Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nick Fury by Robinson and ACO

Newsarama has the full unlettered preview here
    We need better comics

Trippy .

Mighty Member

You know what? I prefer this look. Clean shaven, white eyepatch, nice suit. It makes him look far less generic.

BANNED

Amazed its taking Marvel so long to make a Nick Fury book like this. The character concept always screamed for a return to the Steranko, stylish super spy adventures in compact one-to-three issue stories. That's a unique aesthetic in the Marvel Universe they need to embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Amazed its taking Marvel so long to make a Nick Fury book like this. The character concept always screamed for a return to the Steranko, stylish super spy adventures in compact one-to-three issue stories. That's a unique aesthetic in the Marvel Universe they need to embrace.
    100% agreed. I just hope this title gets the support it needs to thrive.

Gorgeous artwork. Sold!

...and I loved that LandCover!
    land greg land.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Some very nice artwork. Reminiscent of Steranko's Fury.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Some very nice artwork. Reminiscent of Steranko's Fury.
    And that's very deliberate, I imagine .

Astonishing Member

Wow.
    Reminds me a lot of Steranko art.
    Cool preview.

BANNED

Absolutely getting this. That art is too gorgeous to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Absolutely getting this. That art is too gorgeous to pass on.
    It does look good, and really enjoyed the Steranko run on Shield when I read it recently.

But I never buy unless story is good...so hoping in fullness of time story gets well reviewed so I've got an "excuse" to buy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It does look good, and really enjoyed the Steranko run on Shield when I read it recently.

But I never buy unless story is good...so hoping in fullness of time story gets well reviewed so I've got an "excuse" to buy.
    James Robinson is a reliable writer. I always feel reasonably safe picking up a book with his name on it.

Incredible Member

James Robinson is a reliable writer. I always feel reasonably safe picking up a book with his name on it.
    For his Marvel work that's true (it NEARLY is for DC too just don't mention CRY FOR JUSTICE to me!). He's one of the most reliably consistent writers out there IMHO though.

I have to say I'm very much looking forward to this series.

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Definitely. Mid level FIELD operative. Arcs of 3 issues or less.

That's something the elder Nick Fury can't do anymore (and shouldn't be required to do, no matter what his current status).

It's fair to say I've really enjoyed everything of his I've read (Leave it to Chance, Londons' Dark, Illegal Alien, The Golden Age, and his run on Starman)....so there's a strong argument to buy immediately.

The only two problems is that I'm a tight fisted git, and many people do regard him as a writer that does knock out stuff varying wildly in quantity.

But, you've gone a long way to persuading me....will most likely give it a go next time I'm short of reading material.