Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Powergirl is still Karen but on Earth 2. On main Earth Powergirl is Tanya. They basically sharing mantles but different earths. I tell many people just ignore what you read in Harley Quinn because it does its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    . . . I just wonder, if Karen is to come back for the JSA then will Val come with her? Or do we leave him on Earth-2, and finally do something that's not super gimmicky with that place? The concept of a long distance relationship across dimensions is pretty cool, and pretty super.
    And since the currently "formerly-known-as-Power-Girl" character in the Earth 2 book had gone back to using the "Supergirl" name, why on Earth (or even Krypton) would she go back to the Prime Earth AND go back to calling herself "Power Girl" again?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And since the currently "formerly-known-as-Power-Girl" character in the Earth 2 book had gone back to using the "Supergirl" name, why on Earth (or even Krypton) would she go back to the Prime Earth AND go back to calling herself "Power Girl" again?
    Well, they can always just retcon all that away. Then you can "Rebirth" Power Girl with a cleaner slate without having to worry about the nonsense that Earth 2 turned into. They've Rebirthed characters, nothing saying they can't Rebirth a whole world. There's nothing but her worth keeping anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

But as you've said before, they seem pretty incline to keep large chunks of the New 52. Who is to say they won't keep aspects of Earth 2? Not good stories like Doomed and Truth are totally still in continuity in some form.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Tanya was a character that DC forced Levitz to create as he was writing his World's Finest run right before sending PG and Helena back to Earth 2. There was really never a plan in place for her, and if we are fortunate to get a new Power Girl unconnected to the New 52 one that will be in the new JSA book Tanya will have no connection to that PG because they would never have met.

But as you've said before, they seem pretty incline to keep large chunks of the New 52. Who is to say they won't keep aspects of Earth 2? Not good stories like Doomed and Truth are totally still in continuity in some form.
    In the context of the main Earth, yeah. I'm just hopeful that's not the case with Earth 2 as I think literally everything after Robinson was a trash heap with no redeemable qualities. To me the worst of the New 52 on the main Earth still doesn't manage to touch how awful the Earth 2 stuff became. But maybe they do keep it; I know just because I want it erased doesn't mean it will be. A redo is just one option, and my wish and what I feel is the best way to bring Karen Starr back where she belongs.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In the context of the main Earth, yeah. I'm just hopeful that's not the case with Earth 2 as I think literally everything after Robinson was a trash heap with no redeemable qualities. To me the worst of the New 52 on the main Earth still doesn't manage to touch how awful the Earth 2 stuff became. But maybe they do keep it; I know just because I want it erased doesn't mean it will be. A redo is just one option, and my wish and what I feel is the best way to bring Karen Starr back where she belongs.
    But, isn't "Earth-2" where Power Girl belongs?

That's where she started.

Incredible Member

They seem inclined to keep the commercially viable chunks. Creatively, Earth-2 may have a few things worth salvaging. Gay Alan Scott. The term "wonders". Some of the government intrigue stuff. Maybe Helena Wayne and Karen starting as Robin and Supergirl. Dick Grayson's Batman costume.

But I expect it to get Rebirthed if for no other reason than media synergy and because Earth-3 HAS TO get rebooted now.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    They seem inclined to keep the commercially viable chunks. Creatively, Earth-2 may have a few things worth salvaging. Gay Alan Scott. The term "wonders". Some of the government intrigue stuff. Maybe Helena Wayne and Karen starting as Robin and Supergirl. Dick Grayson's Batman costume.
    I assume they'll cherry pick New 52 stuff, add in chunks of classic stuff, and put in a dash of new much the same way they are with the main continuity.

There's also the very real possibility of Earth-0 and Earth-2 having the same characters but one adhering to more classic aspects ie Earth-0. I honestly wouldn't profess to know what direction they're going in.

Whatever the case, I like the idea of Tanya, so whatever scenario leaves her in play and keep the door open for Super Fam interaction/membership is fine by me. They're so into legacy these days that having Karen graduate to Power Woman doesn't sound off to me at all. I'm not particularly attached to Val-Zod, so I wouldn't really miss him.

and because Earth-3 HAS TO get rebooted now.
    Why's that? Not disagreeing or anything (or even against it), just wondering why you feel that way.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-09-2017 at 03:33 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm mildly disappointed that there's a "new" Powergirl that isn't Galatea. I loved the idea of science-jerks trying to make their own super-weapon and having it go horribly wrong. It's like some of the previous stories with people trying to make clones of Superman... except this one isn't really defective.

Incredible Member

Why's that? Not disagreeing or anything (or even against it), just wondering why you feel that way.
    Because it was destroyed and the Crime Syndicate is dead. No way we won't ever have a Crime Syndicate again. I mean, sure, the Justice Lords or Vampire JLA or whoever could pick up that slack for awhile but eventually somebody will want the Crime Syndicate to have their own earth again.

BANNED

Tanya is a regular in 'Deathstroke' now, written by Priest, so I'm anticipating great things for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm mildly disappointed that there's a "new" Powergirl that isn't Galatea. I loved the idea of science-jerks trying to make their own super-weapon and having it go horribly wrong. It's like some of the previous stories with people trying to make clones of Superman... except this one isn't really defective.

Kon-el says hello

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Tanya is a regular in 'Deathstroke' now, written by Priest, so I'm anticipating great things for her.
    She has been a great addition to that title.