Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Unworthy Thor #5 SPOILERS... the whisper concludes

- Start with the Unseen/Fury. Who states he never should have taken down the best god of them all and regrets it.

- Thor grabs the hammer, knows he is Thor...

- But it is not his Mjolnir. He leaves it. However, he is the God of thunder once more and uses his powers (yay thunder with no hammer) and BFRs the bad guy trio in one hit

- thori lets everyone out of their cages. Collector is mad but Thor casually takes care of him as well.

- Thor tells bill they are taking Asgard back. the Ult Hammer teleports Asgard away. A sad Collector strangles the last of his soldiers to death

- Thanos is pissed. Saying he expected a tribute from the hooded figure.

- Hooded figure snaps and attacks Swan and Proxima. She... kills them? at least beats the crap out of them. Proxima looks dead though

- Hela reveals herself.

- She promises Thanos more than hammers and gems... Death

- Hela and Thanos kiss (is this set up for Infinity War??????????)

- Asgard is "back to where it belongs" Bill talks about the Hammer. Asked if thor could havelifted it if he wanted too. Thor talks about protecting it and waiting for whoever hammer it is to hear its call, like Mjolnir called to Jane. Thor says "no god is worthy"

- Bill is confused. Thor reveals what Fury said to him

"Gorr was right"

thor no longer believes gods are worthy of mortals loves. And that they would be better off without gods

- Bill is dumbfounded. Says that even if Thor was right... says that Thor is no mere God. and no matter what weapon he holds, he will always be thor

- Thor, Bill, Thori and company drink Mead

- Thor monologues that he may not be what he was, but only a fool would test him

- the War Thor comes and picks up the hammer

and here... we... go!
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-22-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

That's one way to put him back as Thor i guess.

Mediocre reveal for the Fury whisper tho.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

That was it? That's what it was after all these years? That's... lukewarm.

That's right boys and girls, the reveal was Asgard vs X-Men, COMING THIS SUMMER TO CHANGE THE MARVEL UNIVERSE FOREVER!!!111!!!!!!!11111……1
    Spoilers: They join forces after Eye-Boy goes bad

I might be in a minority here, but I think the reveal was brilliant. It makes a lot of sense, casting doubt that all gods were unworthy and not just Thor. It casts doubt on the entire concept of humans worshipping gods in the Marvel universe. It's a great concept and one I hope to see more of in future books. Definitely a big step up for this series, which has been dragging lately. Really like what Aaron is doing here and hope it continues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I might be in a minority here, but I think the reveal was brilliant. It makes a lot of sense, casting doubt that all gods were unworthy and not just Thor. It casts doubt on the entire concept of humans worshipping gods in the Marvel universe. It's a great concept and one I hope to see more of in future books. Definitely a big step up for this series, which has been dragging lately. Really like what Aaron is doing here and hope it continues.
    I agree.

It also ties back nicely to the God Butcher stuff.

It also makes sense that the hammer would choose a mortal now.

I mean, the issue is just it built up for 2+ years, so people built it up in there head it would be something nuts like, "your mom was a transexual dragon!"

Plus, at the same time, Bill pointed out that Thor isn't like other gods. As pointed out in the God Butcher arc as well. "the whisper" keeps his dignity while still having a huge effect on the overall narrative.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This was certainly an interesting issue. Fury's words work well without being too on the nose, and we can probably bet the 'War Thor' is also a mortal. And I can still cling to my theory of the underlying substance of Aaron's story being about how Thor should have been tied to a mortal all along.

It does feel just a little bit Doctor Who influenced to introduce a mysterious, grim, war monikered version of the character. I am not sure how I feel about that at the moment, but it does play into the War of the Realms story, and it feels a lot better than Odinson laying claim to the hammer.

This is a harsh mini-series for those hoping that Odinson would weild the hammer and take up his mantle, but how many of us really believed that was going to happen. Especially with the contradictions on front covers over on Mighty Thor, and now with the Ultimate Thor front cover reveal, which seemed poorly timed.

I wonder if we will see more of Odinson in other books now.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-22-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Is Hela after all in black cloak I wonder Who This All new Ultimate Thor....

Well, I expected the Great Reavel to be unsatsfying, anyway (honestly, there was no way it couldn't be), but I'll give that they did seem to have a story behind it, and it wasn't a throw away, out of the blue, kind of thing. Let's see how it'll all play out. I really don't like how Thor is used as a title, instead of as the characters birthname, though. It seems so stupid. And now, the War Thor.

Peace

If that was UU Thor at the end how is he still alive? Also UU Thor was always a regular man the hammer and suit were just tech IIRC. Not gonna lie I only checked this out because I thought Thor would get the UU Mjolnir, it was always cooler to me, I careless about the reveal.

How is Odin not able to control the hammer then? How did this whisper even effect him? My reaction is much like Beta Ray's, "You don't don't truly believe that." Just brush it off. It didn't make Beta Ray unworthy why would it make Odin?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    If that was UU Thor at the end how is he still alive? Also UU Thor was always a regular man the hammer and suit were just tech IIRC. Not gonna lie I only checked this out because I thought Thor would get the UU Mjolnir, it was always cooler to me, I careless about the reveal.
    It is not the Ultimate Universe Thor. His words would make no sense.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-22-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    . However, he is the God of thunder once more and uses his powers (yay thunder with no hammer)
    We don't see enough of this. He is the God of thunder. He shouldn't need the hammer to control the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythnul View Post
    How is Odin not able to control the hammer then? How did this whisper even effect him? My reaction is much like Beta Ray's, "You don't don't truly believe that." Just brush it off. It didn't make Beta Ray unworthy why would it make Odin?
    We don't yet know why Odin can't lift it. It is unlikely to be anything to do with Gor. I still suspect some tampering by Freyja who perhaps woke up the Mother of Thunder to teach Odin some humility.

Beta Ray isn't plagued by doubt. He is also not quite a god.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-22-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Niffleheim

Gorr was right lol! while reading Gorr's whole arc i thought he was right and now i love that those were the words that brought Odinson to become much more than he is. I'm satisfied with the conclusion
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough