Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Sadly, some ppl, even in my progressed, diverse area of Sacramento, don't even know how to say "gyro"...or know what a gyro is.
    gyros are magical sandwiches and as long as they bring you happiness, they can sound many different ways

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Sadly, some ppl, even in my progressed, diverse area of Sacramento, don't even know how to say "gyro"...or know what a gyro is.
    I grew up in a wonderful neighborhood called Greektown and never heard the word gyro.

Astonishing Member

For turks, and for most people in Europe, they're called "Kebabs" or more specifically "Doner Kebabs".

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It just didn't hook you - which is fine, but I'm definitely on board, so yeah - it "hooked" me.....
    Yeah, it hooked me as well and it did so precisely because of how weird and off kilter it was. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    For turks, and for most people in Europe, they're called "Kebabs" or more specifically "Doner Kebabs".
    Sandwich one is called doner, it's called kebab when it's served on a plate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Sandwich one is called doner, it's called kebab when it's served on a plate.
    Thanks, I'm turkish. They're often just called "Kebabs" in europe, despite most often being served as sandwiches.

I'm definitely in. I love the art, I love the DJ-style, remix nature of the narrative. This tracks so, so, SO well with everything I've been getting into lately. Seriously, that bit at the end felt like a photo-negative of David Bowie's Blackstar. And Cliff. I couldn't be happier than to see Cliff save maybe for Cliff and Flex in the same place at the same time. That or if my dream of Ultra Comics joining the team came to fruition. I can't wait for more YA.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I'm definitely in. I love the art, I love the DJ-style, remix nature of the narrative. This tracks so, so, SO well with everything I've been getting into lately. Seriously, that bit at the end felt like a photo-negative of David Bowie's Blackstar. And Cliff. I couldn't be happier than to see Cliff save maybe for Cliff and Flex in the same place at the same time. That or if my dream of Ultra Comics joining the team came to fruition. I can't wait for more YA.
    I like the way Cliff's intro alludes to a backstory that may get brought back up...
    Where was he?
    How did he get there?
    What happened before?
    spoilers:
    It felt like there was a major event that had happened prior and we were seeing the aftermath where Cliff was stranded in whatever reality he had found himself in and many years had passed since.
    end of spoilers

But then... it could just be a big McGuffin...

Long time Doom Patrol fan
    Have this first issue and will read it over the weekend.
    Hopefully a thread for issue # 1 (with spoiler tag) will be created already.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I'd give this first issue a solid 4 out of 5. The pages dedicated to previewing Shade would have been much better used as story space, as the story could have used a few more pages to go somewhere… If I have any complaints (and it's not much of one) it would be that this issue felt much more like the first part in a collection than an individual issue. In the big picture this could be a positive, as it's likely more people will read the inevitable trade than this first single issue in the long run. I'm not suggesting that I necessarily look for or want one-in-dones either. It's not that the issue didn't tell a complete story that bugged me, it's that it felt like more of a story segment than a chapter of a story. Down the road, I imagine this will not really be an issue as the book continues to move along.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

http://www.previewsworld.com/Article...econd-Printing

Doom Patrol seems to be selling well!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Glad to hear it. Hopefully this means it will stay around for awhile.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!