Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

meh, delete. not worth it.

spoilers:
    just testing spoil tags
    end of spoilers
    Edit: ah there we go, thanks Frontier!!
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 03-20-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    No, doing all that stuff for the kid is the "fan-fiction". He's the "real" center of the DCU. The one who is really important (cit. Superwoman #8).
    Well if we really want to get into the weeds I can point out a few things of the last five years being boiled down to lazy fanfic, but either way, it's to be expected. After all, wasn't it DiDio who not so long into the New 52 famously told his writers to approach the New DCU as fanfiction? If this is lazy fanfic it's par for the course, honestly.

I agree though that line in Superwoman laid it on too thick. However, it was no worse than other instances of cornball forced dialogue in other books over the last several years.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    [spoil] + [spoil] with a / in-front for the latter (but after the first bracket) .
    spoilers:
    Testing my self
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default The all spoilers Superman Reborn thread. *SPOILERS*

This is only for people who spoiled themselves on the final issue of Superman Reborn. Spoilers aplenty

So, the new timeline:

I hope they're being smart about this and aren't trying to squeeze Doomsday, the marriage and Jon's birth into the early days of Superman's career because the inevitable compression of super-hero time will only cause problems for them in the future if they ever want Jon to grow into his early teens while maintaining Superman & Lois Lane's eternal youth I'm guessing Lois, Clark & Jon will be spending several years time-locked in one of Brainiac's bottled cities...

What really surprised me was the appearance of Imperiex. They really are bringing back a LOT of old stuff. I mean, was anyone clamoring for the restoration of that terrible character or crossover into current continuity?

How much of Morrison's origin seems unclear at this point. Hopefully some of it sticks around, but they explicitly state that the new history is a combination of both.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 03-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.

At the very least I hope he keeps the Morrison origin.

So since it clearly says spoilers in the title you have entered on your own risk. I saw the spoilers and at the very least I want the Morrison origin. And why is Ulysses there? Was it because he was created by Johns? Why not H'el as well? Well the only good thing here for me is seeing Hank back.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is only for people who spoiled themselves on the final issue of Superman Reborn. Spoilers aplenty

So, the new timeline:

I hope they're being smart about this and aren't trying to squeeze Doomsday, the marriage and Jon's birth into the early days of Superman's career because the inevitable compression of super-hero time will only cause problems for them in the future if they ever want Jon to grow into his early teens while maintaining Superman & Lois Lane's eternal youth I'm guessing Lois, Clark & Jon will be spending several years time-locked in one of Brainiac's bottled cities...

What really surprised me was the appearance of Imperiex. They really are bringing back a LOT of old stuff. I mean, was anyone clamoring for the restoration of that terrible character or crossover into current continuity?

How much of Morrison's origin seems unclear at this point. Hopefully some of it sticks around, but they explicitly state that the new history is a combination of both.
    Yeah, we still don't have much to go on with that double spread besides confirmed secret origins is gonna be the canon origin for this reborn Superman. It seems like it's the next 2 issues of action comics that are supposed to explain the continuity better that is gonna be what we can actually infer from, since this spread didn't bother to include much new 52 elements besides Ulysses.

I honestly like all this, but I'm gonna need more to go on. Like, why is Superdad and his family moving out of Hamilton if in this new timeline they were never strangers and never hard to be farmers? And for things like death of superman, how did that aftermath go down in the new 52, did we still get 90s superboy?

Also, is it weird to anyone else that Superman went so many years without meeting Kara with this new origin, since Kara will still be 16?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It feels a freaking mess. Did they de-aged Jon? Cause he's supposed to be 10. The JL was formed around 10 years ago. When the death of superman and the marriage are supposed to happened? Before the JL forming?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, we still don't have much to go on with that double spread besides confirmed secret origins is gonna be the canon origin for this reborn Superman. It seems like it's the next 2 issues of action comics that are supposed to explain the continuity better that is gonna be what we can actually infer from, since this spread didn't bother to include much new 52 elements besides Ulysses.

I honestly like all this, but I'm gonna need more to go on. Like, why is Superdad and his family moving out of Hamilton if in this new timeline they were never strangers and never hard to be farmers? And for things like death of superman, how did that aftermath go down in the new 52, did we still get 90s superboy?

Also, is it weird to anyone else that Superman went so many years without meeting Kara with this new origin, since Kara will still be 16?
    But why only Ulysses though?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    But why only Ulysses though?
    Just a villain we got in the new 52. I don't think it means anything special.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    When I read it, I couldn't stop smiling. I THINK I pretty much got what I was asking for.
    You know this means Convergence didn't happen right? Jon was born in the Fortress, and everyone at the Daily Planet has known him since he was a baby. All just like I imagined it would. This also retcons why they were in Hamilton.

It's akin to Wally West integrating with the New 52. However, like we both postulated, Superman is gaining something that looks more like his Pre-52 stuff.

REALLY glad to see the old foes back

Can someone please post the link to the spoilers or send the link to me as a private message? I can't find it on Bleeding Cool's website through the main page for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a villain we got in the new 52. I don't think it means anything special.
    Probably or maybe because he was created by Geoff Johns. Notice that we don't get H'el either.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Can someone please post the link to the spoilers or send the link to me as a private message? I can't find it on Bleeding Cool's website through the main page for some reason.
    I'm guessing this is ok to post at this point: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...man-lois-lane/

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Probably or maybe because he was created by Geoff Johns. Notice that we don't get H'el either.

I don't care for H'el, but I think it just depends on if a writer cares to use him enough.