Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I'm tired of a vocal group of fans acting like they speak for the majority.

"Oh the original 5 suck! They don't sell and will never happen! Why does Marvel keep pushing them?!?"

They were consistently the best selling book the last time all 5 were together outselling basically the same current Gold line up.

"No racial diversity blah blah blah."

I don't know about you, but I can relate to someone through their actions and feelings regardless of what race they are. To say some race quota needs to be filled for good stories to be told or to somehow make a better team is rather short sighted.
    And I'm tired of you saying "**** diversity", but that won't stop you as well, will it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't personally have a problem with the O5 lineup but you gotta stop saying that...
    Stop saying what? That people should stop acting like they can only enjoy a book if x amount of POCS are shown?

I'm tired of a vocal group of fans acting like they speak for the majority.

"Oh the original 5 suck! They don't sell and will never happen! Why does Marvel keep pushing them?!?"

They were consistently the best selling book the last time all 5 were together outselling basically the same current Gold line up.

"No racial diversity blah blah blah."

I don't know about you, but I can relate to someone through their actions and feelings regardless of what race they are. To say some race quota needs to be filled for good stories to be told or to somehow make a better team is rather short sighted.
    IA. The team is based on a specific era and the lineup is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Whether or not it matters to you, representation is important.

As for the fact that other peoples' opinions are so offensive to you, well, that's your problem.
    No book is going to represent everyone and thats fine. Its not like there arent other options in Marvel to get ones fix

BANNED

I'm not saying **** diversity. I'm saying it's fucking comic book. Why don't you people learn to enjoy it for entertainment instead of turning it into some sort of racial soapbox.

BANNED

Well to be real and non Republican about it...the Lily white thing is offensive to everyday life. The World is diverse and when the X men got hot, they were diverse under Claremont with Storm in the lead and a Holocaust survivor having all the motivation in the world to justify his actions.

I'm not saying **** diversity. I'm saying it's fucking comic book. Why don't you people learn to enjoy it for entertainment instead of turning it into some sort of racial soapbox.
    Literally ONE person mentioned racial diversity in this thread by saying Kymera would bring "some diversity" to the book. That's it.

BANNED

That was in reference to him and various others I've seen in the other Blue threads.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. The team is based on a specific era and the lineup is what it is.
    That's true of the O5, but when a writer adds up to four additional characters to the line-up and it's still mostly white and male, then that's a choice. Again, not a great one.

The entire status quo of the X-Men, from the beginning, has heavily co-opted the struggles of marginalized peoples but featuring straight, white, cis characters. It's distasteful and disrespectful to actual marginalized identities, in addition to being a poor reflection of the diversity of reality in the US.

Part of me really hopes this book just crashes and burns so that would make Marvel consider getting rid of he O5, even though I would feel bad for Bunn. I still feel it is a waste to put Bunn on their book and he could be better served elsewhere. I mean it has been several years now and I still don't think the O5 have been worth all the time and effort Marvel has pumped into them. Maybe there could have been some truly great stories told with them, but they have just failed to do anything interesting.

So much more could have been done. Having Emma train Jean could have been great, but it went nowhere and was done way too late. Now Emma is some crazy villain. Jean/Cyclops/X-23 could have been an interesting twist on an old love triangle, but nothing happened with it after some setup and will probably do a less interesting Scott/Jean/Jimmy Hudson triangle. Teen Beast really interacting with Adult Beast and seeing just how much of a monster and tortured person he has become after all this mistakes could have been great, but they have barely had any screen time together. Beast is the reason they are there in the first place and that feels like a dead plotline now. The few instances Jean interacted with Adult Scott was really powerful, but that also barely happened. Taking so long for Jean to finally interact with Rachel. Teen Scott interacting with his adult self, learning about Havoc, Cable and his whole past including all the problems with Sinister.

Sure, teen Angel and Iceman have been completely worthless, but with the others there could have been some really interesting things done. Instead we got **** like Battle of the Atom, the O5 and Kitty joining Cyclops X-Men only to barely interact with them just because Bendis didn't want his characters around characters he wasn't writing, Hopeless' awful O5 road trip series, Jean being worthless in EXM outside some moments with OML, Cyclops getting a solo that was a waste in the end, and so on. It is just so frustrating. /end rant

If we're getting time/dimension-displaced successors in this book, I'd much rather have Nocturne than characters like Kymera.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'd really like to see Kymera added to the group. I think her and Jean could develop a friendship akin to what older Jean and Storm had. I'd really like to see that if Kymera joined the O5.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    His current status quo is that he want people to believe that he is dead but he still have things to do. So he took a team to act for him. The bigger question is what is the O5 motivation in working with him?
    My guess is they feel more capable of keeping an eye on magneto better than the current xmen, so they figure if they work with him they can keep an eye on him
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Part of me really hopes this book just crashes and burns so that would make Marvel consider getting rid of he O5, even though I would feel bad for Bunn. I still feel it is a waste to put Bunn on their book and he could be better served elsewhere. I mean it has been several years now and I still don't think the O5 have been worth all the time and effort Marvel has pumped into them. Maybe there could have been some truly great stories told with them, but they have just failed to do anything interesting.

So much more could have been done. Having Emma train Jean could have been great, but it went nowhere and was done way too late. Now Emma is some crazy villain. Jean/Cyclops/X-23 could have been an interesting twist on an old love triangle, but nothing happened with it after some setup and will probably do a less interesting Scott/Jean/Jimmy Hudson triangle. Teen Beast really interacting with Adult Beast and seeing just how much of a monster and tortured person he has become after all this mistakes could have been great, but they have barely had any screen time together. Beast is the reason they are there in the first place and that feels like a dead plotline now. The few instances Jean interacted with Adult Scott was really powerful, but that also barely happened. Taking so long for Jean to finally interact with Rachel. Teen Scott interacting with his adult self, learning about Havoc, Cable and his whole past including all the problems with Sinister.

Sure, teen Angel and Iceman have been completely worthless, but with the others there could have been some really interesting things done. Instead we got **** like Battle of the Atom, the O5 and Kitty joining Cyclops X-Men only to barely interact with them just because Bendis didn't want his characters around characters he wasn't writing, Hopeless' awful O5 road trip series, Jean being worthless in EXM outside some moments with OML, Cyclops getting a solo that was a waste in the end, and so on. It is just so frustrating. /end rant
    Well originally the 05 had top sales until Gillen overtook it. So the push worked at first.

Emma training Jean? Horrible idea. It would be like kissing on Jean fans. The stuck up blonde who Scott had a psychic affair with is the key to helping teen Jean? Nah..that should be Rachel, Storm, or Magneto, who can teach any mutant how to control their powers better than anyone.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 03-22-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Where are people getting this that Kymera is joining? I looked at that interview and didnt even see her mentioned

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where are people getting this that Kymera is joining? I looked at that interview and didnt even see her mentioned
    I think it's all still speculation based on the fact that Bunn mentioned 2( or 3 depending on how you look at it) members would to joining Blue. So people thought of Kymera and her cat. Someone asked about her on his twitter and he said there's a good chance she would show up.

Not so enthused about Kymera or Jimmy Hudson if the speculation is to believed. Blink, Husk, Daken etc would be better