Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Default Cullen Bunn confirms Two-three new members more for X-Men Blue

New and interesting (as always) interview with Cullen Bunn, he confirms a supporting cast (like Claremont era) and two-three new members for the group.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/15/x-men-blue-cullen-bunn/

Briar Raleigh is one of the supporting cast for sure.
    The comment of the "time travelers" makes me dream about a time travel to Krakoa to save Petra and Sway and add to the team.

BANNED

Nate Grey time!

It'd be thematically fitting for Bunn to grab some time/dimensionally misplaced characters to run around with this crew - Nate Grey, Eva Bell, Nocturne, Kymera, maybe Morph or AoA Blink - so I can't really fault the notion if that's what's happening. I just can't think of any characters who'd fit that bill and I'd care enough to pay money for, alas.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-19-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Hopefully Pixie. Around the same age as them and a teleporter is welcomed on any team.

BANNED

Nate Grey? No thanks. I'd be happy with Blink or Morph. Juggernaut would be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Hopefully Pixie. Around the same age as them and a teleporter is welcomed on any team.
    Pixie would be so great. Especially given her infamous crush on grown up Cyke.

By the same token I wouldn't mind Shark-Girl given her previous interplay with adult Angel. Bonus points for gender and color, both of which are seriously lacking with this team.

My biggest takeaways...

I loved both ALL-NEW X-MEN series, and I've read and re-read them in preparation for this book. I think I'm drawing from my favorite elements of those series, and then putting my own spin on them based on my long-time love of X-Men. Maybe more than the previous books, this series is steeped in all the things that made those classic X-Men books so great!

As I see it, the original X-Men have a connection unlike any of the other incarnations of the team. Maybe it's because they were so young when they got together. Maybe it was working so closely before there were 200 other X-Men to team up with. These five will always be together... a family... and nothing will change that. They've changed so much since they arrived in our timeline, but the camaraderie between them will always be there.

That's a tough one for me, but straight away I really love the interaction between Jean and Cyclops. I knew that would be a big part of the series long before I started writing, but it took me by surprise a bit. I'm also a fan of the dynamic between Cyclops and Beast. They aren't seeing eye to eye as we start this series. And Angel and Iceman have an interesting dynamic forming, I think.

I'm definitely mixing things up with this team. This book will have a supporting cast, much like the X-Men of Claremont's run. I'm sure some readers can guess who some of these cast members will be. We're also going to have two (three depending on how you look at it) new members of the team.

But were also going to be seeing a number of fan-favorite villains from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond. I hope that I've managed to add a few surprises to some of these classic villains, some things you wouldn't expect. And there will be characters you haven't seen in decades joining the cast.

And since they are time travelers, they may find themselves back in the time stream. If they do that, there's no telling where they'll end up and which X-characters they may meet.

Loves the characters and loves the continuity but also loves to mix things up... As always, In Bunn I Trust!
    And he read the runs that came before his! How shocking is that in this day and age?
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-19-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Hoping to see Cassandra Nova, Nimrod, Selene.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

He better have because O5 isn't enough to get me to buy #2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hoping to see Cassandra Nova, Nimrod, Selene.
    You'll get the Secret Wars Goblyn Queen and you'll like it! And maybe Boom Boom.

Hope to see Polaris.
    Would love to see how Molina would draw Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Pixie would be so great. Especially given her infamous crush on grown up Cyke.
    Pixie/Nightmare would fit the "two (or three)" bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hope to see Polaris.
    Would love to see how Molina would draw Gambit
    I love real Molina. I'm less enthused about the Saturday Morning Molina we seem to be getting on Blue though.

I'd love to see Dust somewhere.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Nate Grey time!
    Omg please I really want to read more of him.