Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If only Marvel and DC would play nice again and we could have the Wolverine family vs the Bat family.
    The loners have the biggest families. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If only Marvel and DC would play nice again and we could have the Wolverine family vs the Bat family.
    Barring some Deus Ex Machina Bat Tech, Team Claws would slaughter. The single biggest threat is Cass and her MASSIVELY overhyped body reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Barring some Deus Ex Machina Bat Tech, Team Claws would slaughter. The single biggest threat is Cass and her MASSIVELY overhyped body reading.
    You just KNOW that Bats has mutant power dampeners in everyone's utility belts, plus massive magnets in the various Bat-vehicles.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    You just KNOW that Bats has mutant power dampeners in everyone's utility belts, plus massive magnets in the various Bat-vehicles.
    And carbonadium batarangs. And their suits are laced with vibranium.

And carbonadium batarangs. And their suits are laced with vibranium.
    ANTI-METAL vibranium.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    When it comes to official X-men members, I think Bishop, Maggott, Darwin, and Sunspot are the only black men. There are also very few Latino and Asian men represented in the team's history.
    Sunspot is both Black and Latino. Darwin too is both Black and Latino. Rictor is Latino. The New Mutants film will be big and it will have sequels, so hopefully that pushes Sunspot to more prominence in the X-Men comics where he has not been in quite some time (in the Avengers). Bishop is finally returning to a team of X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You are not really speaking anymore of diversity but of brand visiblity. The O5 are the original X-Men team. Many readers will recognize them so they are more visually distinctive than some lesser know characters.

The thing is that the O5 aren't just yet another team of "wings/visor/big feet/claws/redhead" (why forget the redheat?). They are the original team. Why people shouldn't be allowed to enjoy reading them if that's what they like?

If you don't like the O5, that's fine. People like different things. But I get the feeling that some people, not all, use the POC argument as an excuse for their resentment at not having their favorite character in the cast. Those people are doing a disservice to the diversity cause.

(And I find it a little weird that wings, claws, monkey look (with or without furry) isn't visually distinctive. lol )
    I'm not white, and I love the o5. I think it's cool how these characters, from an era in just a token woman was considered progressive and diverse, are brought to an era where there's 200 X-Men, half of them are women, and there are X-Men and students from all around the world.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If jou make a comic with the O5 as leads . Thee is Lotte jou van do with diversify. And regarding their support cast I rather see somebody added that fits than someone forced for the sake of diversity.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Isn't that his superpower though?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Isn't that his superpower though?
    "I'm rich."