Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

It also helps that she has a super iconic intro, an incredibly rich history, a landmark cinematic scene (the upside down kiss from the original Spider-Man) and been married to Peter Parker for two whole decades.

You would think that would qualify her for "Lois Lane" status at the least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    been married to Peter Parker for two whole decades.
    Factoring in the last three years of MC2, as well as RYV and the newspapers presently, it's been three decades
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-27-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Factoring in the last three years of MC2, as well as RYV and the newspapers presently, it's been three decades
    Not to mention being set up as the fan favorite love interest for a long time prior to the marriage itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    For me she is in the top 3, below Peter and Norman. She easily trump every other love interest thought.
    I concur with your list.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not to mention being set up as the fan favorite love interest for a long time prior to the marriage itself.
    Another excellent point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

While it would lack the cheescake factor of the MJ and Gwen stuff, I'd love to see Jameson variant covers.

Aunt May would also be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    While it would lack the cheescake factor of the MJ and Gwen stuff
    To the artists' credit, they seem to have refrained from going the cheesecake route with MJ (and I don't remember many cheesecake poses for the Gwen variants either).

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Aunt May would also be hilarious.
    They should do a Golden Oldie cover as a tie-in to "HomeComing"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    To the artists' credit, they seem to have refrained from going the cheesecake route with MJ (and I don't remember many cheesecake poses for the Gwen variants either).
    Though, given we're still dealing with some gorgeous women, the covers still feel like cheescake even when they're not posed that way .

The only cover that feels like it's intentional in the 'cheesecake' area is the MJ-Pool (maybe I'll call her 'MJP') cover. But unlike other covers that possibly might feel unintentionally cheesecake looking for some people due to Gwen's and MJ's beauty the MJ-Pool one it feels was made purposely in the area of 'cheesecake' with the artstyle and her posing and outfit that has a tight latex look and v cleavage cut. That cover/design I feel was made due to 'fun' and establishing a personality of a character from her pose, expression, and other elements if she exists beyond a cover.

Where Gwen Poole wanted to cover her body up (she was hoping to have leggings/pants made by the tailor but had to sacrifice the fabrics to help her friends) MJ Poole might love showcasing her body recognizing her sex appeal and flaunting it (helps give the two similarities but also contrasts that play off of each other and help separate the characters).

In fact looking at the Wolverine MJ Cover and the Wolverine Gwen cover I see not just two different outfits but also personalities potential despite having similar powers and unknown history yet made official by any established Marvel writer. The Gwen one influences can be seen with The yellow Wolverine color scheme and some elements plus of course Spider-Gwen's outfit as well. Her growing on top of what looks like a cliff or mountainside with nature contracts with the MJ who has a more warm outfit and dress type of costume plus standing on top of a city building smiling with her craving out on stone what normally teens would carve on trees. To me with the hoodie and mountainside and attitude presented it feels that this Gwen is an introvert/anti-social and more tune with nature then city environments wanting peace of mind and possibly a brawl to vent. While MJ is extroverted/outgoing and a city gal looking for action and a good time. The matter that these two are the spiritual "wolverine" of their own worlds (or world) yet feel different and their own personality and outfit design that matches the personality and has contacts makes me love both covers making them feel like a yin/yang set contrasting and complementary each other. If the two covers were hung/placed next to each other it would feel balanced and fitting.

I know I'm looking to much or expressing what these covers are influencing within in me looking them over but art and overall a single well made picture can scream a thousand words and some of these covers expresses a character of some form which has my curiosity to what their world and story could be from the glimmer/window that is the cover(s).

Mighty Thor 20:

Deadpool 32:

Steve Rogers 18:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Well, Thor was a redhead in the original Norse myths, so MJ-Thor makes sense in that regard. MJ-Deadpool calling her grenades "jackpots" would be hilarious, and didn't Steve Rogers train MJ a little in the pre-Civil War Spider-Man comics after Spider-Man joined the New Avengers?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    didn't Steve Rogers train MJ a little in the pre-Civil War Spider-Man comics after Spider-Man joined the New Avengers?
    Yep. Some of her existing bios still make reference to that

I wonder how she feels about that with Hydra Cap's impending betrayal?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yep. Some of her existing bios still make reference to that

I wonder how she feels about that with Hydra Cap's impending betrayal?
    I think she would be in the same boat as most of the Marvel Universe in general --- shocked, appalled, horrified, devastated . . . I could go on.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mighty Thor 20:
    I love the Thor one. MJ wears that outfit better than Jane. :3
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .