Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 'Wonder Woman Meets Donna Troy' In Titans Annual #1 SPOILERS

I've got questions, ..and I want answers! What will we find out, when the Titans meet the Justice League? Will we get an important part of the 'Lies' puzzle ..or just filling in on who is Donna Troy ..to Wonder Woman? Will they be sisters, cousins, aunt and niece, magical twins, ..fellow Avon sales associates? Will Donna and Diana have a history, together? Is Donna a princess, too? Where does Donna come from? Has Donna ever dated Prince Harry? Will we FINALLY find out Donna's new codename?

Do you want them to be sisters, again, ..or Diana being Donna's aunt? Do you want them to be enemies? What do you want to see happen?

I'll take any of that. Six DAYS...I can't wait for Titans Annual #1.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Maybe Terry Long will be there to explain things! Hahaha, no.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Would love for Diana to be Donna's aunt. Although that maybe be unpopular

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Would love for Diana to be Donna's aunt. Although that maybe be unpopular
    As in the daughter of this alleged Jason? I think I would be ok with that. They need to explain this Jason person too though....where is he, what's he been doing, why all the questions...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope they're sisters or at the very least, close blood relatives.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe Terry Long will be there to explain things! Hahaha, no.
    I've been waiting for news of Terry Long slithering his way back out of the gutter since Rebirth started.

It's always been my head canon that pre-Crisis Diana only tolerated Terry because his being around meant that Steve looked better in comparison and Hippolyta would be more welcoming to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope they're sisters or at the very least, close blood relatives.
    I agree with you 100%! I think they should be blood sisters. Why else would they look so much alike.

You guys leave Terry alone! he wasn't the most interesting on the bunch but he loved Donna, wasn't it enough?

I'd like them to be sisters, it really intrigues me that Donna seems to have connection with the Amazons in Titans but has a human step-mother. I wonder if we are going with the pre-crisis storyline of 'child rescued by amazons and raised as one of them' because I certainly hope so.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As in the daughter of this alleged Jason? I think I would be ok with that. They need to explain this Jason person too though....where is he, what's he been doing, why all the questions...
    Now that Diana has a sibling, it would probably be the easiest route for DC to take to explain Donna and why she's so much like Diana. But I doubt they will do it though.

Bruce has like four Robins that ALL look like him, it wouldn't be the strangest thing if she wasn't related to Diana by blood imo.

I personally thought her pre-crisis origin (Orphan found by WW and raised by Amazons) was her best one imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Bruce has like four Robins that ALL look like him, it wouldn't be the strangest thing if she wasn't related to Diana by blood imo...
    I like Donna's Silver Age origin, also, for exactly that reason. It capitalized on Diana's big message from the Golden Age: that EVERY woman, and not just blood Amazons, can be a Wonder Woman! In its best stories of the 40s and 50s, the comic reinforced that ideal, time and time again. I still consider the WW comic in its truest, purest form (except for the racist bits, which don't fit).

Just the same, ..I'm hoping she's JASON's daughter, because I've always wanted Diana to have a brother-figure, AND being Donna's father almost certainly solidifies Jason's place in the Wonder-mythos. As much as I loved the 'adopted by Amazons and zapped fulla' Wondy-powers' origin, and I really, REE-EEEAAALLLLY do, I just can't shake the faint hope that Donna's new origin might bring us the comic's first legitimate 'Mr. Wonder' sort of side character, with his own fancy plane, armbands and super-powers. While Champion (proudly displayed as my avatar) literally had ALL of those things, he was also a retconned Golden Age superhero, being impersonated by Hercules, ..and he wasn't a blood 'Wonder'. Jason being a blood Wonder and the second male (if we're counting Lummox) trumps that, just a little...

And if being Donna's papi is the only way we get him, bring it on! It's 2017. Give Wonder Woman a brother, already. Sheesh!

Anyway...five more days. FIVE...MORE...DAYS...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-24-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    You guys leave Terry alone! he wasn't the most interesting on the bunch but he loved Donna, wasn't it enough?

I'd like them to be sisters, it really intrigues me that Donna seems to have connection with the Amazons in Titans but has a human step-mother. I wonder if we are going with the pre-crisis storyline of 'child rescued by amazons and raised as one of them' because I certainly hope so.
    Filing a restraining order and getting custody of Robert, didn't exactly endear Terry to Donna fans.

Incredible Member

I hope that they're adoptive sisters who, for a period of time, grew up on Themyscira together.

But, I don't think that is going to work with the Rebirth canon. Then again, who knows what the recent events in Superman mean for the broader DC universe since everything has been re-written once again. So, maybe it is possible.

I just want them to be close. I want Diana to have a clear legacy character (or characters if possible). I want them to be friends, fellow Amazons, sisters and sometimes even opponents if they don't share the same views. I don't want Donna to be saddled with yet another bizarre, nonsensical origin story that will be forgotten or rewritten in 12 months time (if not sooner).

Wait, so the Donna in Titans isn't the Donna from Meredith Finch's run? Ugh.
    Not that I liked that take on Donna Troy, but they should have fixed that character rather than replace her, or whatever it is they're doing.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Wait, so the Donna in Titans isn't the Donna from Meredith Finch's run? Ugh.
    Not that I liked that take on Donna Troy, but they should have fixed that character rather than replace her, or whatever it is they're doing.

In Titans Hunt, Donna was the same as the one from the Finchs' run but when Wally came back, that changed all of the Titans so that they were more like their pre-Flashpoint selves. Donna has her pre-Flashpoint personality back and a different origin than the one the Finchs gave her.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.