Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Default X position: Cullen Bunn "Magneto Machinations"

http://www.cbr.com/x-position-x-men-...FB-P&view=list

Only four people knows that Magneto is alive (not counting Elixir and Exodus)
    Cullen has plans for Elixir and Exodus but not soon
    Emma is very important to the book
    Monet will not appear
    All the supporting cast is new except for one (most probably Briar)
    Last edited by sallyblevins; 03-22-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Ah old time Danger Room battles.

Despite putting a fight, I got the feeling that Magneto had somewhat of a death wish during his fight with Psylocke. It felt like he was okay and at peace with his life coming to an end there. Will this fight with Betsy affect him during your run on “X-Men Blue”?

Hey, Kevin. I think Magneto having a death wish is pretty close to the truth. Did it feel to you like he might have been holding back a little? Like he might have been planning to die? Elixir was right there, ready to bring him back, wasn’t he? The fight will continue to have long-lasting ramifications for Magneto, both internally and externally.

First and foremost, Psylocke went and blabbed to everyone that she killed Magneto. Now everybody thinks he’s dead.

Piggybacking off that answer, Endsong has a Q about Magneto’s new status quo.

Are the Original X-Men, Elixir, and Exodus the only people that know that Magneto is alive going forward?

Ohhhh, good question, Endsong. I was about to answer with a resounding “yes” but that wouldn’t be exactly right. In addition to the characters you mentioned, there are four other people who know Magneto is alive.

http://www.cbr.com/x-position-x-men-blue-cullen-bunn/
    Who are the four? Any guesses?

Bunn's so danged good at being a tease! XD

I was pleased to see Stevie Hunter's name crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Who are the four? Any guesses?
    Briar has to be one of them.

The return of Stevie Hunter! Such great news.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    The return of Stevie Hunter! Such great news.
    I don't think he meant Stevie was returning. It seemed more like he was bringing her up as a classic supporting cast member that really added to the book way back when, hence his building his own supporting cast for this book. I do appreciate the sentiment. One of the things that's really been lacking from the X-Books for ages is the presence of grounded supporting cast. Stevie, Tom, Shanon, Lee, Opal, Amanda, Charlotte, and even partial antagonists like Trish helped link the X-Men to the world outside of Westchester, and the books have been lesser for losing that.

Amazing Member

I like that they brought up a question regarding how divisive the O5 are amongst fans. I'm one of those who are very skeptical of them. But, to be honest, Mr. Bunn is saying all the right things about what he wants to do with them in Blue. I was going to get this title regardless because 1. If Marvel wants to put the X-men back in the spotlight, I'm gonna support that and 2. It's Bunn.

The question mentioned Bendis specifically, and judging by the worst X-writers thread, a lot of people here didn't like his run on ANXM and UXM. It's funny though, if you look at goodreads or Amazon or Comixology, all volumes of Bendis two runs have good reviews/scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Briar has to be one of them.
    That one is a given.

BANNED

Why X-men should be ok with Psylocke if she killed Magneto?

The talk of there being a "theme" to which new members join the team seems to point to what everyone already suspected in that it's mostly going to be AU/time displaced characters.

Quote Originally Posted by EcoBatman View Post
    The question mentioned Bendis specifically, and judging by the worst X-writers thread, a lot of people here didn't like his run on ANXM and UXM. It's funny though, if you look at goodreads or Amazon or Comixology, all volumes of Bendis two runs have good reviews/scores.
    The opinion of Wednesday Warriors on fan forums and the casual reader frequently don't line up. A lot of the time, they're two different audiences looking for different things in their entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think he meant Stevie was returning. It seemed more like he was bringing her up as a classic supporting cast member that really added to the book way back when, hence his building his own supporting cast for this book. I do appreciate the sentiment. One of the things that's really been lacking from the X-Books for ages is the presence of grounded supporting cast. Stevie, Tom, Shanon, Lee, Opal, Amanda, Charlotte, and even partial antagonists like Trish helped link the X-Men to the world outside of Westchester, and the books have been lesser for losing that.
    Well, I hope you're wrong, my good friend. We all know Bobby is gonna take up some dance classes.
    Last edited by gifted; 03-22-2017 at 07:13 AM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

He always says the right things. <3

Can't wait to meet the new Stevie Hunter!

Also, since Emma will be appearing in Blue, but Monet, Jono and Jubilee are in another book, could the Gen X reunion teased a while ago actually be between Emma and Sean? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Why X-men should be ok with Psylocke if she killed Magneto?
    The X-Men like Psylocke think he helped Emma right? Most of them would yawn.

Polaris not so much (not that she is an X-Man) who would likely make her pay for it but I have my doubts on his ability to actually hide being alive from her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-22-2017 at 07:26 AM.

MarvelMaster616 wants to make sure you haven’t forgotten a major component of X-lore.

In a previous X-POSITION, the X-editors hinted that a familiar love triangle would be forming in the pages of “X-Men Blue.” Without spoilers, what can you tell us about that? Who will be involved and how will it unfold?

Nice try, MarvelMaster616! But if I tell you who is involved and how it will unfold, that would be spoiling it! All I can say is that I’m not going to forget the romance, and I feel like what I have planned will be a tribute to classic X-Men tales of young love.
    I wanted romance. But this does not sound good. "Classic X-Men tales of young love"-why does that line worry me?