Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

What is Earth-Two right now, exactly?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Because it was destroyed and the Crime Syndicate is dead. No way we won't ever have a Crime Syndicate again. I mean, sure, the Justice Lords or Vampire JLA or whoever could pick up that slack for awhile but eventually somebody will want the Crime Syndicate to have their own earth again.
    I totally forgot about that. Yeah I agree. Though I would really love to see the Justice Lords and Vampire JLA used for a while. That sounds very, very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Tanya is a regular in 'Deathstroke' now, written by Priest, so I'm anticipating great things for her.
    Same.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What is Earth-Two right now, exactly?
    Completely unknown at this point. It could still be the way it was left when the series ended, or maybe Rebirth is an excuse used to make it totally different. I think the latter would be the best move, but anything's possible at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    She has been a great addition to that title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Same.
    I'm still only on issue 10, so I really need to hurry and catch up.

Nothing about Tanya's character is dependent on her being called Power Girl. She could easily just get a new name and the real PG could come back. I just don't think the Power Woman title will work for her given how well known she is as the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Nothing about Tanya's character is dependent on her being called Power Girl. She could easily just get a new name and the real PG could come back. I just don't think the Power Woman title will work for her given how well known she is as the former.
    But who is the "real PG" these days? Where has she been (and why)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But who is the "real PG" these days? Where has she been (and why)?
    The real Power Girl so far seems to be the one from Earth 2. She's been off with variants of the classic JSA because the post-Flashpoint universe couldn't find a better way to incorporate her.

Hopefully the return of the "true" JSA will give her a place in continuity closer to her original life

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Kon-el says hello
    Not a full-K. But that's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about. It'd be a way to have Powergirl AND Supergirl without having them as separate survivors of Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The real Power Girl so far seems to be the one from Earth 2. She's been off with variants of the classic JSA because the post-Flashpoint universe couldn't find a better way to incorporate her.

Hopefully the return of the "true" JSA will give her a place in continuity closer to her original life.
    But right now, the JSA supposedly disappeared in the 1950s, well before the stories where the concept of Power Girl was introduced. And Earth has already seen a Kara version of Power Girl, but she's no longer on the main Earth and no longer uses the "Power Girl" name.
    Until we find out what DC plans for a return of the JSA (if/when they ever get around to that), it's really unknown if/how much of the previous Silver Age+ history will be restored.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But right now, the JSA supposedly disappeared in the 1950s, well before the stories where the concept of Power Girl was introduced. And Earth has already seen a Kara version of Power Girl, but she's no longer on the main Earth and no longer uses the "Power Girl" name.
    Until we find out what DC plans for a return of the JSA (if/when they ever get around to that), it's really unknown if/how much of the previous Silver Age+ history will be restored.
    Given pre-Flashpoint Jay Garrick is out there and has been alluded to and shown multiple times in the current Flash run (including as a Flash Museum exhibit in the future in the preview of next week's issue), I'd say the JSA stuff is coming quickly. That said, I have a hunch they may be saved for Doomsday Clock as they're pretty central to whatever Manhattan's doing and I think Johns wants dibs on them.

I suspect that, outside of Superman, the big players in Doomsday Clock will be the JSA, the Legion, Bart, and Conner.

Hawkman seems to be getting his proper rebirthing in Snyder's Metal. Although, again, preview art for that shows a 1940s Golden-Age Hawkman in his original period attire.

Based on early Rebirth silhouettes, I suspect DC was originally going to revamp the JSA to fit New 52 but now every indication seems to be that their 1940s adventures and looks will be LARGELY if not completely restored. And once you get into that and the FULL restoration of the missing ten years (or partial restoration, the timeline isn't done changing with Superman Reborn), we'll see where we land.

I don't think it will necessarily be EXACTLY pre-Flashpoint and I think some New 52 elements are here to stay but I do think where we're headed is about as close to the classic continuity as JLU or Young Justice animated were.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I do think where we're headed is about as close to the classic continuity as JLU or Young Justice animated were.
    That sounds pretty ideal to me. Those worlds combined essentially equal up to the DCU perfected. Clean, recognizable, full of strange history, but very inviting. Questionable characterizations for specific characters aside, nothing really beats both of their structures, I feel.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Given pre-Flashpoint Jay Garrick is out there and has been alluded to and shown multiple times in the current Flash run (including as a Flash Museum exhibit in the future in the preview of next week's issue), I'd say the JSA stuff is coming quickly.
    Jay Garrick's presence has thrown a lot of things off, but the answer may be The Speed Force for any anomalies with him.
    In DC Universe Rebirth, while Wally was still trapped in the Speed Force (or wherever he was technically trapped), Wally seemed to remember Jay's presence when he (Wally) first became The Flash (dropping the "Kid" from his previous identity), but once Wally was brought out of that (by Barry remembering who he was), Wally started to forget some of that past he had as he was absorbed into the "current" continuity on Rebirth's version of Earth.
    Jay himself may have found a way into that exact Speed Force Wally was caught in when Flash was trying to find a way out of wherever the JSA apparently disappeared to in the 1950s, causing anomalies / memories that may not continue once Jay finds a way back to the current Rebirth reality.
    Or it could just be DC decides to ignore that all if they ever get around to bringing back some version of the JSA sometime before the end of the millennium. (It's not as if they haven't pulled crap like that before.)
    And while I've tried to be patient with DC, it's been over a year since Rebirth began, and aside from meaningless appearances that seem to end in nothing much, there's still no word as to WHEN the JSA will actually return in some form or another. And since DC has been promising there will be a return ever since the start of Rebirth, I'm losing my patience that DC will come through this time. (Last time we were teased with a return of the Justice Society during the New52, we wound up with the bait-and-switch faux-"JSA" of Earth 2.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know, its all there is at the moment, which sucks. I'm all for diversity, I'm just tired of it being utilized in a way that gets classic characters replaced. Its a wrongheaded approach to a positive idea.
    And it hurts the characters who are replacing the originals perpetually because they'll never be "MY [fill in the blank]". I don't know why new characters can't be given their own identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    And it hurts the characters who are replacing the originals perpetually because they'll never be "MY [fill in the blank]". I don't know why new characters can't be given their own identity.
    I think a lot of it comes down to trademarks. If they don't use a character named Power Girl, they lose the trademark.