Though I'm quite sure he'd like the power of the phoenix.

Thanos probably would desire the Phoenix Force for its sheer power, if he knew of it. How does Thanos know of it? Has he ever seen or interacted with it? When did he learn of it? How would he draw it to notice him?

I don't think that the Phoenix Force would choose Thanos for a host under regular conditions.

However, his evil genius may somehow trick the Phoenix into bonding with him.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-19-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Before? Maybe, but not likely.

Now? Why the hell not! It's not like there seems to be any rules as to who can become a Phoenix host. These days everyone and their grandmother has been a host to the Phoenix (which is why it has lost all of its impact and meaning).

And if Thanos were to become a Phoenix host then he would probably become Dark Phoenix since even heroes can easily be corrupted by the power of the Phoenix to go Dark Phoenix. But then again Thanos might be the kind of guy who wouldn't be written as succumbing to the power of the Phoenix force but instead being able to control its power since he is supposed to be pretty strong willed and such a "bad mofo" to put it simply. So who knows if he'd go full on Dark Phoenix or if he'd become the White Phoenix (good version of phoenix were the host and the force merge into one being who is in control of their powers).

And as to whether Phoenix is the bringer of life or harbinger of death & destruction? Well, it's both. It's supposed to be some kind of evolutionary force that promotes development of the universe (or something, it really depends on the story) and thus it can take life/destroy planets and it can create life/resurrect the dead.

As a cosmic entity it's mostly without gender but since it's most well known and popular host is female it's often depicted or assumed to be more female than male but really, it has had both male and female hosts pretty evenly and it doesn't seem to have a preferred gender. Its only preference is Jean Grey and those related to her and it sometimes manifests itself in human form looking like Jean Grey but so far I don't think that it has really been depicted as trying to seduce anybody or having any kind of emotional or sexual attraction to anyone, just an attraction to bond with powerful hosts, usually human mutants, but even that's not very strict these days as there have been multiple non-mutant hosts in the past, some human, some Shi'ar and some other aliens.

Those are some of the answers to your questions but those answers might change next week when some writer decides to make Tony Stark or Deadpool or Thor the next host of the Phoenix since, like I said, Phoenix lore has become so mixed up and muddled these days anyway that anyone can become whatever type of Phoenix writers want them to become.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 03-19-2017 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

The Phoenix is more a force of rebirth than strictly death. It's related to death in that sense but also renewal, it's about the cycle really. It's also one of the few abstracts that existed before the previous pre-Secret Wars MU (along with Galactus).

It's also not gendered at all, although neither is Death really even though it tends to appear that way to Thanos.