Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I expect Jurgens and Tomasi/Gleason to say on until Action hits issue #1000.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah this idea that they're leaving comes up pretty frequently and I can't imagine them doing that voluntarily in the least. And I can't imagine what would cause DC to force them off.

I think it could go either way. Both teams staying till #1000 or any possible switchups in between, neither scenario would really surprise me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It seems to be varying. Of the #25 'anniversary issues' that month, Batman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Arrow are heading in new directions while maintaining their current teams, while Wonder Woman is reaching a point that seems like it might be the end of Rucka's time on the book (not surprising, since my understanding is that he only took the job in the first place to fix her after what Azzarello did, and get to tell his take on her origin the way he was told he could on Earth One before the job was handed to Morrison). Between the two Superman seems to be leaning in the latter direction, and since I'm pretty sure it's been consistently selling better than Action, I'd be surprised if Tomasi/Gleason got phased out with the new status quo and resolution of their plot but not Jurgens.
    I don't think we are going to see big shake ups creative wise until after ACTION #1000. I have a hunch REBORN will tie off some stuff but set into motion a bunch more that I imagine Tomasi and Jurgens will want to continue . I think REBORN and it's after math is just the end of phase one of the initiative for Superman and phase two will culminate with #1000. Then I could see Jurgens especially moving on and handing the book over to someone else and maybe even the end of double shipping for the books.

We also may see Tomasi and Jurgens continue on other Superman books at this point ( I.e. a revival of MAN OF STEEL and ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN or A new TEAM SUPERMAN book) with ACTION and SUPERMAN getting new teams.

Now, that could change if sales dip quickly post REBORN. If sales remain at where they've been, I think they'll likely stay the course and stick with the plan through #1000.

Of course, we are talking about DC whose motto is " if it ain't broke, we'll fix it anyway even if it eventually means we find ourselves in a situation where we have to go through the mother of all convolutions to get us back to where we never should have left in the first place.", So you could be right and we find out that Lobdell and Chuck Austin are taking over ACTION and SUPERMAN with a new story line revealing Jon is really Lois' lovechild with Bizarro or something.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

I really like Metallo and Zod's looks. I hope that Metallo is Roger Corben. I am really enjoying the Superman titles.
    Last edited by Mister BoMan; 03-20-2017 at 05:54 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd pay good money to keep anyone even resembling Lobdell off the Superman books forever

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd pay good money to keep anyone even resembling Lobdell off the Superman books forever
    Well at least we got H'el out of him right?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    We are two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well at least we got H'el out of him right?
    That's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    We are two.
    Three, at least.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    That's not a good thing.
    Especially when you realize H'El was originally Lobdell's idea for Nu Bizarro. Thankfully someone decided that it should be a separate character.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

So was there any New 52 Superman villain that stood out? Well besides the Phantom King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So was there any New 52 Superman villain that stood out? Well besides the Phantom King.
    Vyndktvx, and Superdoom.

Morrison's run had some good antagonists, but not all of them remained villains all the way through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Especially when you realize H'El was originally Lobdell's idea for Nu Bizarro. Thankfully someone decided that it should be a separate character.
    Giving Lobdell so much control over the Super line was a such a huge mistake. From his Superboy, to his Superman run, to his crossovers.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He was there when they needed him. I'm not a big fan but that's frankly as much as anyone can be.