Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    What sort of questions would it raise? Other than that Superman obviously hasn't always been married to Lois.
    Jon would wonder why Clark and Diana were involved with each other in the years he spent growing up, would Lois have been a single mom then? Was she and Diana sharing Clark etc? Obviously this sort of thing is'nt happening, but if it did, Jon would be royally f-ed up in later years and probably wouldn't develop a morally healthy view on relationships with anyone he ever hooked up with

And why would it impact Jon negatively? That Lois (don't forget... she's had other guys than Clark) and Clark have been with other people?
    I don't mind them having other relationships before they found each other (that's how it was when I started reading it after all), there could be some good stories out of Carrol being a bitter ex-fiance from the past for example (better than just subjecting him to limbo), and I still think Diana using Clark in an 'easy' relationship could still inform her character currently, my point of contention was Lois and Clark remembering things as occurring after their lives were tampered with...and how they would explain that away to Jon. I think it's too heavy for escapism on the scale of Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jon would wonder why Clark and Diana were involved with each other in the years he spent growing up, would Lois have been a single mom then? Was she and Diana sharing Clark etc? Obviously this sort of thing is'nt happening, but if it did, Jon would be royally f-ed up in later years and probably wouldn't develop a morally healthy view on relationships with anyone he ever hooked up with
    Are you saying that children raised by either a single parent or by a polyamorous couple would likely develop a morally unhealthy view of relationships?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Are you saying that children raised by either a single parent or by a polyamorous couple would likely develop a morally unhealthy view of relationships?
    I'm a strong believer in the family unit, and I don't take to that sort of thing, so yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. You may think differently and can cite healthy experiences as examples, and that's ok. It's just not something I'm personally comfortable with.

Besides, we already have Damien for this sort of thing don't we? I can excuse him because it's Batman and he's supposed to be f-ed up. But Superman is morally centered and wholesome.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-23-2017 at 03:56 AM.

I certainly wouldn't say that. A good number of people come out of any number of family configurations and are fine, stable people. My take would be that Lois & Clark are the center of the DC universe, and I don't think it does the characters any service to screw with that once they're married and/or have a family. Even what they were kinda teasing about with Lana for one story sometime in the 00's pissed me off, as it was. I do think that having supporting characters with different family situations is a very good thing - and having Lois & Clark be the more socially-traditional style that is supportive of those various family situations has a lot of positive potential. A number Post-Crisis stories did this very well for topics at the time, and I'd like to see that trend continue.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    http://comicsalliance.com/superman-r...ive-interview/

So does that mean that basically everything we've read over the past - what, two years? - leading up to The New 52 Superman's death, and the introduction of "SuperDad" (I don't like the term, but it's what we've got for now) and family to the world, and the reaction of everyone to the death of the Superman they knew and their uneasy interactions with the Superman they didn't know, including:

- Wonder Woman watching her lover die, and mourning him
    - Lana Lang mourning her dear friend Clark, and resenting this new guy
    - Lana and Lois getting their powers from the energy thrown off when Superman died, Lois dying, Lana dealing with that and coming to terms with being Superwoman
    - The Super-Man in China getting his powers as a result of Superman's death
    - Batman's suspicious reaction to this new Superman trying to take his dead friend's place
    - Just about everything that has happened in the recent Trinity issues
    - Damian "meeting" Jon for the first time, when actually Jon's been around for all these years, and Damian presumably knew all about him (and, logic dictates, had already met him before)
    - Clark Kent (who turned out to be Mxy) "coming out of hiding" after Superman's public death
    - Superman working to convince the JLA to accept him as a replacement for his dead counterpart
    - And so on, and so on, and so on

didn't actually happen in the timeline that will now be the central DCU we'll be reading about?
    I just want to point out that this is one giant sentence. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I certainly wouldn't say that. A good number of people come out of any number of family configurations and are fine, stable people. My take would be that Lois & Clark are the center of the DC universe, and I don't think it does the characters any service to screw with that once they're married and/or have a family. Even what they were kinda teasing about with Lana for one story sometime in the 00's pissed me off, as it was. I do think that having supporting characters with different family situations is a very good thing - and having Lois & Clark be the more socially-traditional style that is supportive of those various family situations has a lot of positive potential. A number Post-Crisis stories did this very well for topics at the time, and I'd like to see that trend continue.
    I can't think of Superman and Lois having nothing but a healthy relationship. Superman returns low point was having Superman as a dead beat father, that was horrible. And then instead of raising her son alone Lois just got a married to give him a father. What a mess synger did

I don't mind them having other relationships before they found each other (that's how it was when I started reading it after all), there could be some good stories out of Carrol being a bitter ex-fiance from the past for example (better than just subjecting him to limbo), and I still think Diana using Clark in an 'easy' relationship could still inform her character currently, my point of contention was Lois and Clark remembering things as occurring after their lives were tampered with...and how they would explain that away to Jon. I think it's too heavy for escapism on the scale of Superman.
    I prefer a limbo than being a bitter ex-fiancé. that is the worse role from fiction k

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Even what they were kinda teasing about with Lana for one story sometime in the 00's pissed me off, as it was.
    That was from Chuck Austen's run, which I frequently cite as maybe the worst run on a Superman book, ever.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

That wouldn't have happened. Obviously, he and Wonder Woman would have been a couple before Lois and Jon.

As for this whole thing, I'm willing to stay for the "aftermath" issues, just to see the dust settle. But after, that... I don't know. It's possible that I'll drop the books. the ending to Reborn, at least to me, was a bit anticlimactic. It's implied that "everything counts" but visually it's not the impression I got.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I can't think of Superman and Lois having nothing but a healthy relationship. Superman returns low point was having Superman as a dead beat father, that was horrible. And then instead of raising her son alone Lois just got a married to give him a father. What a mess synger did
    In order to be a deadbeat dad, said "dad" MUST know he has a son. Ergo, Superman was NOT a deadbeat dad.

That was from Chuck Austen's run, which I frequently cite as maybe the worst run on a Superman book, ever.
    Worse than "Truth" and the crapfest that was the latest John's run with Supes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Worse than "Truth" and the crapfest that was the latest John's run with Supes?
    I liked the Action Comics portion of 'Truth', but yes Austen's run is worse than than the lowest points of Truth, and John's run that followed Lobdell. It's actually worse than Lobdell's run.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a run that was worse than Austen's.

A thought.. After see Doc Bifrost post..

The end of New Super-man and Superwoman can be because All the past change with AC 976? Along with the low sales.

Without N52, none would have obtained powers.. No series..

Sorry, Kenan. It's how I imagined, since the begin you were doomed.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-23-2017 at 07:15 AM.

In order to be a deadbeat dad, said "dad" MUST know he has a son. Ergo, Superman was NOT a deadbeat dad.
    well he knew he had a kid in the ending, and still did nothing with that information. So he did become a deadbeat dad in the end. At least I think he did (god that movie was so forgettable, all I remember clearly is Luthor shouting "WRONG" and the eye bullet bit).

BANNED

That wouldn't have happened. Obviously, he and Wonder Woman would have been a couple before Lois and Jon.
    I wasn't disputing that, if you read my posts correctly you'd have understood that, but you obviously did'nt. I was contesting people who wanted Lois and Clark to retain every memory of their PF and N52 lives, only not in a merged context.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    A thought.. After see Doc Bifrost post..

The end of New Super-man and Superwoman can be because All the past change with AC 976? Along with the low sales.

Without N52, none would have obtained powers.. No series..

Sorry, Kenan. It's how I imagined, since the begin you were doomed.
    The Superwoman/New Super-man stuff could be incorporated by adapting the Electric Superman Red/Blue storyline. Or even if they don't, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. The books might eventually get cancelled, but the characters will find their way across the DC Universe in various books. Too much good work has been done with both characters to throw it all away.

BANNED

That skeleton of N52 Superman may be a big clue as to how New Superman fits, "Coming to America" was clearly set in the new timeline and Supes is appearing in the next issue.