Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I suspect First Firmament is just a poetic way of saying the original creation, or iteration one. It calls to mind the sky and this entity appears to be called Skyfather.

I don't see how this can be TOAA because the implication is that Logos actually goes back and through that backwards process becomes the Skyfather. The voice may change but the process is begun by Logos saying we will go back and ended by the Skyfather saying the same.
    "Skyfather" is the issue title, and issue title is usually "poetic". I think the official name for the cosmic jailor entity is simply First Firmament.

I have no idea where the "Logos goes back bit" come from. Logos and Hunger Galactus are two entities corrupted by the First Firmament and currently wrecking havok inside the Eternity.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 03-22-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

On twitter, Ewing confirmed that First Firmament is the first cosmos.
    When asked if that meant if it was the Eternity of the first cosmos, he replied "pretty much".

He also confirmed Eternity War will start soon. Does that mean Eternity War is not going to be an event? We have Secret Empire soon as an event.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Mighty Member

I'm getting all excited and goose pimply.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    "Skyfather" is the issue title, and issue title is usually "poetic". I think the official name for the cosmic jailor entity is simply First Firmament.

I have no idea where the "Logos goes back bit" come from. Logos and Hunger Galactus are two entities corrupted by the First Firmament and currently wrecking havok inside the Eternity.
    Go back and look at the titles of each issue in this entire run and how he uses them to build his story and give names to things. It would be odd if this one was the exception.

Logos says clearly in this issue that he or they should go back, this is then obfuscated by the link into the next scene to keep us guessing. It then becomes clear that he isn't turning up in that scene, but then the idea is picked up again at the end when the real destination is reached. It's right there in the text.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-23-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Go back and look at the titles of each issue in this entire run and how he uses them to build his story and give names to things. It would be odd if this one was the exception.

Logos says clearly in this issue that he or they should go back, this is then obfuscated by the link into the next scene to keep us guessing. It then becomes clear that he isn't turning up in that scene, but then the idea is picked up again at the end when the real destination is reached. It's right there in the text.
    I think the line means "I (Logos) hear you, we (as in me and Galactus) will go back (to deal with the Ultimates)"

He also confirmed Eternity War will start soon. Does that mean Eternity War is not going to be an event? We have Secret Empire soon as an event.
    With what occurred in both Unworthy Thor and the Ultimates, my gut tells me Marvel is not going to miss out on the opportunity to have another event.

As far as this book goes, I am digging the art more than I thought I would (though I miss Rocafort).

My favorite from this issue:

I think the line means "I (Logos) hear you, we (as in me and Galactus) will go back (to deal with the Ultimates)"
    I finally had a chance to read this again, and I think Logos is talking about being folded back into Skyfather (for want of a better name).

Logos "I hear you. We will go back... Back to a better time ..."
    Then the next time we see Logos and Galactus they are in the eyes of a haunting Eternity, being spoken to by Skyfather. He is talking about how his own systems (Logos and Galactus as systems within Eternity) will eat him from the inside before he will reabsorb him and the other iterations of the multiverse. Skyfather echoes Logos, calling it a 'return to a saner time'.

I don't know about you but that guy doesn't look sane.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-23-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

A bit of an odd reveal. It's like the Morridun reveal in his New Avengers but to 11 essentially.

A cosmic being from a previous cosmos! Check
    Wants to rebirth reality to fit his views! Check
    Finds those who are weak and molds them/corrupts to their wish for a host/herald! Check

And it doesn't really answer how they can jail the current reality or why they're necessarilly stronger than the current cosmos and able to jail them at all.

Interesting idea for a villain who enslaves the representation of a universe.

But this raise some questions aout the First Firmament and where Reed and his family get into it?

Reed and his family are currently the Gods of the Marvel Universe at least figuratively. Surely Reed knows he wants to destroy the other recreated universes so they should do something?

And how do you defeat a Firmament?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    A bit of an odd reveal. It's like the Morridun reveal in his New Avengers but to 11 essentially.

A cosmic being from a previous cosmos! Check
    Wants to rebirth reality to fit his views! Check
    Finds those who are weak and molds them/corrupts to their wish for a host/herald! Check

And it doesn't really answer how they can jail the current reality or why they're necessarilly stronger than the current cosmos and able to jail them at all.
    We haven't had confirmation that any of those guys are the jailer. Indeed, if we believe the babbling exposition machine that is anti-man the yellow blob is the jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Interesting idea for a villain who enslaves the representation of a universe.

But this raise some questions aout the First Firmament and where Reed and his family get into it?

Reed and his family are currently the Gods of the Marvel Universe at least figuratively. Surely Reed knows he wants to destroy the other recreated universes so they should do something?

And how do you defeat a Firmament?
    Just want to point out that they are our gods too. Reed made the current multiverse, that includes me and you. I know it's kooky but it's also something I like to play with in my head when I am reading this stuff. We are referencing Morrison so it seems appropriate.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-23-2017 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

I`m wondering where does Myaboshi fits in all of this with the current storyline bringing some shades of "Chaos War". Is he the Primordial Void before everything started to born and breathe or just the current illiteration of the current universe?

How you defeat a firmament? Mythological Heracles held it over his head, he can punch it

Mighty Member

Just want to point out that they are our gods too. Reed made the current multiverse, that includes me and you. I know it's kooky but it's also something I like to play with in my head when I am reading this stuff. We are referencing Morrison so it seems appropriate.
    This gets back to our discussion in another thread about how much Reed and Doom created (with the multiverse or Battleworld) and how much they cobbled together existing stuff. Is "creation" assembly of existing components, or is it conjuring components from elsewhat? If it is the former, Reed et al were creators. If it is the latter, Reed just cobbled something together from stuff that was lying around. The true "creator" would be who/whatever created the stuff from elsewhat in the first place.

And, I am missing Rocafort a little less than I expected to.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

And, I am missing Rocafort a little less than I expected to.
    Oh I am missing him something chronic. I actively dislike the art apart from the cosmic scenes. I am beginning to wonder if I should drop the book and catch up on MU.