Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It feels a freaking mess. Did they de-aged Jon? Cause he's supposed to be 10. The JL was formed around 10 years ago. When the death of superman and the marriage are supposed to happened? Before the JL forming?
    It's probably more of a 15 year timeline again with most of the pre marriage stories happening in the initial 5 years, with the marriage and Jon's birth happening around year 6 and pretty much everything happens as we've seen it with few changes and retcons.

It's really not that complicated.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's probably more of a 15 year timeline again with most of the pre marriage stories happening in the initial 5 years, with the marriage and Jon's birth happening around year 6 and pretty much everything happens as we've seen it with few changes and retcons.

So there wasn't a JL during the Death of Superman? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

We are getting another Superman origin aren't we?

Yeah, 15 year timeline. With lots of stuff happening circa year five:

Engagement.
    Death.
    Returh.
    Marriage.
    Pregnancy.

The only thing new being the pregnancy. The rest being post-Crisis stories that will just be condensed somewhat. The way I'd do the New 52 merging is have a lot of that stuff being in the first four years. Then the ten years after Jon's birth being the stories set between 1997-2011. Which oddly enough for a comic book timeline doesn't require condensing as that's actually longer than the would-be stated time period. And beyond these general ideas I don't think much anyone would really require hard line clarifications.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-20-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Probably or maybe because he was created by Geoff Johns. Notice that we don't get H'el either.
    Does anyone really want H'el, though?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    We are getting another Superman origin aren't we?
    We're not.

spoilers:
    the image quite clearly cements Johns's Secret Origin as being the canon origin again
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Does anyone really want H'el, though?
    As a concept it's pretty solid, just needs better execution. I don't mention the PK because he is showing up in Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    We're not.

spoilers:
    the image quite clearly cements Johns's Secret Origin as being the canon origin again
    end of spoilers
    Ew. At least pick the superior one called Birthright or just stick to Morrison.

Secret Origin is not cemented. For one, Jor-El looks younger. He has black hair and a beard, not white. Otherwise yes, the imagery is more Donner/Johns than Morrison from the one panel, but its hardly a cementing. In fact the text within the collage drives down HARD that its one big merger of New 52 and post-Crisis. So Secret Origin is not the origin verbatim by any stretch.

Yes this probably means we'll get another retelling eventually.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-20-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I guess Lex is still a good guy and Ulysses is still a thing, which means at least some of N52 history is intact. Not surprising that the Geoff Johns contributions survived, heh. I hope Lex gets his time back as the President of the United States. How many other villains can boast being a former leader of the free world? Anyway this is more or less what I was hoping we'd get. Continuity will likely still be messy in places, but I'm happy with this.

spoilers:
    yeah that last panel all but confirmed who Mr. Oz is
    end of spoilers

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So there wasn't a JL during the Death of Superman? I doubt it.
    Note I said pre marriage first 5 years. In most continuities the JLA forms in Supes first or second year. Doomsday happens in year 4 or 5. Again not that complicated. It's just all compressed.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Secret Origin is not cemented. For one, Jor-El is black hair and a beard, not white. The imagery is more Donner/Johns than Morrison from the one panel, but its hardly a cementing.
    the last thing we need is an excuse to do yet another origin retelling.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 03-21-2017 at 01:10 AM.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Jon was born in the fortress, and Lois & Clark having a kid is not a secret anymore
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, 15 year timeline. With lots of stuff happening circa year five:

Engagement.
    Death.
    Returh.
    Marriage.
    Pregnancy.

The only thing new being the pregnancy. The rest being post-Crisis stories that will just be condensed somewhat. The way I'd do the New 52 merging is have a lot of that stuff being in the first four years. Then the ten years after Jon's birth being the stories set between 1997-2011. Which oddly enough for a comic book timeline doesn't require condensing as that's actually longer than the would-be stated time period. And beyond these general ideas I don't think much anyone would really require hard line clarifications.
    Ugh, I feel like we went back to the post-Infinite Crisis era wondering what is canon and what not and how everything fit with the rest.

It is a concern, that feeling again of so much being up in the air. But on the plus side, time refugee is dead. That more than makes up for it. As for clarifying the new timeline, one can only hope this can be a rare instance where DC learns a lesson, and looks back to the 2000s and realizes they can't leave things in flux for as long as they did back then.