Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The only thing that severely annoys me is the lack of female characters in the core team so far. The X-Men franchise has always been about women in the forefront to me (thanks CC), and that's probably why I've never warmed up to the O5. Bunch of dudes and Jean. And now the next addition will probably be Jimmy Hudson. Where are the ladies, man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The X-Men like Psylocke think he helped Emma right? Most of them would yawn.

Polaris not so much (not that she is an X-Man) but I have my doubts on his ability to actually hide being alive from her.
    Really? If X-men would be ok with killing... then Inhumans would have big losses in last event...
    Especially if we are talking about Ressurextion... X-men try to be a heroes again and they are fine with killing? Their own people?
    strange for me.
    I think that other books will ignore this but we will see.
    and using Your logic Polaris should be happy that he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    The only thing that severely annoys me is the lack of female characters in the core team so far. The X-Men franchise has always been about women in the forefront to me (thanks CC), and that's probably why I've never warmed up to the O5. Bunch of dudes and Jean. And now the next addition will probably be Jimmy Hudson. Where are the ladies, man?
    I've never really been able to pinpoint why I'm not a huge fan of the O5 together, but this hits the nail on the head. All the characters (except Beast) are fine, but together, they don't feel like a proper X-men team because of the work Claremont put into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Really? If X-men would be ok with killing... then Inhumans would have big losses in last event...
    Especially if we are talking about Ressurextion... X-men try to be a heroes again and they are fine with killing? Their own people?
    strange for me.
    I think that other books will ignore this but we will see.
    and using Your logic Polaris should be happy that he is dead.
    It's not my logic it's comic book X-Men logic that Magneto gets held to a different standard to the Inhuman 'Heroes' as a in he past villain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I've never really been able to pinpoint why I'm not a huge fan of the O5 together, but this hits the nail on the head. All the characters (except Beast) are fine, but together, they don't feel like a proper X-men team because of the work Claremont put into the series.
    Yep, Washy.

And there are so many female students that can't be put on this team! Apparently, Kymera has been teased by Bunn on twitter. I'm glad. It wouldn't be my first choice (lol it wouldn't be my 100 choice), but at least it's someone that can bring something new.

BANNED

It's not my logic it's comic book X-Men logic that Magneto gets held to a different standard to the Inhuman 'Heroes' as a in he past villain.
    I thought that Bunn is better than that.
    It will be ignored or even worse... It won't be...

It's weeks that we know there will be at least another female character in the cast...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I wanted romance. But this does not sound good. "Classic X-Men tales of young love"-why does that line worry me?
    You tell us - why does it worry you?

I don't really feel like there's much to read from it personally. Young characters will have young love and young love tends to be more dramatic and tumultuous.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Bunn did a great interview. Can't wait to read.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

And don’t think I’m not sympathetic. When I was first given this project, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. I liked the characters just fine, but they weren’t my X-team. It wasn’t until I started writing the book that I realized how much fun I was having with them and how I was still able to channel the classic X-sensibilities that I loved through this book and these characters.
    I love his honesty! Really, I have to tip my hat off to a writer who plainly admits that they may not have been completely excited by a writing assignment and the cast involved and that it took them a while to realize that they actually do like writing these characters and can find something interesting in them. So many writers just blindly praise everything and never admit having ANY issues with the cast or assignment they've been given. Bunn not doing that makes me respect him as a writer even more than I did before.

And he clearly is a hardcore X-fan who knows these characters and knows their histories, both recent and classic so he can approach them from a perspective that other writers can't who have never been very passionate about the X-Men. And I feel that this is exactly the type of writer X-Men need! Someone who loves the characters and cares about them and wants to do their absolutely best.

I think Bunn just convinced me to give this book a try (even though I'm pretty tired of O5 & their plot by now)! And I'll definitely stay on board if Jimmy Hudson gets involved! I liked his character and I'm happy to see him still around even post-UU & SW.

The X-Men like Psylocke think he helped Emma right? Most of them would yawn.

Polaris not so much (not that she is an X-Man) who would likely make her pay for it but I have my doubts on his ability to actually hide being alive from her.
    They all helped Emma.

Yep, Washy.

And there are so many female students that can't be put on this team! Apparently, Kymera has been teased by Bunn on twitter. I'm glad. It wouldn't be my first choice (lol it wouldn't be my 100 choice), but at least it's someone that can bring something new.
    I'd be interested to see Kymera just because the X-books (mainly Claremont and Carey) have a history of plucking a characters from obscurity who's only appeared in a few issues and making them stars. The current creators don't take those kinds of risks any more. It would be more fun if it were someone more out of nowhere like Sketch or Mary Margaret, but if they can do fun things with Kymera, but I'd be okay with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    They all helped Emma.
    Magneto went along with the dead Cyclop's lie though. On panel, nobody found out about that thought besides Mosaic. Wonder how Tyke would react knowing they way he flipped on Emma for the lie?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The more I learn about Blue the less interested I become in it. I'll still check out the first issue but it will have to be pretty damn good to get me to stick around, and quite frankly, I'm not nearly as enamored with Bunn's writing as the rest of these boards seem to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Magneto went along with the dead Cyclop's lie though. On panel, nobody found out about that thought besides Mosaic. Wonder how Tyke would react knowing they way he flipped on Emma for the lie?
    Tyke has knowledge that Magneto was wroking with Emma. All New X-men 18.
    He saw that Magneto knew that Cyclops died because of M-pox.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/CfD0eQkpY1y...a3LTF4hTa-g=s0