Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Anyone else disappointed in the New Doctor Cyber?

She's just some hologram? THAT'S making her a threat?!!

The whole evil female Iron Man idea is so obvious that I have no clue how we got stuck with this.

Astonishing Member

I quite like it. Sure, she's just been a support villain, so far, but there's a solid foundation on which to build for her own stories down the road.

Mighty Member

I like the new Cyber. She's got an amusing personality, a sympathetic backstory, and dangerous powers. I look forward to seeing where Rucka takes the character.

Don't know what you mean by iron man thing when the original also was wearing a high tech suit.

Thank you for bringing that up...and, yes, I hate her.

Having waited to see a skilled WW writer bring her back, peeking all the previews and being swept up in the hype, what Mr. Rucka delivered is pretty disappointing. Honestly, I expected a foe, who might stand on an equal footing with Doctor Doom or Brainiac. What I got...holographic memes of Adrianna as Valkyries, nurses and school girls? Jokes? Not even sinister, creepy jokes - just ..jokes? I stuffed back my annoyance at this and tried to keep an open mind - still trying - but, [Seriously?]...

This isn't Doctor Cyber.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    She's just some hologram? THAT'S making her a threat?!!

The whole evil female Iron Man idea is so obvious that I have no clue how we got stuck with this.
    Did you miss the part where she's able to control every digital system in the world? Not being snarky here, just genuinely curious how you managed to come away thinking she's "just some hologram."

Oh, and I love the way she looks when she gets truly angry. More villains should look more like Giger paintings!

I think the basic idea is sound a s now that they've found her actual body, maybe she needs the armor to live outside of her chamber....So we can get a more traditional Cyber who can also still control all technology etc....

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Did you miss the part where she's able to control every digital system in the world? Not being snarky here, just genuinely curious how you managed to come away thinking she's "just some hologram."

Oh, and I love the way she looks when she gets truly angry. More villains should look more like Giger paintings!
    I loved the Giger look for Cyber. If only she could be a little more cold and menacing. Thank you for chatting that up.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I think the basic idea is sound a s now that they've found her actual body, maybe she needs the armor to live outside of her chamber....So we can get a more traditional Cyber who can also still control all technology etc....
    That was the body of Sasha Bordeaux (of BATMAN comics) that the found in the coffin or whatever.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-30-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I dunno, this was rather creepy to me.

Wonder Woman (2016-) 019-015.jpg
    Last edited by richalex; 03-30-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I dunno, this* was rather creepy to me. [*Featured image]
    Okay...that was creepy. The face. The engine block growing out of her head. Toward, the end, it had a Pennywise, Freddy Kruegerish creep factor that was undeniable, and that's the page this super-villain needs to stay on. The Ron Marzesque humor did so much to undermine the impact of this reboot, totally didn't belong there, ..and I found that so disappointing. So...unnecessary?

All that aside, this is a new beginning for Doctor Cyber, and I'm so, so-ooo glad Mr. Rucka brought her back. This can be fixed.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post

Exactly. She's a technopath, not just a hologram and her personality cracks me up. I love her make-shift costumes when she's confronting people. While she's vastly different from the old Dr. Cyber, I quite like this new take.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Ehh, I'm not completely sold but not totally put-off either. Its a disappointing run altogether but there's nothing particularly bad about the villains, except me not being into Cale.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-30-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Let me also say that I love the new Villainy, Inc., ..even if we're calling it Godwatch, for now. Cale, Cheetah, Cyber and Poison totally ROCK, as a villain-team. Now, with a NEW Circe up, next issue, and Giganta mentioned...

Loving it.

Giganta was mentioned? Cool! I wonder has she introduces yet? To be honest, I want to see Blue Snow, How would we make her work? I mean she wears a suit and has a machine that freezes things.There are so many villains that are ice based.What can make her special? Maybe the suits somewhat causes her to get real ice powers.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-30-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Giganta was mentioned? Cool! I wonder has she been introduce yet?
    It was either Giganta or Gundra. Can somebody help us out, here?