Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

So, this is from the official website. Is it possible that they're actually building up to a Superman reveal? Part of me doesn't really want them to spoil his return, so I'd be equally ecstatic with a poster, featuring a new Superman picture.

Edit: Some links found in the page's source. No spoilers of any kind. Let's see what Saturday is going to bring now..

https://www.unitetheleague.com/join/...n_superman.jpg
    https://www.unitetheleague.com/join/...e_superman.png
    https://www.unitetheleague.com/join/...sm_468x468.jpg
    Last edited by AwesomeUsername; 03-24-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

At most, Superman will probably just mentioned in the JL trailer.

I read that spoilers:
    Lois is shown in the trailer, but Superman isn't in it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash running in Metropolis' Heroes Park (?)...

Why does it seem like he has to meditate to run? Is that how he taps to the speed force? Don't like it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    Why does it seem like he has to meditate to run? Is that how he taps to the speed force? Don't like it.
    He doesn't. In the Comic-Con trailer, we see him reflexively dodge some kind of incoming energy blast. No preamble required. He also needed no preamble to dodge Bruce's batarang.

Whatever he's doing in the teaser, he must be doing for some reason, but it's pretty clear he doesn't need to do it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He doesn't. In the Comic-Con trailer, we see him reflexively dodge some kind of incoming energy blast. No preamble required. He also needed no preamble to dodge Bruce's batarang.

Whatever he's doing in the teaser, he must be doing for some reason, but it's pretty clear he doesn't need to do it.
    yeah..you probably right..other than that, I like the lighting effects while he runs.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

The Flash running in Metropolis' Heroes Park (?)...
    Curious if we'll see them rebuilding the Superman statue after it was destroyed in the Doomsday fight. It's surely missing from that Flash scene.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Curious if we'll see them rebuilding the Superman statue after it was destroyed in the Doomsday fight. It's surely missing from that Flash scene.
    I think there's a big chance that, to honoring Superman's sacrifice, the statue will get rebuilded in JL or in the MoS sequel, if it ever gets made.

1st official trailer for the new Batman & Friends movie... err, I mean Justice League movie...

BANNED

And the sole representation of the Superman aspect is a mopey looking Lois.

Tonally, this is all over the place. Like WB don't know what mood to set with it...and, c'mon, trying to "Guardians" it up with the retro soundtracks is a little try-too hard-stepdad

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Better than nothing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Pretty say no Superman in the trailer, but at the same time, I'm glad they are keeping it hidden.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Well, her BF and fiancee did bite the big one.

Tonally, this is all over the place. Like WB don't know what mood to set with it...and, c'mon, trying to "Guardians" it up with the retro soundtracks is a little try-too hard-stepdad
    I thought Suicide Squad was trying to one up GOTG? Or was that Deadpool with it's 90s retro soundtrack? Hahaha. GOTG doesn't own the throwback music in movie trailers thing.

Tonally, it feels like every other "go get'em" action movie trailer we see. People clucked about DC movies being dour and humorless, but now they're folding comedy into their movies. Isn't that the opposite of a problem?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I thought Suicide Squad was trying to one up GOTG? Or was that Deadpool with it's 90s retro soundtrack? Hahaha. GOTG doesn't own the throwback music in movie trailers thing.
    You're right, it doesn't, but it made it a pretty popular trend in cape flicks since

People clucked about DC movies being dour and humorless, but now they're folding comedy into their movies. Isn't that the opposite of a problem?
    It is when the humor is just as bad as the kind found in Marvel movies.

1st official trailer for the new Batman & Friends movie... err, I mean Justice League movie...

Totally agree, I feel like it's a get together, if they really put superman in the movie I feel that would make it feel like the actually justice league. T_T

I had my doubts about aquaman but after I saw him throw the trident am sold hehehehe looks epic

This gives me the feels of a more beta- testing JL. ��
    This feels like a good foundation for justice league to jump to

Flash: So what's your superpower again?

Batman: *In Thought* [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] *Cough* Am Rich!
    Last edited by Hope Returns; 03-25-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You're right, it doesn't, but it made it a pretty popular trend in cape flicks since
    Nothing succeeds like success. Remember Star Trek Beyond also threw in a rock song from the 90s in it's trailer and in the climax of it's film. That's the industry though. Playing copy cat till you find success.

It is when the humor is just as bad as the kind found in Marvel movies.
    That is something though. Humor is subjective, and I'd say AoU was the worst offender with it's mile a minute one-liners. They were just as bad as the Brosnan era Bond films with his puns, and one-liners. However, if that's what it takes to get a pat on the head from the critics and get some good will directed toward the DC movies, this will be the strategy going forward. Even X-Men Apocalypse dialed up the jokes and humor to be more MCU like. Not that it did it any good, mind you.