Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Has anybody here actually used the phrase you put in quotes: 'wrong bad writing'? Most people I think have said they don't like Aaron's creative decisions; there have been a few who have criticised his writing as being inconsistent, they may even have been a few people who have said they thought it was bad for various reasons, but 'wrong bad writing'? It looks like a deliberately grammatically ignorant phrase being used to imply that those who are critical of Aaron's writing are stupid, and I don't think anyone in this thread has used the phrase.

I really hate this straw-manning crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Interesting. Even if it isn't an illusion, I'd bet he has it back by the end of the film. It's just too iconic, even people who know nothing about comics or mythology know that Thor has his hammer.
    Now that I think of it, Hela probably destroys Mjolnir near the start of the film if Thor is off having his adventure on the Hulk battle world. It would explain why he doesn't have it in those scenes.
    (I haven't read anything at all about the new film, so forgive me if much of the story is already known)
    It's definitely not an illusion. Thor wouldn't be on the planet Skaar fighting Hulk in the Arena if his hammer wasn't destroyed. Again Hela in the films is cosmic and a combination of Hela and Mistress Death (they are going in this direction in the comics too, because of the films). She has no need to make an illusion in the film to destroy the hammer, when she more than has the power to do with. It establishes her as an A list bad buy, and it's why they got such a good actress to play her.