Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I think it's all still speculation based on the fact that Bunn mentioned 2( or 3 depending on how you look at it) members would to joining Blue. So people thought of Kymera and her cat. Someone asked about her on his twitter and he said there's a good chance she would show up.

Not so enthused about Kymera or Jimmy Hudson if the speculation is to believed. Blink, Husk, Daken etc would be better
    that seems so random though. I had to google as I had no idea who people were talking about and assumed this was a new character he was creating and talked about

BANNED

or Sunpyre for the "diversity". jk

I just like her powers and she is more interesting than Kymera.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that seems so random though. I had to google as I had no idea who people were talking about and assumed this was a new character he was creating and talked about
    Yeah made her first appearance in BOTA, and then stayed in this period. Her cat left a better impression than she did.

It's not baseless speculation. Bunn teased Kymera on twitter:

https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...08770829242370

I am so over these weird time-paradox characters but Corporal Scott Summers, Kymera, Jimmy, Nocturne, Sunpyre, and AoA Colossus >>> O5.

I am so all over the place with my feelings about this book. I can't wait for the first issue to come out to help cement my opinion somewhere.

Honestly I'm more excited for Blue than Gold. I love the way Bunn approaches things.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Honestly I'm more excited for Blue than Gold. I love the way Bunn approaches things.
    me too. It felt like it would be more like the "B-team" (no pun intended) but its shaping up to be the flagship for me. I like the direction and it seems to be doing something different whereas Gold feels like more of the same, trying to grasp onto 80s nostalgia. Blue is only 60s nostalgia on the surface but what we've seen and heard seems rather exciting

I would just love for Mimic to show up and help out Jean and the rest of them.

me too. It felt like it would be more like the "B-team" (no pun intended) but its shaping up to be the flagship for me. I like the direction and it seems to be doing something different whereas Gold feels like more of the same, trying to grasp onto 80s nostalgia. Blue is only 60s nostalgia on the surface but what we've seen and heard seems rather exciting
    Yes, I have high hopes for this title even if I don't see a clear role on it for Lorna it looks like the best of the coming x-titles.

The O5s success was solely down to Bendis this was shown in the bad sales of All New X-Men v2 and Extraordinary X-Men. Well at least Bunn is honest that this team was forced on him. That's never a good sign for any book

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Out of all of the ResurrXtion titles X-men: Blue is the one that catches my attention the most. Bunn does seems like he cares a lot about the X-men and so far from what I read from most of his interviews it sounds like X-men: Blue could be a cool book and I'm really looking forward to it. I am interested to see why the 05 kids are working with Magneto. I also like the art too, so that's a plus. That being said I am worry about how Emma is going to use in the book. I really hope she isn't a straight up full blown villain, I could accept her being a much darker character who's views no longer aligns with the X-men. But I just, I don't know I just hate the whole fact that Emma is now a villain. It's just going to suck seeing the X-men having to fight someone who has been on their team for years. His answer does sound a little hopeful to me that maybe this is just a temporary thing, or maybe I'm just looking too deeply at his answer.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Out of all of the ResurrXtion titles X-men: Blue is the one that catches my attention the most. Bunn does seems like he cares a lot about the X-men and so far from what I read from most of his interviews it sounds like X-men: Blue could be a cool book and I'm really looking forward to it. I am interested to see why the 05 kids are working with Magneto. I also like the art too, so that's a plus. That being said I am worry about how Emma is going to use in the book. I really hope she isn't a straight up full blown villain, I could accept her being a much darker character who's views no longer aligns with the X-men. But I just, I don't know I just hate the whole fact that Emma is now a villain. It's just going to suck seeing the X-men having to fight someone who has been on their team for years. His answer does sound a little hopeful to me that maybe this is just a temporary thing, or maybe I'm just looking too deeply at his answer.
    I don't know he actually states that he will be appearing exactly how she was in IvX. And that's the thing her motivation has never been explained as there was no issue from her perspective just everyone else's. Regardless a year from now we will have a second reboot of these ongoing so we will wait till something interesting eventually pops up. This is the first time in a while there has been no book I've been interested in picking up. At least the last era had uncanny xmen

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The O5s success was solely down to Bendis this was shown in the bad sales of All New X-Men v2 and Extraordinary X-Men. Well at least Bunn is honest that this team was forced on him. That's never a good sign for any book
    neither book featured the O5 and the magic is lost when the group is separated. Neither ANX nor Extraordinary were good books with or without those characters. Sales for ALL the X-men team titles were bad. This past year was not a good time for the X-line overall.

neither book featured the O5 and the magic is lost when the group is separated. Neither ANX nor Extraordinary were good books with or without those characters. Sales for ALL the X-men team titles were bad. This past year was not a good time for the X-line overall.
    All new xmen had 4 characters and extraordinary xmen had the other one with a popular cast. Bendis had that book drive the stories of the franchise and everything centred around it. With multiple crossovers created because Bendis has that ability to do that.

The book sold because Bendis elevated its importance. It had nothing to do with cast

My biggest takeaways from the interview...

To some degree, there’s not a lot I can say. A lot of fans like to cross their arms, plant their feet, and refuse to change their minds. That can be truly frustrating for a writer like me who truly cares about these characters and these stories.
    And don’t think I’m not sympathetic. When I was first given this project, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. I liked the characters just fine, but they weren’t my X-team. It wasn’t until I started writing the book that I realized how much fun I was having with them and how I was still able to channel the classic X-sensibilities that I loved through this book and these characters.
    I’ll leave it at this: Readers have been demanding a return to glory for the X-Men, and they’re getting it. These are fun, dramatic adventures with a classic X-vibe. When my “Uncanny X-Men” run was announced, there were so many people who balked at it because they had pre-conceived notions about the team. I feel like I proved a good many of them wrong. Let’s see if I can do the same here.
    And, hey, even if you hate the O5, I promise you there will be so many mutants — heroes and villains, new and old. fan favorites and long forgotten — appearing in this book, you’ll not want to miss it.

So, when I was assigned this book, I was asked to start with the Original Five X-Men. I could — and will — add to the team, but the O5 were my starting point for the first few issues. The characters I add, though, will fit into a specific theme that I have in mind. I just typed out (and then deleted) the details of that theme, but I think it would spoil too much about what’s coming.

Nice to see that Bunn had similar concerns to some of us readers but has taken the assignment as a creative challenge that's he's enjoying. I'll be along for the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'