Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Seriously, Superman IMO MUST be in some trailer. It is obvious he'll be in the movie. I'll be seriously disappointed if he doesn't appear at least in the last trailer. It'd make no sense.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    1st official trailer for the new Batman & Friends movie... err, I mean Justice League movie...

Not bad. I would have liked to see a bigger Supes presence, but then again,at least they didn't spoil the big twists ( looking at you BvS trailer)

I like the tone in the trailer. It's clear they haven't totally given in to the critics who want the DCEU to just copy Marvel or Donner Superman , but if this trailer indicates what the film is going to be, it looks like there is an appropriate lightening of the mood and some humor and fun being injected which means they HAVE been taking some of the fair criticisms of BvS and even MOS to heart.

Still a little iffy on Cyborgs visuals, but the rest look good .

It's going to be a long wait until November...
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

I got to say I loved the trailer and I'm kind of glad they didn't show Supes. They should keep teasing us until our butts are in the seats watching this movie to see his grand return. Surprisingly enough I loved rockstar AquaMomoa in this trailer especially with him on the batmobile great moment there.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

For the full trailer they need to do something creative to suggest Superman without actually showing him. Like, at the very end show glowing red eyes, or maybe a quick scene of a hand (Steppenwolf) holding the cape. Something like that. It can't be that hard. This is just a teaser though so I can let it go. And it was alright, I suppose. Didn't blow my mind. Aquaman impressed me the most.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I honestly find "Superman is dead" kind of a really weak excuse as not to use Superman at the very least slightly in promo footage. Because at the very last moment in BvS we are shown that HE IS ALIVE. The dirt started flowing. The exact same thing happened with rocks and snow when he took his first fly in Man of Steel and when Zod learned to fly, you could see his pieces of armor also floating above the ground. All of that indicates that kryptonians have some sort of biofield that allows them to fly, which should work only of kryptonian is actually alive. That means that in BvS we saw not subtle, but actual literal confirmation that he is alive. All of that doesn't make his return such a mystery or surprise. It only builds the excitement for the epic scene that you know will happen for sure. With that being said, they could use some footage where Superman is at least mentioned by other characters, even if it will be past tense or maybe some sound effect that would indicate his presence. They can give us Superman in promos without actually showing the climax scene of his inevitable return.

P.S. Also, everything that I described above also shows that saying "Superman is dead" is simply incorrect due to BvS's very last 2 seconds.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 03-25-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I get folks want Supes but he is integeral to the film, any mention or showcase of him will take away from the film, they did that mistake with Doomsday and it shouldn't be repeated. Yes we know he is the film but how and how it all fits should be left for the film istelf. There is no reason to ruin it now when they can market 5 chars including Batman.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo, it looks like the Aquaman in this movie cut this trailer lol

But for real though, I'm into it. I got minor complaints like the fact that everywhere looks like a sound stage. I've also got big complaints like whatever the hell they did to Cyborg. That is just not good CGI. I have no earthly idea why they didn't go practical effects there. He's a normal sized person. It's not like he's the 9ft Hulk. I get that they wanted to show the see-through robot parts, but are you telling me you couldn't have mixed practical and CG there?

Pretty into the idea of Flash's whole "centering himself" thing. And Aquaman is probably gonna end up being my favorite.

Incredible Member

This was a great trailer. I think we may see more Superman closer to November. They did this with Spider-Man in Captain America:Civil War, and Darth Vader in Rogue One. It was good seeing Lois in the trailer. I don't want to see The resurrection of Superman, just some kind of presence in upcoming trailers.

I'm betting he only appears at the end of the movie and has no lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I get folks want Supes but he is integeral to the film, any mention or showcase of him will take away from the film, they did that mistake with Doomsday and it shouldn't be repeated. Yes we know he is the film but how and how it all fits should be left for the film istelf. There is no reason to ruin it now when they can market 5 chars including Batman.
    I'd say considering we all know Supes is coming back, the only surprise is the particulars, not that he's going to come back. In other words, we don't need the trailer to confirm whether or not he's going to come back. On the other had, the trailer was the confirmation of Doomsday.

Anyway, this wasn't particular good or bad. It's just another Hollywood blockbuster trailer with a crap ton of special effects. Seen it, moving along.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Oh no, mate. Snyder said they'll be a touchy/funny scene of Bats and Supes over who should be leader of the League. He will have a role.

I'm guessing Act 2 will revolve around not only the invasion but the stealing of the body, and Act 3 will then be his return, possibly brainwashed but hopefully not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Action speaks louder than words.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Oh man, I'm so hoping they're no brainwashing of Supes in this movie. I want his return to be all grand and epic free from any evil darkseid influences.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Oh no, mate. Snyder said they'll be a touchy/funny scene of Bats and Supes over who should be leader of the League. He will have a role.
    If this Superman is going to stake a claim in leading the team, then it will be a funny scene indeed!