Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You knew me as edhopper, now I am Kirby101

Hi all, after over a decade on these forums as edhopper, I have changed my name to Kirby101.
    The new name is to honor the King on his 100th birthday, as we go into the 101st year of Kirby.
    Just wanted everyone to know I didn't leave or was banned, I'm still here.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Likely story.

Congrats for the new name, 'Kirby101'!

Very well chosen by the way.

Nevertheless, I count two bad side-effects : I will miss your good old Golgoth avatar. Also, I won't be able to use the joke I prepared for the cover contest when I saw your request for a new name, now that everybody know. Thinking about it, only the first side-effect is important : CBR will never look the same!
    Last edited by Abe; 03-20-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, I think it's cool to honor the King. Elvis would be proud.

Just kidding!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hi all, after over a decade on these forums as edhopper, I have changed my name to Kirby101.
    The new name is to honor the King on his 100th birthday, as we go into the 101st year of Kirby.
    I feel like we need a Kirby-esque comic cover to really sell the transition.

"The world may know me as internet nice guy ed hopper, but they'll soon marvel at the might of kirby101!"

Anyway, cool tribute!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Likely story.
    ROFL

Nevertheless, I count two bad side-effects : I will miss your good old Golgoth avatar. Also, I won't be able to use the joke I prepared for the cover contest when I saw your request for a new name, now that everybody know. Thinking about it, only the first side-effect is important : CBR will never look the same!
    Unfortunately, it just didn't fit any more. I'll miss it too, since it was my own artwork.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I feel like we need a Kirby-esque comic cover to really sell the transition.

"The world may know me as internet nice guy ed hopper, but they'll soon marvel at the might of kirby101!"

Anyway, cool tribute!
    Thanks. I went through a few possible avatars before i settled on this one. There is so much Kirby to choose from.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Thanks. I went through a few possible avatars before i settled on this one. There is so much Kirby to choose from.
    As a suggestion, if you want to, you could use a different piece of Kirby artwork as an avatar each week, changing it up say, every Monday. That might be fun.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As a suggestion, if you want to, you could use a different piece of Kirby artwork as an avatar each week, changing it up say, every Monday. That might be fun.
    If i find the time to play with the images, maybe I will.
    Though I find I often know people immediately through their avatars win reading a thread. I don't want to confuse people more than I already have.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-20-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

If i find the time to play with the images, maybe I will.
    Though I find I often know people immediately through there avatars win reading a thread. I don't want to confuse people more than I already have.
    Kamandi-guy sounds remarkably similar to Orion-dude who now that I think about it, was a lot like Darkseid-man!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Kamandi-guy sounds remarkably similar to Orion-dude who now that I think about it, was a lot like Darkseid-man!
    LOL and what about Doc-Dr.Doom.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Good call. I've been thinking about changing my avatar lately too.

Just so long as your appreciation of a certain long running prog-rock band isn't diminished by this makeover

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Long live Jack Kirby.
    Long live edhopper as Kirby101, too!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Good call. I've been thinking about changing my avatar lately too.

Just so long as your appreciation of a certain long running prog-rock band isn't diminished by this makeover
    Never, Kirby101 has not lost his taste for great music.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That is cool Ed, to honor someone like Kirby. Way cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor