Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Couldn't Odin overcome it as he did before, especially since it is now trapped in a hammer? Does that make Beta Ray's hammer not as powerful as Mjolnir, as it doesn't have a storm inside it? What about Ultimate Thor's hammer, does it also have the same storm? Many questions.
    Last edited by Erythnul; 03-22-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Beta Ray isn't plagued by doubt. He is also not quite a god.
    Exactly.

Jane isn't a god.

Bill isn't a god.

We will see with War Thor.

Anyone else find it hilarious that Thor was all, "i dare someone to try and touch the hammer"

two pages later, someone waltzes in and takes it hahahahahaha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

How great was this? Thanos is in a Death Triangle
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think given how long we have been waiting for this reveal there is little doubt that many will be dissapointed, no matter what the whisper was. Personally speaking I liked what it was. Its a nice way to tie-in to the start of Aaron's Thor story, and whats currently going on in Mighty Thor. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next and how this changes the 'Godhood' of the MU. Also nice how some aspects of Angela: Queen of Hel has been continued, what with Thori and Hela.

Niffleheim

Does Marvel have issues with Hickman's creations? The Black Order is nonexistent, we are down to Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I still don't get why Black Swan is serving Thanos. I don't expect her to be as powerful as him, but it's really odd to see her call him "my lord".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erythnul View Post
    How is Odin not able to control the hammer then? How did this whisper even effect him? My reaction is much like Beta Ray's, "You don't don't truly believe that." Just brush it off. It didn't make Beta Ray unworthy why would it make Odin?
    Maybe it's because the616 hammer is now sentient and it accepted that gods are unworthy thing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

How great was this? Thanos is in a Death Triangle
    You forget Thane, it's a rectangle now.

Jason Aaron over hyped bad run on thor and ruining the characters continue with the stupidest reveal in comics history. Gorr was right? Why would that make him unworthy? WHAT THE HECK? ::Brain goes into blue screen death mode::

images.jpeg

BANNED

ho hum! pretty much average issue. With the intensity it was calling you would think the firmament would ring with thunder once its claimed but all we saw was a bolt of lightning. not sure whether war Thor is another thunder strike like character.hey what if it was Eric Masterson but of the ultimate universe who got integrated with this reality and was finally drawn to it. If he is able to channel a or the ultimate thor it would make it more similar to the 616 erick mastersons story who had Thor contained within him. well whatever. pretty mundane reveal of the whisper. If Thor had cause to be unworthy it would be when he knew of his fate to become king Thor but that timeline was erased so anyway its moot. What would have made sense was fury whispering I know you were adopted and are a frost giants son and your mother is Gaia who was violated by said frost giant which makes you a product of a unholy union. Every time you use your powers to assert your mastery over earth and its weather you cause your earthen mother to greive remembering the cursed daycshe was violated and had you. Seems silly but so was what we got.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-22-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Does Marvel have issues with Hickman's creations? The Black Order is nonexistent, we are down to Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf
    Didn't BD's head got smashed by Ronan in Infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Didn't BD's head got smashed by Ronan in Infinity?
    Technically yes.

Unless the "it happened kinda sorta" ending of SW brought them all back.

But yeah, dudes a blood stain now.

and Super Giant got exploded lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It is frustrating. Maybe they are considered primary characters and they don't want to have to ask permission to use them ad infinitum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I might be in a minority here, but I think the reveal was brilliant. It makes a lot of sense, casting doubt that all gods were unworthy and not just Thor. It casts doubt on the entire concept of humans worshipping gods in the Marvel universe. It's a great concept and one I hope to see more of in future books. Definitely a big step up for this series, which has been dragging lately. Really like what Aaron is doing here and hope it continues.
    I thought it was great. After the wait, I expect almost any reveal would've been slightly underwhelming for some but I'm very happy with this as it's simple, makes perfect sense and ties in with themes going back to the start of Aaron's run. This mini leaves Thor/Odinson in a good place and I'm excited to see what else Aaron has in store for him.

As for the coming of War Thor, I say...BRING IT!!!

Three years for a reveal we all knew already. Can we all agree that it's not a good plot device to drag out things like this? If it was 6 months, fine, but three years. No matter what the answer given to us was it would be underwhelming. When writers wait to long to give us an answer like this it's doesn't help their story at all. Remember the 'mystery' of who the red hulk was? I'm sure there's a ton more examples but I can't think of them right now.