Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics Solicitations for June 2017

http://www.newsarama.com/33667-image...citations.html

New books I'm excited for:

Kill the Minotaur #1 - FINALLY a book using Greek mythology as inspiration! I'll be picking this one up for sure.
    Crosswind #1 - Gail Simone and inspiration from Goodfellas? Sold.

Regular pull:

Deadly Class #30
    LOW #19

On hiatus:
    Lazarus
    Southern Bastards
    Descender
    The Goddamned (KIA?)
    East of West

All-New Member

I might try Crosswind. Otherwise:

The Black Monday Murders
    Deadly Class
    Injection
    Paper Girls
    They're Not Like Us

I'm not sure I'm still interested in Black Magick. Pretty long break on Lazarus...

So Old Guard is going on (at least) six months hiatus five issues in? OK, then. I enjoy Rucka's work tremendously, but I'll be trade-waiting this one.

Getting:
    Savage Dragon
    Youngblood
    Happy to see 3 founder books for this month, now all we need is for Shadowhawk and Cyberforce to come back.

Very excited to finally see Crosswind solicited. Definitely picking this up. Also Copperhead #14 and The Old Guard #5 and possibly Black Magick #6.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Just Kill or Be Killed #10 for me, although I could be tempted by the Tokyo Ghost Deluxe HC. Disappointed there's still no sign of a Spread Deluxe and I'm hoping for a Descender Deluxe soon too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Don't sleep on the new Pop Gun War collection y'all, wonderful lil' series. Whimsical tone, lots of unexpected events occur and it's super accessible for new readers too. Strongly recommend this if you like the art style!

Rucka's gonna Rucka.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So Old Guard is going on (at least) six months hiatus five issues in? OK, then. I enjoy Rucka's work tremendously, but I'll be trade-waiting this one.
    Something seems to be going on with Rucka I think because Lazarus has had a huge delay lately. It could be Lark, but he was such a work horse that Lazarus was almost never late and now there has been a lot of delays on the book. Which sucks because Rucka himself said he saw the book going at least 140 some odd issues last year. Still waiting on issue #26 which it looks like it's finally locked in for March 29 and then Source Book #2 for April 26. As for Old Guard, sales for the first two issues must have been good because Rucka said this was originally planned as a mini but if sales were good could easily extend to more stories.

cc008 made mention of Goddamned. The delays on that is on Jason Aaron. Aaron has so much going on especially with Marvel that that takes top priority. Goddamned is supposed to be back later this year, but we'll see. Same thing happened with Hickman and his creator owned stuff. He had too much on his plate and his Marvel stuff had to get done first.

Looks like The Dying and the Dead has extended from 7 issues to 10!

Getting...

Birthright
    Black Magick (Finally!)
    Copperhead
    Dying and the Dead
    Eclipse
    Eternal Empire
    Green Valley
    Hadrian's Wall
    Injection
    Kill The Minotaur
    Kill Or Be Killed
    Low
    Manifest Destiny
    Old Guard
    Outcast
    Pakliss
    Regression
    Royal City
    Savage Dragon
    Seven To Eternity (New artist for a stand alone story huh?)
    Southern Cross
    Spawn (Friggin McFarlane is taking Szymon Kudranski away from Black Eyed Kids. Final issue (#12) in the arc keeps getting pushed back because McFarlane had to drag him back to Spawn after giving him the boot because he wanted to switch up art styles. Look how that turned out BTW.)
    Wayward

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands
    Black Road
    Black Science
    Descender
    East of West
    Five Ghosts (Announced today that it's 4th arc returns this year with issue #18!)
    Invisible Republic (15 issues done, 15 more to go.)
    Lazarus
    Mechanism
    Monstress
    Postal
    Trees (Warren Ellis and Jason Howard said the book will return. It's on break while they're working on something else.)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 03-21-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Copperhead #14
    Low #19
    Magdalena #4
    The Old Guard #5
    Regression #2
    Renato Jones: Season Two #2
    Spawn #275
    The Walking Dead #168
    Youngblood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands
    Black Road
    Black Science
    Descender
    East of West
    Five Ghosts (Announced today that it's 4th arc returns this year with issue #18!)
    Invisible Republic (15 issues done, 15 more to go.)
    Lazarus
    Mechanism
    Monstress
    Postal
    Trees (Warren Ellis and Jason Howard said the book will return. It's on break while they're working on something else.)
    Also seems like Moonshine might be starting a break or hiatus.

Whoa, September Mourning. I think that was announced three years ago. Ill check that out, maybe Crosswinds after the comiXology price drop, and whatever books listed in my signature releasing that month.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    KILL THE MINOTAUR #1 - This sounds really interesting, and I say that as someone who knows nothinga bout the Minotaur myth.
    ETERNAL EMPIRE #2 - Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn, so fuck yeah!
    EXTREMITY #4
    GOD COUNTRY #6 - Miniseries? Huh... thought it was an ongoing. Haven't been enjoying it as much as some, but I might as well finish it.
    KILL OR BE KILLED #10
    OUTCAST #29

Maybe:
    SEPTEMBER MOURNING, VOL. 1 - This is giving me mad emo ya novel vibes (the name ALONE...), but it sounds sort of interesting.
    SUN BAKERY #5
    GRRL SCOUTS: MAGIC SOCKS #2 (OF 6)
    THE OLD GUARD #5 - First issue didn't grab me until the very end, so might just trade wait.
    ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN #3
    SAMARITAN #2
    YOUNGBLOOD #2 - This REALLY depends on the first issue
    TOKYO GHOST DELUXE EDITION HC - I've heard decent things about this series (I think), and like the concept, so maybe.

Random thoughts:

Wow, Opena's off Seven to Eternity already? I didn't enjoy the first issue and dropped the series, but I was gonna give it another chance down the line in trade JUST for Opena's art. Oh well.

Well, now I know Dying and the Dead is a miniseries. Aaaaand tradewaiting.

Y'know what? I don't question that Paper Girls has the best quality paper. It;s Vaughan, he can do that shit
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Good to see Black Magick FINALLY back. I have just started re-reading the first arc to get in the mood.

Amazing Member

Let's see.

For sure:

Black Magick #6 - about time...
    The Dying and the Dead #5 - I'm not sure that this one is going to be published so soon, but if it is, I'm game.
    Eternal Empire #2 - Luna & Vaughn. I'm in.
    Invincible #137 - Sure, it's ending soon...
    Kill or be Killed #10 - Brubaker and Phillips are automatic buy.
    Paper Girls #15 - It's a good, fun comic.
    Royal City #4 - Really liked the first issue. Plus, Lemire as an one-band-man is the best kind of Lemire.
    Saga #44 - I will stick with this as long as Vaughan and Staples want to do it.
    Sex Criminals #20 - best Fraction comic out there, best Zdarski comic out there.
    Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #25 - I have to catch up...
    Underwinter #4 - Really, REALLY good first issue.

Maybe:

Crosswind #1 - Simone is usually hit or miss for me, so this one will depend on the reviews...
    The Black Monday Murders #7 - Not sure of this one yet.
    Injection #14 - Thinking about this one.
    Mirror #9 - I have to read the first arc yet
    The Old Guard #5 - I love Rucka, but the first number left me cold...

On hiatus:

Autumnlands
    Southern Bastards
    The Goddamned
    East of West
    Frontier
    Manhattan Projects
    Lazarus
    Descender
    Moonshine
    Rumble
    Last edited by Alhazred; 03-24-2017 at 06:27 PM.