Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #19 Discussion (SPOILERS)

UMMMMM. WOW.

No more time at the moment...but WOW.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

OOPS! MODs can you change the title to Wonder Woman #19 Discussion and Spoilers

Have not read it yet but is Dr.Posion a good standalone villain or is she generic ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Have not read it yet but is Dr.Posion a good standalone villain or is she generic ?
    So far, she's the Leader of POISON, who are working with Cale and Cyber...so not stand alone currently.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She didn't do much until the end (where she did get a big blow in on Diana). It's strange, it felt more like this should've had the Doctor Cyber cover instead since she did more in the issue, and Poison next cover.

Anyway, I liked it. I need to go back and reread the last few issues because I can't for the life of me remember how she snapped out of her lunacy so quickly. It certainly can't just be seeing Ferdinand, since he has (presumably) had less of an impact on her life than Steve, Etta, and Barbara Ann.

I'm not a HUGE fan of Doctor Poison's codename being shifted to "Colonel Poison," but whatevs. I'll get over it. I just hope we see more science-y stuff in her future.

Doctor Cyber was great. She's nothing like her original incarnation (which was fantastic for the 70's), but that's okay. She's a really fun villain that I hope future writers stick with after Rucka eventually leaves. I do hope we find out who is responsible for The Lies soon, though. I'm losing patience.

Also I'm getting some slight suspiciousness coming from Castalia.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While she's not the unhinged sadistic Eric Luke version, Dr.(aka Colonel) Poison made a very big mark on Wonder Woman history today being one of the few people to actually shoot and penetrate Wonder Woman's skin. Nice to see Diana wearing the cape again. Ferdinand never really stuck out to me in Rucka's previous run but like Veronica Cale, he's growing on me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Any hints that Cale is really Clea re-loaded? There's that bit about the pearl necklace being so important to her, and there's that thing with her daughter, ..and, of course, that name?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Any hints that Cale is really Clea re-loaded? There's that bit about the pearl necklace being so important to her, and there's that thing with her daughter, ..and, of course, that name?

What does Cale's daughter have anything to do with Queen Clea?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What does Cale's daughter have anything to do with Queen Clea?
    Dyer believes Cale is a revamp of Queen Clea. I believe Cale is a revamp of Paula von Gunther.

Hm. Can you give a quick run down of Queen Clea? Not familiar...

That's a biiiig stretch, even for you.

Cale and Clea have nothing in common other than they're blondes and have daughters (though I've always imagined Clea's daughter was adopted as I can't see someone who hates men as much as she does laying with one).

Besides that, Veronica Cale first appeared literally a handful of issues after Queen Clea's Skartaris scheme from Jimenez's run.

In conclusion, Cale isn't a reimagining of anyone.

Always Rakzo

Some solid character bits here and there but I still really dislike what has been done to Cheetah's character, she's simply too weak in terms of personality and will.

Aaaaand Sharp is not getting better, some character models looked awkward and the storytelling was even worse at times.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hm. Can you give a quick run down of Queen Clea? Not familiar...
    Yet another of Diana's classic villains I can't believe has been so neglected by writers.

Queen of an Atlantean city-state called Venturia. Rules her own kingdom. Hates men (they are slaves.) Loves magical artifacts.

How is this lady NOT one of Diana's biggest villains?

Anyway, I don't think Cale is a revamped Queen Clea. Literally the only things they have in common is they're both blonde, both have daughters, and both like pearls. Although in Cale's case, the pearls have actual significance to her character. Clea just wears pearls because she's an undersea queen and what else would an undersea queen wear as a sign of her wealth?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Oh! And I loved this issue!

THIS is exactly the kind of high-level exposure Diana's rogues need if they are EVER to be taken seriously.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Maybe whoever set up "the lies" is Doctor Manhattan/Mr Oz?

I have given it some thought and it's the probably plausible solution since Cyber already admitted it was not her. I have to reread but it's still a great issue, though imo still not as good as #17 which was the best one for me.