View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #13

0 0%
  • Birthright #23

1 7.14%
  • Black Road #8

0 0%
  • Curse Words #3

0 0%
  • Descender #20

1 7.14%
  • The Magdalena #1 (series debut)

0 0%
  • No Mercy #14

1 7.14%
  • Reborn #5 (of 6)

1 7.14%
  • Savage Dragon #222

2 14.29%
  • Shutter #28

0 0%
  • Spread #20

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #22

4 28.57%
  • Underwinter #1 (series debut)

1 7.14%
  • Other - Circuit Breaker #4 (of 5), The Few #3, Loose Ends #3 (of 4)

1 7.14%
  • Other - Ringside #9, She Wolf #7, Violent Love #5

2 14.29%

Default Image Comics poll week 12 - two new series: Magdalena and Underwinter!

Welcome to another instalment of our weekly Image poll, vote for your faves yo!

Last week's poll ended in what looks like the year's first tie! Well I guess someone could still mess it up today, but right now Invincible and East of West both have an equal amount of votes, congrats to both!

This week is another big one, let's do the countdown. Circuit Breaker, She Wolf, Reborn and Loose Ends all hit their penultimate issues, while Violent Love, Shutter, No Mercy and Savage Dragon all wrap up their current storylines. Curse Words reprints its first 2 issues AGAIN, and the first issue of The Few also goes back for a third printing. Lastly, Seven To Eternity gets the giant-sized artist's proofs treatment with its first 2 issues being reprinted in the original inks on oversized format.

Is that all? Certainly not! Two new series debut this week, let's take a peek:
    1.) The Magdalena is back! Originally a character from the Darkness, this Top Cow property is back again for a new series. We're still with the third Magdalena here, Patience, but she gets gravely wounded. Thinking ahead, Patience seeks out the next in the bloodline and begins to train this newbie. Should make for some decent training montages, so get your Rocky soundtrack cued up.

2.) Second up is the new Ray Fawkes series Underwinter. This is Fawkes back at it again with the abstract painting of horrible modern fears. This issue focusses on cruelty and... symphonic music? Perhaps something of a spiritual successor to Intersect, but certainly very different from his style The People Inside and One Soul. Maybe cue up some nice philharmonic music for this one instead.

274193.jpg 274191.jpg

If Casanova hadn't come out, East of West would have been the easy vote.

Nothing for me this week from Image, but some Dark Horse stuff. They're really putting out some great stuff lately.

Just Descender for me. My favorite book from Image. No problem voting for it.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Bullets. Stray Bullets.
    Kind of a surprisingly anticlimatic end (is it the end of Sunshine & Roses? It says "The End" on the last page, but next issue is due next month and another after...) but still, the scariest comic book out there.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Derek doesn't think it's fair that Bullets gets a bullet (do you see what Derek did there?) every month.

Derek also notes that every issue of Stray Bullets ends with a "the end...".

I haven't finished reading mine yet, but Violent Love was out this week too, last in the arc (it was awesome!). I also got The Few #3, although its possible that I got that late and it was a previous week. I shall come back to vote later

Edit: Never mind, I failed to notice them in 'other' haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”