Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The one character that I want to add to this book is the adult Jean Grey as Phoenix.

In all seriousness, so far the Phoenix is the one cosmic touchstone that hasn't been touched on, and it would be GREAT to see it here - especially given that effectively Galactus, in becoming Lifebringer, took it's role of cosmic life/death/rebirth.

Only the life/rebirth bits though.

This was great, either way, and it would be an ingenious way to reintroduce the Fantastic Four.
    Would love to have Jean in the Ultimates. But brace yourself for incoming feedback from those who think that this roster is just fine as it is. Let the Whine About Fine begin!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Would love to have Jean in the Ultimates. But brace yourself for incoming feedback from those who think that this roster is just fine as it is. Let the Whine About Fine begin!
    The roster is well balanced now. There is no need to force A-listers here.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    The roster is well balanced now. There is no need to force A-listers here.
    Normally, I'd agree, but with Phoenix there wouldn't be any so called forcing involved. Not to mention, the team needs some fresh blood as it is. It's basically been a year and a half's worth of iszues with no alterations to the team makeup, even temporarily. Sure, there's Anti Man, but let's be real he isn't really part of the team. Plus, with cosmic threats on this scale, the Phoenix SHOULD be involved. And where the Phoenix is, Jean tends to follow...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Normally, I'd agree, but with Phoenix there wouldn't be any so called forcing involved. Not to mention, the team needs some fresh blood as it is. It's basically been a year and a half's worth of iszues with no alterations to the team makeup, even temporarily. Sure, there's Anti Man, but let's be real he isn't really part of the team. Plus, with cosmic threats on this scale, the Phoenix SHOULD be involved. And where the Phoenix is, Jean tends to follow...
    I think the one character that shouldn't be replaced on the team is Carol and that mostly because she founded the team lol I wonder who could leave though?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I think in some ways Carol being part of the ultimates is what could keep marvel's push for the character as their flagship female superhero alive and with her solo title struggling to sell monthly the ultimates kinda had this problem too apparently before it was relaunched as ultimates 2.

But yeah Carol should always be part of the team she's basically why the team even exist in the first place since it was her idea to form the team.

BANNED

The Phoenix is being reintroduced in Thor and in Thanos. Then it will be in the Jean Grey book.

I would have no problem with Phoenix/Jean joining the Ultimates. She'd be the teams first mutant.

Totally down with Phoenix joining the Ultimates. You can keep the roster as is with her as an addition.