Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Does Elasti-Girl always look like a wide eyed puppet?
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Does Elasti-Girl always look like a wide eyed puppet?
    Not usually but Johns may be using the version of Elasti-Girl that Waid came up with during his Brave and the Bold story. He was probably attempting to make Rita more of a "freak" like the rest of the dP crew. Since a common complaint about Elast-Girl is that she is far too normal to be a member of the "World's Strangest Heroes." This version was a bit emotionally scarred and always had a creepy grin on her face. When I saw the way she looked at the end of Justice League 31 that's the first thing that came to mind.

I much prefer the Elasti-Woman from Giffen's run. She was tough and witty and god help you if you got her mad.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-26-2014 at 09:52 PM.

They look good.

Let's hope this does better than the last time DC used Justice League to revive them...

60382-5957-93377-1-jla.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They look good.

Let's hope this does better than the last time DC used Justice League to revive them...

60382-5957-93377-1-jla.jpg

Aaghhhhh my eyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not usually but Johns may be using the version of Elasti-Girl that Waid came up with during his Brave and the Bold story. He was probably attempting to make Rita more of a "freak" like the rest of the dP crew. Since a common complaint about Elast-Girl is that she is far too normal to be a member of the "World's Strangest Heroes." This version was a bit emotionally scarred and always had a creepy grin on her face. When I saw the way she looked at the end of Justice League 31 that's the first thing that came to mind.

I much prefer the Elasti-Woman from Giffen's run. She was tough and witty and god help you if you got her mad.
    Yea, her eyes were strange. I thought I was wrong.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

So what did everyone think of the Doom Patrol in Justice League #32?

I have been planning to seek out some Doom Patrol stories ever since I saw them featured in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I have only encountered a few stories with them during my many years of comic reading. I am now really enjoying them in Justice League. I think now is the time to take the plunge and try some Doom Patrol classics.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I have been planning to seek out some Doom Patrol stories ever since I saw them featured in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I have only encountered a few stories with them during my many years of comic reading. I am now really enjoying them in Justice League. I think now is the time to take the plunge and try some Doom Patrol classics.
    There's an awesome omnibus collecting Grant Morrison's seminal run that was just released this week! If you have an extra $150 laying around*, I highly recommend it!

*You can actually find it for much less if you shop around online.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's an awesome omnibus collecting Grant Morrison's seminal run that was just released this week! If you have an extra $150 laying around*, I highly recommend it!
    *You can actually find it for much less if you shop around online.
    Thanks. I will see if I can find it discounted.

Astonishing Member

Keith Giffen's run was incredibly good as well. Great quippy dialogue, solid art, actual creepy weirdness. Not weird like Morrison's Dada weird, just weird like "man, their jobs suck! They get the least glamorous assignments compared to other DC super-teams".

I have such a huge soft spot for both the Doom Patrol and Batman's Outsiders. The non-mainstream teams.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Keith Giffen's run was incredibly good as well. Great quippy dialogue, solid art, actual creepy weirdness. Not weird like Morrison's Dada weird, just weird like "man, their jobs suck! They get the least glamorous assignments compared to other DC super-teams".

I have such a huge soft spot for both the Doom Patrol and Batman's Outsiders. The non-mainstream teams.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will defiantly look out for that run. I also liked Batman and the Outsiders but only read the first few stories. That series was running when I took my first break from comic collecting shortly after finishing college. I see that there is Showcase Presents collection and that they started putting the issue up on ComiXology. I hope to find the time to someday read all the issues I missed.

Grant's Doom Patrol was brilliant and it's my all time favorite book but if you aren't prepared for Morrison unleashed weirdness it could be a bit too much for the casual reader. Just don't expect "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" version of the dP.
    Giffen's run was fantastic as well. He found a way to fit all of the previous Doom Patrol continuity together and make it work. Giffen's usual dark comedy approach to writing his characters worked perfectly with the Doom Patrol.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-31-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Maybe the Chief will treat his team a little better if/when Lex puts him in the wheelchair. He'll have the "now I know what it's like" moment.

BANNED

Maybe the Chief will treat his team a little better if/when Lex puts him in the wheelchair. He'll have the "now I know what it's like" moment.

Or it can make him worst haha. I like the fact that The Chief is a d**k, I relate to people like that. Why does everyone have to be a nice guy?

So what did everyone think of the Doom Patrol in Justice League #32?

So how can negative man see, if his face is entirely covered in bandages?